700 WLW Mike McConnell

I honestly stopped listing to WLW at the top and bottom of each hour because of the sensationalistic journalism the push. During the pandemic, if you watched the national news regularly, you had no way but to be depressed. It was death and sickness numbers around the clock. Instead of reporting on the numbers of people that SURVIVED, it was the deaths daily. The average person has no idea how many people die in their city/ state/ country on a daily basis. 2.8 MILLION people die in America per year. That's 233,000 per month. When we get to the end of this, we'll go back and subtract those who had two or more co-morbities with Covid, not of Covid and we're going to know this wasn't all it was cracked up to be. As sad as this is, the left really pushed last year for the upheaval partly to get Trump out of office. I truly believe that.

Almost everyone has comorbidities. People who die of the flu have them too. This was 10 to 20 times deadlier than that. The left didn't have to push a narrative as much as most people (including my republican friends) viewed the last admin's. handling of the pandemic as a clown show because it was, and that's putting it nicely. Dotard has no one to blame but himself.

While I do agree to a point, I also would say the ALT LEFT is the same. Although they follow Zero news, listen to music and all they hear is how bad their lives are and how unfair America is. The Corona virus did originate in China. It was not manufactured, but the Chinese government did the world a disservice by allowing the virus to spread around the world and basically putting their heads in the sand.
I don't call it entertaining to listen to people who have little idea what's going on to just spout off.
This all said, McConnell really needs to be back in the 9-12 slot or 12-3 and taking callers for 3 hours. He's the best. I can take Willie in small doees, i don't listen to Sloan.
McConnell is not right or left, he's in the middle and professes alot of common sense ideals. He comes off as a little arrogant and impatient on the radio, but if you follow his thoughts, he's generally spot on.

Btw I might check him out, thanks. I've read George Will for years and always found him illuminating and extremely intelligent. Even when I wholeheartedly disagreed. Not that MM is George Will but we need more of that. Rational staunch conservatives AND liberals. And more centrist, less radical. Though that appears to be hopeless at the moment.

Almost everyone has comorbidities. People who die of the flu have them too. This was 10 to 20 times deadlier than that. The left didn't have to push a narrative as much as most people (including my republican friends) viewed the last admin's. handling of the pandemic as a clown show because it was, and that's putting it nicely. Dotard has no one to blame but himself.
True, but when someone has terminal cancer or severe heart disease and they get covid and die, and it's classified as a Covid death, that's wrong. The media (journalists) has the duty to ask questions and put the truth out on this, but they didn't. Trump has his issues, all presidents do, but the left saw this as an opportunity to help push him out and they jumped on this and didn't let up.

I honestly stopped listing to WLW at the top and bottom of each hour because of the sensationalistic journalism the push. During the pandemic, if you watched the national news regularly, you had no way but to be depressed. It was death and sickness numbers around the clock. Instead of reporting on the numbers of people that SURVIVED, it was the deaths daily. The average person has no idea how many people die in their city/ state/ country on a daily basis. 2.8 MILLION people die in America per year. That's 233,000 per month. When we get to the end of this, we'll go back and subtract those who had two or more co-morbities with Covid, not of Covid and we're going to know this wasn't all it was cracked up to be. As sad as this is, the left really pushed last year for the upheaval partly to get Trump out of office. I truly believe that.
I've called in a couple of times and have mentioned it to the hosts... you can tell they have been given the talking points when you ask about the liberal newsroom.... the worst is the lady thats usually on weekends ( susan?)

While I do agree to a point, I also would say the ALT LEFT is the same. Although they follow Zero news, listen to music and all they hear is how bad their lives are and how unfair America is. The Corona virus did originate in China. It was not manufactured, but the Chinese government did the world a disservice by allowing the virus to spread around the world and basically putting their heads in the sand.
I don't call it entertaining to listen to people who have little idea what's going on to just spout off.
This all said, McConnell really needs to be back in the 9-12 slot or 12-3 and taking callers for 3 hours. He's the best. I can take Willie in small doees, i don't listen to Sloan.
McConnell is not right or left, he's in the middle and professes alot of common sense ideals. He comes off as a little arrogant and impatient on the radio, but if you follow his thoughts, he's generally spot on.
love Gary Jeff!!!

“Guess what: it’s an undeniable fact now that the 2020 election was rigged in Arizona. Maricopa County officials deleted a directory full of election databases right before the election equipment was delivered to the audit. And now they deny they have the router passwords.”

Like Time the Ragazine said it was fraud...

“Guess what: it’s an undeniable fact now that the 2020 election was rigged in Arizona. Maricopa County officials deleted a directory full of election databases right before the election equipment was delivered to the audit. And now they deny they have the router passwords.”

Like Time the Ragazine said it was fraud...
Wayne Dupree is on the same line as Faux News! Lol

Fair enough. His podcast of his show is 30 minutes total. Mostly traffic and weather...and scheduled guests. Sloan is fine...I like his local takes on what is going on.

So what's the take away from the Arizona situation at this point?

Seems from what I'm reading someone in Maricopa county may have been so anti Trump they rigged votes to go to Biden while allowing other Republicans to get the votes they deserved? If true, Republicans need to be banned and removed from office. Pro McCain forces are likely tied to such a tactic if it proves to be true and accurate.

McConnell arguing with the Dimwit Anti-vaxxers is priceless. Good grief they are dumb.
I was just listening too in the car. Agreed the people calling in don’t sound well informed. But then if the topic was wearing masks outdoors I’m sure we would hear from a lot of uninformed and irrational liberal types. So it goes both ways.

I was just listening too in the car. Agreed the people calling in don’t sound well informed. But then if the topic was wearing masks outdoors I’m sure we would hear from a lot of uninformed and irrational liberal types. So it goes both ways.
Correct. See slappy..

Besides, talk shows screen callers to get the type they want on the air.

Reactions: y2h
Correct. See slappy..

He was trying to get some one to argue against the million dollar lottery....instead they argue about communism and the plandemic video with the real truth they saw on facebook. "Many people are dying from the shots"

He was trying to get some one to argue against the million dollar lottery....instead they argue about communism and the plandemic video with the real truth they saw on facebook. "Many people are dying from the shots"
Yea, you would never fall for anything you see on Facebook would you? Lol.

I am sure they are screening to get that type on the air. It is entertainment after all. It's got you all fired up. See how it works?

But the mask...how are you going to handle this?

Suit Up Dragons Den GIF by CBC

Fair enough. His podcast of his show is 30 minutes total. Mostly traffic and weather...and scheduled guests. Sloan is fine...I like his local takes on what is going on.
Oh you are preaching to the choir about air time. It's much better use of your time to listen to the podcast. I just wonder when WLW changes their format and gets rid of at least some of the weather and traffic. Many newer cars have weather apps right on the dashboard, mapping systems that are better than a traffic guy spouting off for 2 minutes twice an hour. It's incredible how much downtime they have. And the morning show is ridiculous. McConnell is being wasted in the morning slot. He's best interacting with callers, much better than Sloan or Willie.

Correct. See slappy..

I"ve called in a few times and never been denied. I think you have to look at the audience. Many on the left do not listen to talk radio, that's factual with listernship studies. The right tends to listen to facts and make decisions, not always the correct ones, but they tend to look at the rules and laws closely. The left do not listen, want to make change to fit their narrative and really don't pay attention to things.

Now WLW has had some "staged" callers. I remember 10-15 years ago when Mike was on the morning show some homosexual guy was a regular caller and he and Mike would go back and forth on just about every topic. Of course he was always in between jobs, complained about everything and wanted handouts all the time. I wish I could remember that guys name. I think he was a restaurant waiter. I think "sensable" Don was a real person, he drove bus in Cincinnati for years. Some guy named Too Sweet used to call. There was some crazy lady that called Mike all the time too.

Where did you get this from? I hope you didn't simply compare covid deaths to a typical year of ESTIMATED flu deaths as that would be wrong. The fact is that covid & flu deaths are measured completely differently. And when you add in the FACT that there is a financial & political incentive to maximize covid deaths (with no such motivation for the flu) comparing the two numbers is foolish.

While it will be years before we can say for sure the following consensus appears to be forming among infectious disease scientists. The worst pandemic to hit the USA in the last 100 years remains the Spanish Flu. The deadliness of the current covid pandemic looks like it will be on the order of the Asian Flu in 1958 and the Hong Kong Flu in 1969.

This means it was bad but not unprecedented and lock downs were not justified.