2024 Massillon Tigers

I think if anyone can overcome adversary and win it all 16-0 it'll be us
I think there are a couple of things at work with Massillon, StEds, and Hoban to name a few powerhouse teams when it comes to scheduling. Number 1 being an independent doesn't lock you into 6 or 7 league games. Also with an expanded playoff allowing I think the top 16 per region if you drop a game or 2 or 3 you still will be in the playoff so the losses won't hurt you per say. Also, when you win a lot and are always one of the best teams in the state a lot of schools don't want to play you. There are a lot of schools in the past that played Massillon, StEds and Hoban that do not play them anymore. Why, my guess is they don't want to get crushed. That is my guess. Only the schools know for sure why they won't play them. I'm sure Massillon, Eds and Hoban have reached out to many different schools.

I think there are a couple of things at work with Massillon, StEds, and Hoban to name a few powerhouse teams when it comes to scheduling. Number 1 being an independent doesn't lock you into 6 or 7 league games. Also with an expanded playoff allowing I think the top 16 per region if you drop a game or 2 or 3 you still will be in the playoff so the losses won't hurt you per say. Also, when you win a lot and are always one of the best teams in the state a lot of schools don't want to play you. There are a lot of schools in the past that played Massillon, StEds and Hoban that do not play them anymore. Why, my guess is they don't want to get crushed. That is my guess. Only the schools know for sure why they won't play them. I'm sure Massillon, Eds and Hoban have reached out to many different schools.
well said.. that's been my guess, sometimes you're a victim of your own success?

Last edited:
I wish teams like Hudson, Medina, Wadsworth, or Columbus schools would play us. I think the OHSAA should encourage in region play by giving you extra computer points, win or lose, if you play someone in your region.

I wish teams like Hudson, Medina, Wadsworth, or Columbus schools would play us. I think the OHSAA should encourage in region play by giving you extra computer points, win or lose, if you play someone in your region.

It’s not about computer points. They’ve already made it easy to make the playoffs. Even if everyone qualified wouldn’t change much.

We may have bitten off a little too much with this bunch. Bergen is a legit powerhouse.
How about the Kansas city chiefs.
What the heck are you boys thinking!
Will we have enough players left for mckinley?
I love the direction our program is going, but we are not IMG....

Don't underestimate yourselves. Coach Moore built the football programs at Minster & Cincinnati La Salle to compete not only in the MAC & GCL, but with the entire state. Obviously, Massillon's program didn't need to be "built," but he's dedicated to enhancing your tradition. Now that you guys have a state (playoff) title, he's trying to take the next step. A big part of that is that now, even more programs are going to dodge you, so you're even more forced to look beyond.

If I were y'all, I'd be excited. Matter fact, forget that... I'm excited for y'all! It's not about scheduling teams that you know you can beat. It's about teaching young men & women that in this world, you can be the best at whatever you do. Even before winning at Benson, Massillon never settled with their football, facilities, marching band, etc. Y'all always set the standard, so be happy that you have a coach that has not only paid his dues and ultimately succeeded, but one who is still dedicted to pushing the envelope. You're winning big games, sending numerous kids off with college scholarships, calling out big name programs nationwide, etc. I can't tell y'all how to think, but from where I stand, y'all are living a high school football fan's dream. As community, I urge y'all to embrace the challenges ahead.

Speaking of, @pup pounder you just said "we are not IMG." Don't be surprised if IMG ends up on your schedule.

I honestly hope we have a big name like img on the schedule
if you lose you don’t fall far in rank
Lose to a Fed team and your out of the top 300
Last season I think we had what it took to knock off a few big names
While we lost some good seniors we had some really great underclassmen on both sides of the ball that will be back next season
Plus I feel if Slaughters our starting QB we should do well, he clicks good with the WRs and has plenty of speed and arm could be a more balanced team
No matter what my money is on Massillon always

I would love to see our line play well enough that we can use a 3 WR and 2 RB look most of the time, only using an HB/TE about 20% of the time...Zimmerman did a nice job when he was in there but he'll be at DE this year full time and I don't see anyone else that fits right now.. If they do go to that I would just add an extra OL in the most of the time...If their job is going to be to block may as well have a bigger body in there. It will be interesting if Wood is really the OC what he comes up with, he'll have plenty to work with

Zimmerman is a stud. Super underrated. Slaughter really clicked with Carter and Toles. I’d love to see them use the size of Wells and Jackson too this year.

Zimmerman is a stud. Super underrated. Slaughter really clicked with Carter and Toles. I’d love to see them use the size of Wells and Jackson too this year.

As was Card. Agreed, will need a big year from him. Who do you think will be that 3rd amigo next to Wright? Garner? Interior defense is key vs. those supersized private o-lines.

Ervin and Carter
I can't find much on Carter ecxept he's on the roster, how big is he? skill level? Maybe Maxwll Turner in the middle too, not sure of his size now since he took lasy year off.. It would be nice if they had the flexablity like last year have bigmike line up at various spots for sure...more I think about it, it makes too much sence

I can't find much on Carter ecxept he's on the roster, how big is he? skill level? Maybe Maxwll Turner in the middle too, not sure of his size now since he took lasy year off.. It would be nice if they had the flexablity like last year have bigmike line up at various spots for sure...more I think about it, it makes too much sence
6’2 300ish. Just depends on how they develop physically over the offseason

As was Card. Agreed, will need a big year from him. Who do you think will be that 3rd amigo next to Wright? Garner? Interior defense is key vs. those supersized private o-lines.
Honestly surprised Card didn’t pick up some small offers.