22-23 NWOAL Title Holder Predictions

What NWOAL Team is most likely to win at least a share of the 22-23 title?

• Archbold

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Bryan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delta

• Evergreen

• Liberty-Center

• Patrick Henry

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Swanton

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Wauseon

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going into this season, many correctly expected a very competitive league. Having only 1 league member with a losing record is impressive.

Overall records with tournament draws happening tomorrow:

Patrick Henry 16-3
Delta 15-3
Swanton 14-4
Wauseon 12-7
Liberty Center 10-8
Archbold 10-9
Evergreen 9-8
Bryan 4-15
Well...how soon until Bryan joins the BBC? Just kidding...lol

Evergreen 48 Holgate 34
Delta 62 Otsego 49
Swanton 60 Toledo Christian 57
Liberty Center 60 Lake 51

I haven't had time to catch as many games as in the past. Does the league have anyone with a remote chance of making it to the Regionals this year?

I haven't had time to catch as many games as in the past. Does the league have anyone with a remote chance of making it to the Regionals this year?

Seems like PH ought to have a shot in D4? I could see Wauseon getting to the District Final in D2, but can't see them beating Central Catholic. Haven't looked at D3, but Swanton probably isn't getting out of the Toledo-area district with Emmanuel and Stritch.

Seems like PH ought to have a shot in D4? I could see Wauseon getting to the District Final in D2, but can't see them beating Central Catholic. Haven't looked at D3, but Swanton probably isn't getting out of the Toledo-area district with Emmanuel and Stritch.
Stritch is actually in the Norwalk district this year

Drove over to Archbold last night to watch Napoleon and Archbold.

This is not a knock on the kids but that has to be the least talented Archbold team I have ever seen. They really struggle on the offensive end, I was very surprised. Isn't one of Napoleon's better teams either but they have a few pieces in place.

PH should be able to get a win next Friday night.

Am I right in saying their is only a couple seniors on Archbold's team that plays? Could be better next year with a good returning group with experience

The league now has wins over the champions of the BBC, BVC, GMC and NBC.
Ironically enough, Bryan was a contributor for 2 of these wins.
BBC Champ: Stryker lost to Bryan and Delta
BVC Champ: Liberty Benton lost to Liberty Center
GMC Champ: Paulding lost to Bryan and Liberty Center
NBC Champ: Rossford or Genoa-both lost to Wauseon

If Swanton beats Stritch there is a very unlikely scenario where we could add the TAAC to the list.
I know PH plays a few Putnam County League teams but couldn't tell you who their champ is or will be.
Anyone else that I missed?

Friday Final League games:
2-4 Evergreen @ 2-4 Swanton
3-3 Delta @ 3-3 Liberty Center
0-6 Bryan @ 5-1 Wauseon
5-1 Patrick Henry @ 3-3 Archbold

Thinking home teams win all 4
Hmm, I think they are capable of putting together a good game and keeping it close but I think that is a tall task for Archbold to take down a healthy PH team. Archbold is 2-7 over the last month while playing a tough schedule but I don't think they have enough.
17-4 Delta @ 13-8 LC is interesting. They are now #4 and #5 in the rankings but Delta has played the easiest schedule in the district and LC has played probably the second hardest schedule. Should be a good one leading into the tournament.

Hmm, I think they are capable of putting together a good game and keeping it close but I think that is a tall task for Archbold to take down a healthy PH team. Archbold is 2-7 over the last month while playing a tough schedule but I don't think they have enough.
17-4 Delta @ 13-8 LC is interesting. They are now #4 and #5 in the rankings but Delta has played the easiest schedule in the district and LC has played probably the second hardest schedule. Should be a good one leading into the tournament.

LC best scorer out for year though, correct? Torn ACL I heard

Final League Standings:

Wauseon 6-1
Patrick Henry 5-2
Liberty Center 4-3
Archbold 4-3
Swanton 4-3
Delta 3-4
Evergreen 2-5
Bryan 0-7

Last edited:
Archbold upset last night hands the NWOAL crown to Wauseon. P.H. fans were hoping to win against the Bluestreaks and share the title but it was not meant to be. It didn't help their cause when their starting point guard, Landon Johnson injury in practice this week and wasn't able to play.

Archbold upset last night hands the NWOAL crown to Wauseon. P.H. fans were hoping to win against the Bluestreaks and share the title but it was not meant to be. It didn't help their cause when their starting point guard, Landon Johnson injury in practice this week and wasn't able to play.
Losing the point guard makes a little more sense for this game's outcome...that was definitely a head-scratcher as I have watched both teams once and thought PH would breeze through this one even though it was at the Dome.