22-23 NWOAL Title Holder Predictions

What NWOAL Team is most likely to win at least a share of the 22-23 title?

• Archbold

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Bryan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delta

• Evergreen

• Liberty-Center

• Patrick Henry

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Swanton

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Wauseon

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Archbold is dangerous. The outcome was not a big surprise to me. Looking at PH scores, they seem to be struggling a bit coming down the stretch.
Congrats to Wauseon for taking the title outright. I have to admit that I didn't see that coming.
The league should be similar next year with a lot of balance and a lot of solid returning players making it competitive every night.

It's never too late to peak. Streaks with two impressive wins in a row.
I'd love to see multiple teams compete at the district level and possibly beyond.

It's never too late to peak. Streaks with two impressive wins in a row.
I'd love to see multiple teams compete at the district level and possibly beyond.

Down year for Archbold and they are likely to advance to the district tournament. Not too bad.

Down year for Archbold and they are likely to advance to the district tournament. Not too bad.
And bringing everyone back next year. Patrick Henry brings back most of their team, Liberty Center will bring back 7 of the 10 players they rotate including 4 starters. Wauseon loses a few pieces but returns a good junior class. Evergreen also has a good junior class.
I know Delta loses most of their starters and Swanton loses quite a bit as well. I don't have much insight on Bryan's roster.

4 teams at the District Level
Swanton vs Wayne Trace - This seems to be a near toss up with WT a slight favorite
PH vs Ayersville - I'm going to say PH by 6-10 with PH having the best chance to get to the regionals out of the league schools.
Wauseon vs Rossford - Rossford would be a heavy favorite in my mind despite the previous outcome.
Archbold vs Emmanuel Christian - EC is a large favorite but Streaks are playing well.
Good luck to all the league schools!!

Swanton vs Wayne Trace - This seems to be a near toss up with WT a slight favorite
PH vs Ayersville - I'm going to say PH by 6-10 with PH having the best chance to get to the regionals out of the league schools.
Wauseon vs Rossford - Rossford would be a heavy favorite in my mind despite the previous outcome.
Archbold vs Emmanuel Christian - EC is a large favorite but Streaks are playing well.

Wauseon matches up well with Rossford. If they get a 6 or 8 point lead - game over. They will hold the ball to force Rossford out of the zone.

Vorst staying on the floor probably determines the outcome.

I am excited to the see the EC vs Archbold match up.
This will be a contrast of styles...EC likes to play in the 70's and 80's...Archbold would rather play in the 40's and 50's.

If Archbold can control the tempo of the game and handle the pressure of EC they could pull the upset...if not...this will be just like EC/Evg on Friday night.

WT by 10
PH by 5
Wauseon by 10...Indians have a real shot at the Regionals.
EC by 15-20...unless Streaks can handle the pressure.

Wauseon couldn’t take advantage of Rossford’s slow start. Hines did a great job of defending Vorst again, but Rossford’s size on defense gave the Indians problems. Almost a reverse of the first game, with Rossford forcing Wauseon to extend their defense in the 2nd half and getting layups as a result.

I didn't realize how big Rossford was at nearly every position let alone 6'10 in the middle.
It sounded like Wauseon missed some good looks early on. Rossford surprisingly slowed it down when they got the lead and Wauseon was forced to trap. Rossford sounded like they handled the pressure very well.
It was a tough end to a very good and for me a little unexpected season from Wauseon. 16 wins and a league title playing a tough schedule was not expected.
I had Wauseon picked at 4th in the league just ahead of LC and behind Swanton, PH, and Archbold.
Congrats to the Indians and good luck to the Patriots!! I hope that they can carry the league torch for a while.

No predictions for this year but LC is getting a pretty late start on the season with most of our players coming straight from football…sounds like they’ll get a week of practice in before first game. An extended football season has made it tough to build a basketball program. I am excited for LC’s future though…some great talent in the middle school!