2024 Massillon Tigers

Two things on Lenix: I get that the family is originally from the Cleveland area but the kid has been here since 7th grade lol he’s a tiger. Also, Massillon absolutely wins without him as he was hurt the majority of the year with injuries.

Love the kid and hope he has an injury free senior year
Hope EVERY kid has an injury free year. That kid can fly; he’ll have a BIG senior season.

Two things on Lenix: I get that the family is originally from the Cleveland area but the kid has been here since 7th grade lol he’s a tiger. Also, Massillon absolutely wins without him as he was hurt the majority of the year with injuries.

To be clear, I don’t want us to play you guys because I see it as an easy game. I think it’s a game between two of the 7-8 overall programs and two of the top 3-4 publics in the state and would be a great game and public interest would be high. Just setting that straight, I know like your fellow Tigers some of my fellow Tarblooders can get crazy 😂😂😂

Pringle also missed the previous 4 playoff games and we did not miss a beat. Of course the 3 mentioned had an impact but so did the entire team. You take any 3 starters off Hoban that would have an impact too what's up w/ that logic? Tired of public schools having to defend every single transfer when TCC, Ed, Hobans of the world assemble aau teams fr with twice the talent. We had the better TEAM not talent, period.

Pringle also missed the previous 4 playoff games and we did not miss a beat. Of course the 3 mentioned had an impact but so did the entire team. You take any 3 starters off Hoban that would have an impact too what's up w/ that logic? Tired of public schools having to defend every single transfer when TCC, Ed, Hobans of the world assemble aau teams fr with twice the talent. We had the better TEAM not talent, period.
No lies told, Massillon had the better team that night and made the plays to win. Like all games, both teams made mistakes, and the Tigers capitalized. And yes it’s very exhausting having to defend transfers and grown ups on the internet questioning the decisions made by families as if it’s their business. I never would have imagined the addresses of kids would be for public consumption.

Don’t disagree, program building is huge and I feel Moore has don’t a GREAT job at that. But without Owens, Pringle, and Lenix I don’t believe they’re 2023 D2 state champs.

You keep saying how it's nobody's business but the families that move their kids, but you keep with these kind of comments. I really can't get you back by saying so e thing similar about Glenville because, I mean....D4.

You keep saying how it's nobody's business but the families that move their kids, but you keep with these kind of comments. I really can't get you back by saying so e thing similar about Glenville because, I mean....D4.
It’s nobody’s business where kids live and why families select a specific school for their kid. I don’t believe Massillon would have won state without a few kids that transferred into the district just like I don’t feel like Glenville would have beat Avon or won state in 2022 without a few kids that transferred into the district. Kids transferring to a school for an extracurricular doesn’t bother me but I also acknowledge said kids often contribute heavily to athletic success. Do you disagree? “ I really can't get you back by saying so e thing similar about Glenville because, I mean....D4.” What does this even mean, in a figurative sense not literally. Why would you want to and how could you possibly “get me back”? You mean D4, ok I mean D2, what does it matter or even mean? D4 with Power 5 coaches coming to the school damn near daily. UT has CB going in the first round in a few months, Tarblooders and Rockets produce studs. I root for the kids, all kids.

Let me guess, you were at the meeting when Ginn told the parents of the prospective players how Nate Moore is afraid of him, right? You're like the 8th person on here to be at that meeting.
No I wasn’t. My son was already in the school. If the game takes place it will be a great game. In the meantime here’s hoping they play JV this Fall, that would be a GREAT game as well, IMO it would be Varsity level.

Let me guess, you were at the meeting when Ginn told the parents of the prospective players how Nate Moore is afraid of him, right? You're like the 8th person on here to be at that meeting.
And if you took offense you clearly received the wrong context. From what I know Ted was telling parents the level of competition he would schedule to supplement the weak league schedule. Ginn has always played tough non league teams and he was telling parents Massillon would be a really tough non-league opponent. If you were told different I would say someone was chest puffing. Massillon was mentioned along with Avon, Hoban, Warren Central (who we had a previous series with), St. V, Ed’s, IMG, TCC, etc. strictly in the context of non-league opponents across the 4 years the Ginn Elite kids would be at Glenville. Some of those teams the schedules lined up some haven’t (yet!) in the case of Ed’s we scrimmaged them in the last scrimmage and we played you guys on the Fr. and JV levels. That’s it that’s all, it was strictly about tough opponents which you guys are.

Seriously I am not getting that from his posts, as far as anybody ducking anybody. I think he's a good and fair poster. I also think and hope we will eventually be on each other's schedule.

As good as Glenville has been recently (pretty good obviously) they have built a national ranked youth league and they are only going to get even better. I can see them wanting and promoting the type of schedule they are talking about.

If I were them I would not even submit my CB paperwork and just go D3. As long as they don't have to sit. Not sure how any of that works but no way D4 can compete, nor will they anytime in the foreseeable future.

Seriously I am not getting that from his posts, as far as anybody ducking anybody. I think he's a good and fair poster. I also think and hope we will eventually be on each other's schedule.

As good as Glenville has been recently (pretty good obviously) they have built a national ranked youth league and they are only going to get even better. I can see them wanting and promoting the type of schedule they are talking about.

If I were them I would not even submit my CB paperwork and just go D3. As long as they don't have to sit. Not sure how any of that works but no way D4 can compete, nor will they anytime in the foreseeable future.
Not for a co-sign but appreciate it. And I will say second nationally ranked youth program, lol.

I agree to a point, always with the backhanded compliment though.

"We just wish moore would simply give Ted a yes."

This is the kind of crap that goof all state kicker was promoting too.

I agree to a point, always with the backhanded compliment though.

"We just wish moore would simply give Ted a yes."

This is the kind of crap that goof all state kicker was promoting too.
Man. WTF, how is that a backhanded compliment? I genuinely and honestly wish we could have played last season or this season. There’s nothing to promote other than wanting my son to play against the best competition he can play against. You sensitive to Massillon football and I get why but I’m not one to be like that with. It’s a sincere compliment that I want my son to play against Massillon because I see you guys in the same light as Avon, Hoban, etc,

Man. WTF, how is that a backhanded compliment? I genuinely and honestly wish we could have played last season or this season. There’s nothing to promote other than wanting my son to play against the best competition he can play against. You sensitive to Massillon football and I get why but I’m not one to be like that with. It’s a sincere compliment that I want my son to play against Massillon because I see you guys in the same light as Avon, Hoban, etc,
I think the wording made it seem like Glenville keeps asking for Massillon and Moore says no

I think the wording made it seem like Glenville keeps asking for Massillon and Moore says no
I’ll rephrase. I wish the two schedules aligned to allow Glenville and Massillon to hook up for a Friday Night Lights game @Paul Brown. Spring 2023 we were advised we were able to drop from 7 Senate league games to 5 and Ted casted a very wide (somewhat late) net to add two more very high level non-league games. Massillon was on the list and you guys couldn’t accommodate due to all ten weeks being full for Varsity but the availability was there for the two lower level games and we played there. End of story, no backhanded compliments, no “Massillon ducked us” none of that.

Not for a co-sign but appreciate it. And I will say second nationally ranked youth program, lol.
Bottom line is I agree Massillon and Glenville should definitely be playing it each other every year. I think the only thing that is stopping the matchup from happening is no offense to the glenville community but they're not going to bring that big of a fan base for that high level of an anticipated matchup unless the game would be played on a Saturday night which could draw in fans from different districts and maybe some fans from around the state.

Bottom line is I agree Massillon and Glenville should definitely be playing it each other every year. I think the only thing that is stopping the matchup from happening is no offense to the glenville community but they're not going to bring that big of a fan base for that high level of an anticipated matchup unless the game would be played on a Saturday night which could draw in fans from different districts and maybe some fans from around the state.
No offense taken. It reminds me of boxing, a really good and talented fighter can’t get a fight because his PPV numbers aren’t that high. But this is a little different because your school district really relies on those funds from Friday night and that’s understandable. My question is does playing a team from Delaware, DC, etc. bring a bigger crowd than playing us? And I definitely know what you mean, but these days the Glenville following is a little bigger and more expanded due to the success of Ginn Elite. Maybe it’s just me but I think the public (non Glenville and non Massillon) interest would be VERY high in this matchup. Our game against Hoban was standing room only, obviously a much smaller venue but folks with zero connection to either team showed up.

If it is at Massillon then the increased gate from Massillon fans I think would more than make up for anything lacking from the visitor's gate. It would be a game of high interest for Massillon fans and non-affiliated fans. With that I think we have said about as much as we can about this potential future matchup. Back to regular programing.

Last edited:
I’ll rephrase. I wish the two schedules aligned to allow Glenville and Massillon to hook up for a Friday Night Lights game @Paul Brown. Spring 2023 we were advised we were able to drop from 7 Senate league games to 5 and Ted casted a very wide (somewhat late) net to add two more very high level non-league games. Massillon was on the list and you guys couldn’t accommodate due to all ten weeks being full for Varsity but the availability was there for the two lower level games and we played there. End of story, no backhanded compliments, no “Massillon ducked us” none of that.
Can't take it back now you said and kept defending it so sorry it is backhanded

No offense taken. It reminds me of boxing, a really good and talented fighter can’t get a fight because his PPV numbers aren’t that high. But this is a little different because your school district really relies on those funds from Friday night and that’s understandable. My question is does playing a team from Delaware, DC, etc. bring a bigger crowd than playing us? And I definitely know what you mean, but these days the Glenville following is a little bigger and more expanded due to the success of Ginn Elite. Maybe it’s just me but I think the public (non Glenville and non Massillon) interest would be VERY high in this matchup. Our game against Hoban was standing room only, obviously a much smaller venue but folks with zero connection to either team showed up.
You definitely make a very great point I don't know if the crowd would be bigger playing a out-of-state team versus playing glenville but I think it's the point system because that team that we played from Delaware I believe was the equivalent of a D1 or D2 school in Ohio

If it is at Massillon then the increased gate from Massillon fans I think would more than make up for anything lacking from the visitor's gate. It would be a game of high interest for Massillon fans and non-affiliated fans. With that I think we have said about as much as we can about this potential future matchup. Back to regular programing.
Agreed lol. Its way further from a reality than most think

You definitely make a very great point I don't know if the crowd would be bigger playing a out-of-state team versus playing glenville but I think it's the point system because that team that we played from Delaware I believe was the equivalent of a D1 or D2 school in Ohio
Division doesn't matter nearly as much as wins.

Does anyone know when we will have a full schedule. T.I.G
I would think by late spring we'll know.. My guess is Moore is carefully constructing a schedulle that is competitive as he can with what's out there. It's something we're going to have to get used to until we join the Federal League 🤣 It's rough when a Div2 team like Austintown that we've played for years backs out I would imagine like we've talked about on here, it's going to be a combination of D1, private and OOS teams maybe even one open date? I like what they did the one year, let our JV's play on a friday against someone, maybe a canadian team.. Personally I hate the open date thing but if we keep playing as many games as we do these days it might not be the end of the world late in the season.. i dunno I trust Moore will do what makes sense for the Tigers, he's doing pretty well so far

Dating myself here but I remember 6 or 7 game schedule was published in the program for the next year. Sure would be nice if we could get that back.