2024 Massillon Tigers

who do you think the front runner is front runner for the other DE spot? maybe garner? not being a local i don’t know who was getting reps on the jv or freshman teams

Sure did, it was a really fun game with a great crowd. I really like the direction of our basketball program. Coach Hose is really building a quality program. We only lose one player who plays a lot this year. The youth participation is up. We’re all hoping to break that streak. C ya next year with Slaughter, Knight, Keyes and Manson all as seniors.

Sure did, it was a really fun game with a great crowd. I really like the direction of our basketball program. Coach Hose is really building a quality program. We only lose one player who plays a lot this year. The youth participation is up. We’re all hoping to break that streak. C ya next year with Slaughter, Knight, Keyes and Manson all as seniors.
Would be cool if he would emphasize free throw shooting. Been to a few games and they have been awful at that in every game and were again last night.

Would be cool if he would emphasize free throw shooting. Been to a few games and they have been awful at that in every game and were again last night.
They've been awful at free throw shooting since Hose took the job. Lose a game by 4 and they go 8 of 22 from the free throw line. Shot too many threes and all they wanna do is run and gun. Time for Hose to go.

The games I watched and heard was the case as well last night they give up easy buckets by not getting back on defense and when they try to run press they leave guys wide open for outlet passes. Just don’t do the little things well that a team with no height needs to be great at.

The games I watched and heard was the case as well last night they give up easy buckets by not getting back on defense and when they try to run press they leave guys wide open for outlet passes. Just don’t do the little things well that a team with no height needs to be great at.
So you didn’t watch the game? The team has zero height and has over achieved all season. Other than the Perry loss, they’ve won every game they should have plus others.

Massillon was an awful free throw shooting team under Creamer. A bad team under Taylor and an embarrassment under Cruz. I go to every game you have no idea what you’re talking about.

So you didn’t watch the game? The team has zero height and has over achieved all season. Other than the Perry loss, they’ve won every game they should have plus others.

Massillon was an awful free throw shooting team under Creamer. A bad team under Taylor and an embarrassment under Cruz. I go to every game you have no idea what you’re talking about.
The numbers speak for themselves regarding last night…I wasn’t there as I’m out of town for the week but had someone who was there sending updates. They gave up 22 points in the third quarter to ONE player.

It’s like you didn’t even read my post. lol just saw something slightly critical and had to attack and say I can’t have an opinion

Last edited:
1707359561820.jpeg

Yep seems like I don’t know what I’m talking about…sloppy play and not getting back on defense resulting in easy buckets and can’t make free throws. Facts are facts.

I agree about the height but size has nothing to do with FT shooting and hustle. Time for a change.

If you don't have height in High school basketball you 100% better be fundamentally sound. Look at the best teams in the state, everyone of them plays great defense, makes foul shots, and most of all hustle their azzes off. Sounds like Massillon is missing all 3.

Question since we're on the subject. Is there any website, social media account, etc that has our basketball schedule/results/roster?

If you don't have height in High school basketball you 100% better be fundamentally sound. Look at the best teams in the state, everyone of them plays great defense, makes foul shots, and most of all hustle their azzes off. Sounds like Massillon is missing all 3.
I have seen a few of our games, and, based on what I saw, the Tigers do hustle their tails off. Now, the foul shooting is a different beast. Also, McKinley is NOT a great team in terms of shooting from distance. Yet, we played man to man the entire game. If a team can't shoot it from the outside, maybe try a zone defense? I understand that zone is not "sexy", but if it gives you a better chance to win, why wouldn't you at least give it a shot? Plus, a zone helps you on the boards just by design.

I have seen a few of our games, and, based on what I saw, the Tigers do hustle their tails off. Now, the foul shooting is a different beast. Also, McKinley is NOT a great team in terms of shooting from distance. Yet, we played man to man the entire game. If a team can't shoot it from the outside, maybe try a zone defense? I understand that zone is not "sexy", but if it gives you a better chance to win, why wouldn't you at least give it a shot? Plus, a zone helps you on the boards just by design.
The two games that I went to this year, Massillon hustled on offense, fast break after fast break, where I failed to see the hustle was getting back on D. They had 2, sometimes 3 kids busting down the floor to play D and 2, sometimes 3 just jogging back. In the Warren game Warren had to have scored 95% of their points within 2 feet of the basket.

The team’s 11-6. I think most of the kids play their tails off and has over achieved for the most part.

We haven’t had to opportunity to see a team with a solid senior core in years. The last team we would have had with a lot of returning senior talent would have been the 20-21 squad that Coach Hose beat Jackson with when they were juniors. Ballard and Wilson-Lamp didn’t end up playing their senior seasons due to being early enrollees in college for football. I didn’t get to attend any games that season due to the pandemic.

I think Massillon is one of the most difficult basketball jobs in the state to succeed at.
1. You gets everyone’s best game due to the success of the football team.
2. Nearly all the best athletes in the school focus on football and are consistently making long playoff runs and coming to basketball banged up like Slaughter is this year.
3. Many times our best athletes choose to not play basketball for their sophomore and juniors seasons so they can put on weight for football like Maverick Clark.
4. Many times the guy being counted on being the focal point of the team chooses not to play his senior year to focus on college football like Ardell Banks did last year or Ballard a few years before. This isn’t new, it happened in the past with other high profile football players.

The youth program is the envy of other communities right now. We have a program that’s improving every year. Our best players are all underclassmen.

Knight Jr
Thigpen Soph
Slaughter Jr
Manson Jr
Keyes Jr
Jackson Freshman
Williams Freshman
Gamble Freshman

The program is clearly headed in the right direction. It’s frustrating to hear a bunch of criticism from people who don’t attend games. Our last three previous coaches left the program worse than they found it. The last two were clearly not invested in this community. Coach Hose is all in and all Massillon.

The team’s 11-6. I think most of the kids play their tails off and has over achieved for the most part.

The program is clearly headed in the right direction. It’s frustrating to hear a bunch of criticism from people who don’t attend games. Our last three previous coaches left the program worse than they found it. The last two were clearly not invested in this community. Coach Hose is all in and all Massillon.
I agree 100% with the first sentence, the kids play hard and give it all they have.

As for the last paragraph, I disagree 100%.
Last nights game says it isn’t and the game against Perry absolutely says it’s not headed in the right direction.
All I hear is excuses each week when they lose a game, well this team had so many bigs, this game we turned the ball over too many times, that game we missed too many FT’s. Unfortunately at this point it’s probably too late and in 3 years we will be saying how all of this basketball talent was wasted and we wish we had a HC that could make it work here. Being invested in the community isn’t winning basketball games which is what the HC is responsible for. I would love for us to win 3-4 tournament games but I don’t think anyone will be shocked when we lose early in the tournament because we missed 12 FT’s and had 10 TO’s and didn’t play a defense to actually stop the opponent.

That’s fine, I also defended Nate Moore when people were ranting about The March to Moranto and Soft Serve Cupps. Bet they feel stupid now.

That’s fine, I also defended Nate Moore when people were ranting about The March to Moranto and Soft Serve Cupps. Bet they feel stupid now.
The difference is when you were defending Moore that was his 2nd year as HC. This is Hose’s 6th and there isn’t much improvement. If Moore lost that many mck games in a row he would have been out of here years ago. Why should the BB HC be any different.

I forgot about the Cupps thing, how did that go again? He was a DC or something if I remember and didn't last too long