2024 Elder Football

The bottom line is they haven’t won a title in 20 years. That doesn’t mean every season since ‘03 has been a failure, but Ramsey doesn’t have many years left to coach. My hope is Peyton can be his replacement and hopefully bring in more high level talent but we have no idea how good of a coach he’ll actually be. Ramsey does a lot without the same level of talent most of his competitors have.

TBH, they’re not winning a title anytime soon. It’s the same problem with JV & Frosh that you see every yr on Varsity, limited speed & skill talent. I don’t know how all of you can see them end the season the same way every yr and think there’s a brighter future. It’s not there.

And I’m not saying the Staff, Admin and Players don’t care about winning, they do. I just don’t know if it’s possible for them to win at a high level within the framework they operate. Every yr it is the same critical weakness and I know the staff sees it, but it seems like there’s nothing that can fix it.

The bottom line is they haven’t won a title in 20 years. That doesn’t mean every season since ‘03 has been a failure, but Ramsey doesn’t have many years left to coach. My hope is Peyton can be his replacement and hopefully bring in more high level talent but we have no idea how good of a coach he’ll actually be. Ramsey does a lot without the same level of talent most of his competitors have.

TBH, they’re not winning a title anytime soon. It’s the same problem with JV & Frosh that you see every yr on Varsity, limited speed & skill talent. I don’t know how all of you can see them end the season the same way every yr and think there’s a brighter future. It’s not there.
How many titles did they have prior to 2002 in the, at that time roughly 75 years of football? In the almost 100 year history of Elder Football, they've played in 4 State Championship Games.

These things are cyclical.
-Moeller had the following stretch during thr 2010s:
2015 - 5-5
2016 - 4-6
2017 - 4-7
2018 - 6-5
2019 - 2-8
2020 - 3-6
-St X had three strong seasons in a row from 2019 to 2021, but before and after that stretch:
2018 - 5-6
2022 - 5-7
2023 - 4-4 currently

Absolutely foolish to write off these younger teams already. And to be fair, everyone assumed this year's team wouldn't compete, yet they lost one score games to the top 2 ranked teams in the state in D1, albeit at home.

How many titles did they have prior to 2002 in the, at that time roughly 75 years of football? In the almost 100 year history of Elder Football, they've played in 4 State Championship Games.

These things are cyclical.
-Moeller had the following stretch during thr 2010s:
2015 - 5-5
2016 - 4-6
2017 - 4-7
2018 - 6-5
2019 - 2-8
2020 - 3-6
-St X had three strong seasons in a row from 2019 to 2021, but before and after that stretch:
2018 - 5-6
2022 - 5-7
2023 - 4-4 currently

Absolutely foolish to write off these younger teams already. And to be fair, everyone assumed this year's team wouldn't compete, yet they lost one score games to the top 2 ranked teams in the state in D1, albeit at home.
I didn’t assume that. I thought they had a team that could compete in a (down) R4. Last yr, they certainly overachieved but still fell to the same issue that will continue to plague them.

The younger teams still don’t have the DBs or Skill talent. WR might be ok, but it’s still a lot of possession/Slot, TE/WR hybrid types. No true X/Boundary WR. And they still don’t have a true RB. Fortunately Uran is already a quality Corner, don’t know if he stays there. After him, there’s nobody.

It really feels very bleak looking at the future.

Buddy, this isn’t something that should affect your life and mental capacity as much as it does. You probably view these kids as some sort of celebrities or something
No, not at all. I’m just a big Elder fan, so I want them to win. Not really complicated. It’s mind boggling to me how accepting of mediocrity so many fans are. Again, Football is a key identity of the school. What good is playing in the famous Pit if your program is mid? The whole “toughness” aspect is just a massive cope. Talent wins more games than toughness.

Last edited:
The staff needs to re-examine running the 3-4 as their Base D. They get zero pressure from their Ends and you don’t always have a giant NT to eat up blocks.

Also, they need to explore all options at RB. The current RBs work in certain situations, but if they try making them every down Backs, they’ll have the same issue next yr.

If Elder only wins one game the rest of the season it has to be LaSalle. At this point swaying those borderline eight graders in the enrollment war is more important than winning one or two playoff games. Am sure LaSalle feels the same way. Don’t lose this game. Forget the playoffs.

If Elder only wins one game the rest of the season it has to be LaSalle. At this point swaying those borderline eight graders in the enrollment war is more important than winning one or two playoff games. Am sure LaSalle feels the same way. Don’t lose this game. Forget the playoffs.
It’s important bc it’s a GCL game, but I have a hard time believing a game bw 2 middling teams will have that big of an impact.

Elder is done bc of the injuries. But don’t worry, they get the tough man trophy.

What are you talking about? Elder lost a starting OT week 1 that could have happened even if they were playing West Hi instead of PN. His replacement has filled in fine. Elder lost a CB. He was good player, but they have replacements. You are acting like they have lost 10 starters.

It's week 10 and the team is the same as the one that beat Lou X and Cin X minus one starting cornerback.

It's week 10 and the team is the same as the one that beat Lou X and Cin X minus one starting cocornerback.
That's not necessarily true either. They've got a couple different kids in the game, plus there are a few of the same kids that are in there, who appear to be playing different positions

You know what I mean.
They’re going to run into the same exact issue next yr, and the yr after and that yr after that. The JV doesn’t look terrible but they still only have Re has a playmaker. Uran is the only DB that plays at a good level for HS. Still no WR that can take top off a D, No bellcow RB, no Safeties.

If they play Princeton or West in the playoffs, they will expose the lack of speed and athleticism on the outside. It happens all the time, why do so many of you keep ignoring it?

They’re going to run into the same exact issue next yr, and the yr after and that yr after that. The JV doesn’t look terrible but they still only have Re has a playmaker. Uran is the only DB that plays at a good level for HS. Still no WR that can take top off a D, No bellcow RB, no Safeties.

If they play Princeton or West in the playoffs, they will expose the lack of speed and athleticism on the outside. It happens all the time, why do so many of you keep ignoring it?

I was just saying the team is not decimated. They are still mostly the same team that had Ed's beat and beat both Xs. I understand ADS point about some changes since then, but Priestle as far as I know is the only player they have lost for the season since those games. Some guys I'm sure are dealing with some injuries affecting them, but so are most teams after 9 weeks of games.

Why do you act like it's going to change?

Why do you act like it’s a significant change? Look at your class and the class below you, what did they do to get some of those kids at Elder?
Lol you mean 25 of 26 starters and specialties (11 offense, 11 defense, kicker, holder, longsnapper, punter) coming from traditional Westside feeder programs? They do way more outreach and legal recruiting now compared to what they did back then.

You've said yourself they're not going to go out and get football players or athletes. And anything marginally on the line, they're likely to shy away from. So why do you think things are suddenly going to change this year, next year or the year after in terms of their philosophy on recruiting?

Lol you mean 25 of 26 starters and specialties (11 offense, 11 defense, kicker, holder, longsnapper, punter) coming from traditional Westside feeder programs? They do way more outreach and legal recruiting now compared to what they did back then.

You've said yourself they're not going to go out and get football players or athletes. And anything marginally on the line, they're likely to shy away from. So why do you think things are suddenly going to change this year, next year or the year after in terms of their philosophy on recruiting?
They’ve tried difft things over the years, hopefully, one time it will hit. But until they can get a Corey Kiner or Spencer Ware, they will never get over the hump. The season will always be undone by lack of speed & athleticism on the edge.

And I’m still waiting on a good explanation as to how playing a brutal schedule helped this team. Bc from what I’ve seen in the last 2 real games, this is a beat up team without much left in the tank.

I understand Elder’s options are limited, but I refute the idea that this schedule is helpful instead of essentially their only choice.

And I’m still waiting on a good explanation as to how playing a brutal schedule helped this team. Bc from what I’ve seen in the last 2 real games, this is a beat up team without much left in the tank.

I understand Elder’s options are limited, but I refute the idea that this schedule is helpful instead of essentially their only choice.
And I am still waiting for you to come up with the perfect schedule that meets your requirements.

They’ve tried difft things over the years, hopefully, one time it will hit. But until they can get a Corey Kiner or Spencer Ware, they will never get over the hump. The season will always be undone by lack of speed & athleticism on the edge.

I think it would take a drastic decrease in competitiveness for Elder to change their athletic philosophy, or if you want to drill down to just football. I believe it would take an 0-10 type Colerain season for Elder to sit down and say we can't compete anymore status quo. Until then, I think it will be business as usual. That basically means they are taking what they get from their normal academic recruiting process which is targeting Catholic grade schools through open house, shadow visits, and whatever general marketing they do. There is not sport specific targeting of students, at least not until a kid shadows the school.

For the near future, I think they have enough talent in the freshman through junior classes where we will not see an 0-10 type season or consecutive 0-10/1-9 type seasons to cause any significant shift in how things are currently done.

So would you replace them or just leave it at 9 games with LCA? And that's your perfect schedule? They still played PN, Lou X and Chatard plus the GCL games. Surely that's too many tough opponents for you.
A weak opponent or a bye. Either way, as long as trashy Eds is off the schedule