(5-0) Fitch @ (4-1) Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be interesting to see how the Tigers come out after the huge win tonight. Will it be a “let down” type of game or will they use it as momentum and roll the rest of the regular season. I would have to think Fitch will bring more fans then Ed’s did so PBTS will be rocking again next Friday night.
🐅🐅🐅

Massillon 42 Fitch 21 I completely understand that austintown fitch is pretty good this year and I always have mad respect for them but I think at this point Massillon is way more battle tested I haven't really seen Fitch play somebody worthy right now

Massillon proved last night they’re up there with everyone. Tigers should win as long as last nights game didn’t take too much out of them. Fitch is very good so they’ll have to make sure they stay up for this game. Hard to do after a big win in a big game.

Speaking of players out are we ever going to get Jones back? That will really bolster our lines. Ditto Lennix Jr. though I know he is nursing an ankle and no need to rush.

Massillon 42 Fitch 21 I completely understand that austintown fitch is pretty good this year and I always have mad respect for them but I think at this point Massillon is way more battle tested I haven't really seen Fitch play somebody worthy right now
I have the same concern. I think Ursuline is really good, but the Falcons gave up a ton of yards to them. I think both teams will be ready for this one.

Just hoping Coach prepares them mentally this week. Fitch is a he!! of a team and could spank our azzes if we show any type of letdown after the St. Ed's game. Good luck Tigers in preparation this week.
That's the key really, I'm not worried about bumps and bruises, I'm more concerned with the possibility of over inflated ego's....then getting punched in the mouth.

It does if you don’t fall into any of the exemptions the OHSAA has, you can play the first 5 games but then have to sit out the rest of the season.
Learn something new on Yappi every day. It didn't dawn on me that he was a transfer in. But what are the exemptions? I see kids transfer to other schools all the time and play right away. How can it be any different for this kid?

Lenix Jr. Was dressed yesterday too in fact he received a penalty without even playing for yelling at the ref on the sideline.

Saw that. Didn't look like much but don't know what was said. But since you mention it, if not the HC, then we need to designate the meanest coach on the staff to literally climb up someone's *** and dress them down in front of everyone for those types of penalties. I graduated in the early 80's and that's how our staff rolled then but I guess things are different today.

Saw that. Didn't look like much but don't know what was said. But since you mention it, if not the HC, then we need to designate the meanest coach on the staff to literally climb up someone's *** and dress them down in front of everyone for those types of penalties. I graduated in the early 80's and that's how our staff rolled then but I guess things are different today.
If a kid has that type (selfish) of PF, you tell him not to do it again....if he does it again....you sit him on the bench for an entire game. If it's a "star player," so be it, but that would send a message to the rest of the team.

Lenix got sent to the locker room with a coach after the penalty and was in street clothes on the sidelines after.

If a kid has that type (selfish) of PF, you tell him not to do it again....if he does it again....you sit him on the bench for an entire game. If it's a "star player," so be it, but that would send a message to the rest of the team.

Yeah maybe but that's a tough call. Some are so key. I do know they HATE to be embarrassed though almost more than anything. After that though yeah - hit the showers. And see you on the practice field tomorrow morning.

Anyhoo, back to Fitch game. They are rolling. At Fitch I'd probably call it a pickem. Glad it's at home this year. Go Tigers!

Yeah maybe but that's a tough call. Some are so key. I do know they HATE to be embarrassed though almost more than anything. After that though yeah - hit the showers. And see you on the practice field tomorrow morning.
Well wouldn't THAT be embarrassing?

"Hey, why isn't Little Johnny Stevens playing today?"

"Oh, he couldn't keep his mouth shut, cost us 15 yards and the game, thats all."

In today's woke world I must add the disclaimer that "Little Johnny Stevens" in a made up character for this example. If there is a "Little Johnny Stevens" out there this is NOT in reference to him.

Last edited:
Learn something new on Yappi every day. It didn't dawn on me that he was a transfer in. But what are the exemptions? I see kids transfer to other schools all the time and play right away. How can it be any different for this kid?
If they don't transfer in under all the rules, that player can play the first 5 games, but then will have sit the last 5 games, and the playoffs.

If they don't transfer in under all the rules, that player can play the first 5 games, but then will have sit the last 5 games, and the playoffs.
Good point. However, McKinley had a player that transferred at the beginning of the year. The OHSAA approved his exemption, this week. He is allowed to play for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.