2024 Boro Fan Almanac

Please tell me once where I used someone else’s opinion to rank someone. People email me suggestions and info all the time, it doesn’t mean I listen to them or rank them accordingly. Practically every dad thinks their kid should be #1.

I would think you have received some hatemail too. Maybe a stalker or two.lol

I appreciate that your son looked awesome btw zacdeem2323@gmail.com if anyone wants the video it tells the story 😆
I have never said a bad thing about your son nor would I. Nor would I condone someone suckered punching you. I respect someone standing up for their family and I don't have a Facebook account. Good luck to your son he already has an apparent strong work ethic.

I have never said a bad thing about your son nor would I. Nor would I condone someone suckered punching you. I respect someone standing up for their family and I don't have a Facebook account. Good luck to your son he already has an apparent strong work ethic.
Thanks I never thought you were. I knew what you were saying. I had a moment of weakness. I'll be the first to admit I've let ego or pride get in my way. Even as an adult I still have lessons to be learned.

You just sat down and he punched you in the face? I feel like there must have been some sort of conversation. I didn't even see any commotion or I would have come checked on you!
You just sat down and he punched you in the face? I feel like there must have been some sort of conversation. I didn't even see any commotion or I would have come checked on you!
Are you wondering how you missed that now? I was just sitting down watching some wraslin. Even shook the kids hand that dad punched me and told him I hoped he had a great tournament. I really do love this sport and hope things improve and we start catching back up to Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
I just finished reading Borofan's state predictions. Found them to be good reading as usual. Was a little surprised to see that he picked Wadsworth to finish 5th, ahead of Brecksville.

I just finished reading Borofan's state predictions. Found them to be good reading as usual. Was a little surprised to see that he picked Wadsworth to finish 5th, ahead of Brecksville.
Me too! A few Brecksville guys have tough draws and will wrestle guys they have previously lost to. Obviously, wrestlers flip losses all the time and Brecksville has a proven track record, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re up near 5th with 80-100pts.

I could have missed something or I may just be overlooking him, but is there any word on Antwain Adams? One of the more interesting guys I watched last year. Haven’t heard or seen much of him this year.

I could have missed something or I may just be overlooking him, but is there any word on Antwain Adams? One of the more interesting guys I watched last year. Haven’t heard or seen much of him this year.
Wapakoneta right?

Went to LCC i believe.
Lima Central Catholic

That is where I last saw him. Maybe top 5/10 in the state at 138-144 I want to say. Not seeing him in Almanac or any post season brackets, though. Is this because of the transfer?
If he transferred without moving then most likely. He'd have to sit out the second half of the regular season plus the tournament

For those criticizing Borofans predictions. Here are 2 random brackets from this coming weekend. These are from the almanac. He made these predictions prior to sectionals and without seeing potential matchups and bracket alignments.

11 of 32 projections correct.
12 of 32 within 1 place of projection.
4 of 32 within 2 places of projection.
That's 27 of 32 picks. Think about the number of wrestles among the 42 weight classes he does this for.

Mel Kiper Jr. gets paid millions of dollars to project NFL drafts and is usually wrong within the first 5 picks. Well done Boro.

D2 106
Projected Champion: Aiden Ohl (Ontario) Sophomore – NO1 (2nd)
2. Dominic Prosperi (Canton South) Sophomore – KE1 (2nd)
3. Landon Jenkins (Carrollton) Senior – GA1 (1st)
4. Jake Landis (Graham) Sophomore – WI1 (1st)
7. Marius Garcia (Bexley) Junior – NO2 (1st)
8. DJ Otero (Lutheran West) Sophomore – KE3 (3rd)
9. Bryden Spellacy (Padua Franciscan) Freshman – KE4 (5th)
11. Cody Carpenter (Girard) Senior – KE6 (4th)
12. Carter Stuckey (Wauseon) Sophomore – NO3 (3rd)
14. Konner Blaney (Marengo Highland) Junior – WI2 (2nd)
15. Karson Jenkins (Caledonia River Valley) Freshman – WI3 (3rd)
16. Heath Norris (Clyde) Freshman – NO5 (4th)
23. Cooper Buck (Benjamin Logan) Freshman – WI7 (4th)
27. Justuce Fisher (Beaver Local) Sophomore – GA3 (3rd)
38. Braiden McGinnis (Jackson) Sophomore – GA5 (4th)
Owen (Sheridan) Unranked (2nd)

D1 215

Projected Champion: Jonny Slaper (St. Edward) Senior – PB1 (1st)
2. Brady Quillin (Olentangy Liberty) Senior – HD1 (3rd)
3. Aidan Weimer (Springboro) Junior – KF1 (1st)
4. Alex Taylor (Mount Vernon) Sophomore – HD2 (1st)
5. Cole Dickerson (Lancaster) Senior – HD3 (2nd)
6. Wyatt Walker (Trenton Edgewood) Senior – KF2 (3rd)
7. Cayden Spotts (Ashland) Senior – PB2 (4th)
9. William Adkins (Moeller) Junior – KF4 (2nd)
10. Cody Fair (Massillon Washington) Senior – NCH1 (2nd)
11. Mike Millin (Massillon Perry) Junior – NCH2 (1st)
12. Charlie Mitchell (Dublin Coffman) Senior – HD4 (4th)
14. Marky Stankorb (Austintown Fitch) Senior – NCH3 (4th)
16. Ryan Zywiec (Medina Highland) Junior – PB3 (3rd)
23. Dominic May (Brunswick) Senior – NCH7 (3rd)
24. Cliff Nicholson (Medina) Sophomore – PB6 (2nd)
39. Ronnie Butler (Xenia) Junior – KF8 (4th)

If he transferred without moving then most likely. He'd have to sit out the second half of the regular season plus the tournament

I recently read the rules on moving and I've seen stuff posted in here in the past. I thought that I'd read in here before that you have to move over 50 miles away, but I didn't see that in the rules when I looked. The only mileage that i saw it talked about was that if you were going from public to private, you needed to move at least 15 miles from your current address, while public to public had no mileage associated - both instances just said that both parents had to move and it had to be legitimate.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

I ate it so I could stay and watch the last matches he will probably ever wrestle in high school.I was hit twice before I knew I was in a fight I was sitting down the whole time. He had two free shots and didn't do much with it. Anybody wants the video I can only email it since it was sent as a mp4 sucked being put in a position where if I defended myself I would have not been there for my boy after that loss in the semis.
this is insane! sorry it all ended that way

I recently read the rules on moving and I've seen stuff posted in here in the past. I thought that I'd read in here before that you have to move over 50 miles away, but I didn't see that in the rules when I looked. The only mileage that i saw it talked about was that if you were going from public to private, you needed to move at least 15 miles from your current address, while public to public had no mileage associated - both instances just said that both parents had to move and it had to be legitimate.

Am I interpreting this correctly?
I think so. Physically from public district to public district wouldn't force an athlete to sit out at all. The mileage rule makes sense, so you can't just bounce between schools whenever you want without moving. I would assume the same is true for private to private transfers

Is Graham going to win team title? Looks like Buckeye has a lot of kids left in semis vs what SPG has left.
They both have 5 semi finalists, Graham has 3 in the blood round Buckeye has 0. Going to be a close one, Semifinal round will probably decide it. No Jacks or Hoke for Graham really hurts them.

As someone who has coached college football, high school football, and high school wrestling - you got robbed $2,500. Everything they did for you, you could do yourself. That entire industry is a scam. Now, if you got $2,500 to blow on whatever you want - have at it. But the value of NCSA, and any company like it, is absolute junk. No disrespect to you, it is your money do whatever you want with it! but these companies are predatory and really offer nothing, that is why I get fired up about it.
I agree with you 100% but time is money. I have learned that money really isn't that important to some people and they would rather pay someone to do something than spend their time on it.

Borofan, thank you for all the work you do to provide rankings we can discuss.

I have never complained as I believe you do a pretty good job and are quite diligent. Last year, my son was ranked #7 in the almanac and ended as a State Finalist. This year you had him as #2 and he ended as a State Champion.

Who knows? Your rankings may have inspired him. So in all cases, thank you. We enjoy the conversation your work. God bless Borofan!