2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

bball15133

The first domino in the 2024 coaching carousel has started today. Per their school website Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy is looking to hire a new head coach. This position was vacated by Scott Rooks midseason and interim coach Ross Sferra finished out the year.

Current Openings-------------------Previous Coach
CHCA ---------------------------------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim)

Filled:
none

Please feel free post any other confirmed openings here.

I would imagine CHCA won't base the next hire on a Coach possibly sending the kid to the school. Think they stick with the coach who was Interm?
Are we hearing who esle might want this? Could be a solid job?

I would imagine CHCA won't base the next hire on a Coach possibly sending the kid to the school. Think they stick with the coach who was Interm?
You would sure think so. Talent wise, they have been pretty strong recently for their respective division which I would think makes the job fairly attractive. But you do wonder if there are other things going on behind the scenes since most of the recent coaches have had fairly short tenures.

what is this about???

Ross is a Sycamore alum and was on Sycamore’s coaching staff for awhile, and he lives in the area (CHCA is about a mile from Sycamore HS). I think he would be a strong candidate.

Unless Colerain wants to be one-and-done with their guy, I can’t see any of the GMC jobs opening. I could see LaSalle opening. Maybe West Clermont?
Think Goedde has had his time? They open that up and maybe CJ Fleming having a little success in his first go as a head coach they go after him???

Per the OHSAA jobs portal, Talawanda is looking for a coach to replace Taylor Alstatt. I believe this will be something like 11 coaches in 14 years for Talawanda.

Talawanda-----------------------------Taylor Alstatt

Filled:
none

Per the OHSAA jobs portal, Talawanda is looking for a coach to replace Taylor Alstatt. I believe this will be something like 11 coaches in 14 years for Talawanda.

Filled:
none
Talawanda got rid of the current Preble Shawnee coach three years ago. As a Hamilton guy he more than likely would have stayed at Talawanda. At Shawnee, his teams have played in two consecutive regionals and just went to the D3 final four for the first time in the school's history.

Talawanda got rid of the current Preble Shawnee coach three years ago. As a Hamilton guy he more than likely would have stayed at Talawanda. At Shawnee, his teams have played in two consecutive regionals and just went to the D3 final four for the first time in the school's history.
Also helps to have some talent, especially playing in a lower division (D3). Sports are not a priority in Oxford like they used to be.

Per the OHSAA jobs portal, Lynchburg-Clay is looking for a coach to replace Brian Callahan

Lynchburg-Clay-----------------------Brian Callahan

Filled:
none

Mariemont could be next with the current head coach interviewing at Seton for the girls job. Sort of a head scrathcer with this one.

Think Goedde has had his time? They open that up and maybe CJ Fleming having a little success in his first go as a head coach they go after him???
I don’t think Goedde will ever quit on his own and I don’t think CJ Fleming currently interested in LaSalle job

I"'m hearing Rick Rockwell will be resigning soon from Maderia... We will see if it's true

His son is graduating this spring and there's probably not a lot in the pipeline right now that would persuade him to stay.

Not sure if he has any other kids but now seems like a good opportunity to move on.

Per the OHSAA jobs portal, Roger Bacon is looking for a coach to replace Grayson Rhodes.

CHCA -------------------------—----Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim)
Roger Bacon—————————-Grayson Rhodes

Filled:
none

Madeira is looking for a coach to replace Rick Rockwell. Thanks @Carl Rick for the assist.

CHCA -------------------------—------Scott Rooks/Ross Sferra (interim)
Roger Bacon--------------------------Grayson Rhodes
Madeira--------------------------------Rick Rockwell

Filled:
none

Unless Colerain wants to be one-and-done with their guy, I can’t see any of the GMC jobs opening. I could see LaSalle opening. Maybe West Clermont?
Vickers at West Clermont would be nuts to have suffered through the last two years only to quit now. Unless his roster gets raided he should have a pretty good group ready to win next year........but, with the way that athletic department is run nothing would surprise me.

Sounds like the Madeira job is attracting a few decent canidates.
Rooks (previous CHCA head coach)
Nick Argentati (Northwest Head coach) hear he is going after CHCA as well.
Brian Kellet (St Xavier Assistant) believe he was at Madeira as well at some point

Big decision is if they will make this hire before they hire a new A.D.

Sounds like the Madeira job is attracting a few decent canidates.
Rooks (previous CHCA head coach)
Nick Argentati (Northwest Head coach) hear he is going after CHCA as well.
Brian Kellet (St Xavier Assistant) believe he was at Madeira as well at some point

Big decision is if they will make this hire before they hire a new A.D.
Interesting pool of candidates there

Vickers at West Clermont would be nuts to have suffered through the last two years only to quit now. Unless his roster gets raided he should have a pretty good group ready to win next year........but, with the way that athletic department is run nothing would surprise me.

Please elaborate on how the athletic department is at West Clermont? A school of that size and really only has decent baseball to show. Is it bad hiring practices by the AD or just lack of talent?