2024 Steubenville Big Red

Question
Is the transfer from WP rumor or is he at SHS
He's there now.
Receivers- last year big, tall, overall great production. Do they have much coming back.
They lose Hill, Felton and Sewell. IMO, Wiggins, Scurry, Saccoccia, Faulks, Haney (Haney is too good not to play some WR/DB), Christian, Wright, and Simon are some guys that will get an opportunity.
Crosier experienced enough to be a play maker right from the get?
Again, IMO, Crosier will take over for Mullins on D and share carries with Minnifield and Bryant on offense.
O and D line are they solid.
O-Line is pretty big; Hoffman, Burgey, Cooper, Bise, Palmer, and Kelley are probably front runners. D-LIne has West and Kelley coming back, but it will be difficult to replace Hill, Harper, and Gorby. Swift, Lynch, Hudson, and Gordon might be some names to watch.

*Just making conversation. There are plenty of kids that could rise up the depth chart this summer.

CB numbers released. Looks like Big Red moves up to D3. Their first opponent Archbishop McNicholas also moved from D4 to D3.

Again, IMO, Crosier will take over for Mullins on D and share carries with Minnifield and Bryant on offense.
I’ve said it before, this sophomore class is going to have LEADERS stepping up. Like the 07’ sophomores. That class went 38-4 and had starters at key positions.

Love to see them move Crosier around on offense RB/HB/SB/TE just to good to keep at one position on O. Stretch that D. Make them worry about all positions.

On D I could see them using Crosier at diff positions at diff times of need/situations as well; DE stand up, any of the LB positions.

Like to see the RB’s have more involvement in the Passing game. “RUN BBC” Boogie, Bryant and Crosier. “ They run-run and they run-run”. “Lil East Coast Swing Offense” sets.

Should be a fun team to watch grow. RRR

He didn't play football last year focusing on hoops. Highly doubtful he'll return.
I was talking about the "backcourt". With those three guys, they'd be in the regionals. Hopefully his sister stays (7th grade); she'll be a four-year starter.

“They lose Hill, Felton and Sewell. IMO, Wiggins, Scurry, Saccoccia, Faulks, Haney (Haney is too good not to play some WR/DB), Christian, Wright, and Simon are some guys that will get an opportunity.”

Heard grumblings Wiggins isn’t playing football any longer.

No they were never supposed to play.
There was a contract in place starting in 2023. Was supposed to be home/home but something fell through and never happened. Canfield wanted different terms than BR. So it got scrapped at last second. It was on Arbiter and everything

There was a contract in place starting in 2023. Was supposed to be home/home but something fell through and never happened. Canfield wanted different terms than BR. So it got scrapped at last second. It was on Arbiter and everything
I never saw it on Canfield's arbiter page, could have very well been on Steubenville's but I never look at any other teams pages very often. But I know that Steubenville and Canfield both were probably seeking different things in terms of a contract. Canfield may have only been seeking a 1 year contract to play at Canfield or a 3 year possibly.

I never saw it on Canfield's arbiter page, could have very well been on Steubenville's but I never look at any other teams pages very often. But I know that Steubenville and Canfield both were probably seeking different things in terms of a contract. Canfield may have only been seeking a 1 year contract to play at Canfield or a 3 year possibly.
Both teams still have week 8 open right?

He's the most talented ball spinner Big Red has had since his brother. Also, with him and Haney in the backcourt, Big Red might return to the regionals in basketball.

With Davis back, I'm wondering if there's any chance Taylor could change his mind and stay home to play with those guys in his final year.
Pardon my ignorance to the transfer rules, but will he be eligible for the entire season? I would imagine that he wouldn't have left Park if he could only play half a season.

Both teams still have week 8 open right?
Yes but the most likely outcome is Canfield either takes the Bye or schedules a Senate League school that is also open week 8. The chance of Steubenville getting a home and home with Canfield is less than 1%.

Yes but the most likely outcome is Canfield either takes the Bye or schedules a Senate League school that is also open week 8. The chance of Steubenville getting a home and home with Canfield is less than 1%.
How come? I think right now they’d be very competitive games. Both are now D3.

How come? I think right now they’d be very competitive games. Both are now D3.
Canfield isn't looking to schedule someone like Massillon, Fitch, a Federal League team, et al.... Canfield would much rather play a Senate League team or take a bye.

08/23 At West Branch
08/30 At Mansfield
09/06 At Olmsted Falls
09/13 Vs Poland Seminary
09/20 At Chaney
09/27 At Dover
10/04 Vs Louisville
10/11 BYE
10/18 At Warren Howland
10/25 Vs Boardman

The only game they have that is a sure win is Howland as it stands. It is a pretty solid schedule you must admit.

Canfield isn't looking to schedule someone like Massillon, Fitch, a Federal League team, et al.... Canfield would much rather play a Senate League team or take a bye.

08/23 At West Branch
08/30 At Mansfield
09/06 At Olmsted Falls
09/13 Vs Poland Seminary
09/20 At Chaney
09/27 At Dover
10/04 Vs Louisville
10/11 BYE
10/18 At Warren Howland
10/25 Vs Boardman

The only game they have that is a sure win is Howland as it stands. It is a pretty solid schedule you must admit.
A very solid schedule, especially for a D4 team, although I'd put Louisville and Boardman in the sure-win category.