2024 Elder Volleyball

I would imagine that this year will look similar to last. The varsity squad lost arguably the best defensive player to go through Elder, which is going to be a tough fill. On the positive note, the current Junior class already has a ton of experience in Varsity matches from last year. This will be a relatively 'young' team in Elder vball terms, so we will see how these young guys do.

Off the cuff thinking about the team last year and the JV squad from last year I foresee a lineup similar to:

OH - Tierney (Jr)
OH - Davis (Sr)
MH - Niemann (Sr)
MH - James (Jr)
S - Kelly (Sr)
Opp - ??
L - Murray? (Sr)

Pins - Brandt (Jr), Tucker (Jr), Lutz (Jr), Rapien (Jr), Mohs (Sr), Lanter (Jr), Jones? (Sr)
MH - Tucker (Jr), Spopnagule (Jr)
S - Bass (Sr), Long (Jr), B Kelly? (So)
DS - Brubaker (Jr), Wright (Jr)

Of course all listed above will not be on the final roster, but all will be fighting for a spot on the team.

Rosters are up on ehsports.com. Looks like the varsity squad took 15 again this year

Seniors
Bass, Davis, Kelly, Murray, Niemann

Juniors
Brandt, Brubaker, James, Lutz, Rapien, Sponaugle, Tierney, Timmerman, Tucker, Wright

Interesting to see that there are 10 juniors on the team. Should make for an interesting 2025 season next year.

Tuesday @ Beavercreek and last night vs Fenwick, all levels were victorious.

JVB @ Beavercreek - 25-4, 25-23
JVB vs Fenwick - 25-14, 25-20

JVA @ Beavercreek - 25-11, 25-16
JVA vs Fenwick - 25-16, 25-14

Varsity @ Beavercreek - 25-23, 25-18, 25-23
Varsity vs Fenwick- 25-23, 26-28, 25-23, 25-22

Big matchup on Friday, where Moeller comes to the Pit

I've seen new faces on the volleyball benches this year. Who are the head coaches and assistants for each of the teams this year ?

I've seen new faces on the volleyball benches this year. Who are the head coaches and assistants for each of the teams this year ?
Looks like there are 3 coaches on each level now, see below taken from ehsports.com
Elder_High_School_22072024_VB_2024_Roster_program.png

No one to blame. Collectively, this just isn't an exceptional group of volleyball players. Below average by Elder's high-talent standards.

Let's hope they find the right pieces and parts and are peaking come tournament time.

No one to blame. Collectively, this just isn't an exceptional group of volleyball players. Below average by Elder's high-talent standards.

Let's hope they find the right pieces and parts and are peaking come tournament time.
They're also young. Only 5 seniors on the team and only about 3 of them have been consistent starters this year; lots of juniors getting lots of experience. Almost all of their main offensive options are juniors. The next couple of weeks will be telling. Plenty of winnable games, but some tough competition.

JV's also currently 9-1 with their only loss coming in a tight 3 to St. X, so, assuming progression in the off-season, you could reasonably expect next year to be better.

I saw Elder play earlier in the season at home and thought that the middles would be the key to the team winning. I've not had a chance to see them play in a few weeks. How are the middles doing ?

Elder used to be a fixture in the State Title game and now you’ve got “fans” trying to justify losing to Lakota East? No. Enough. It’s fine if they’re bad, but that level of cope is nauseating.