2024 Steubenville Big Red

2023 Playoff points for current teams in R11.

1. Watterson - 30.55
2. Big Red - 28.87
3. Sheridan - 26.95
4. Hartley - 26.37
5. Granville - 25.10
6. Jackson - 24.49
7. Bloom Carroll - 23.94
8. Tri- Valley - 23.10
9. Hamilton Township - 21.20
10. Licking Valley - 18.14
11. Dover - 15.64
12. Independence - 15.20
13. John Glen - 14.20
14. New Phila - 13.00
15. Buckeye Valley 11.35
16. Carrollton 11.20

It should be a very competitive region.
That's a damn good region.

3.5- 4 hour drive from Cincinnati on Week 1 on a Friday night. McNicholas will probably have 3-4 buses of parents and adults. Not many students are going to (or be permitted to) make that trip on their own. I grew up in the Pittsburgh area and my wife is from Midland so I’ve driven that route many times.
McNick will travel well. Always do. Hopefully Steubenville plays a cleaner game than they did in their last game they played last year vs Alter. Was at the game.... was embarrassed for their Coach, program and school.

The best was lil saccoccia throwing the ball at the ref's face..cause he was pissed at all his teamates not blocking and straight up quitting.Not even George Kellas could of "blue collared" that one.lol

Last edited:
If you know the exact play then there most be something more than gently giving the ball to the ref.He chucked it at him.Horrible night.
I know the play, and he did not throw the ball off his face. I agree that he flipped it too hard in that situation, and it was a horrible game, but claiming he threw the ball off his face is a lie.
ball off chest -.jpg

Heard grumblings Wiggins isn’t playing football any longer.
I recently saw a photo on Twitter of Wiggins with the football team. The Smith kid that wrestles was also in the photo, so perhaps the caption should have read Big Red athletes rather than football players. Or maybe they're both on the football team.

That game is over. We lost. It happens.

That season is over. Our 20th State Semifinal appearance.

Those seniors are graduating.

Time to move on to the 2024 season. Hope springs eternal!!

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

Not sure why we don’t host a 7 on 7 tourney. It would bring money into the town and the program. Here in Florida I’ve been to a few and I was impressed with the quality of the competition and attendance.

Last edited: