2024 Boro Fan Almanac

No disrespect, but Dubstat had my kid at 40% to Qualify and 1% to Win Districts. He punched his ticket with a 2nd place finish. Statistic analysis out the window when it can’t see matchup styles.
I don’t think someone qualifying when statistical analysis gives them a 40% chance to do so is the indictment that you are implying.

Congrats, please tell your son congrats,

But more on to predicting it's a prediction, I started I like the statistical means of coming to predictions(conclusion) backed by numbers, the reason we all took math to learn how to calculate to come to an answer/conclusion

Instead of a subjective conclusion of saying I pick this kid this kid that kid because heard he was good or he goes to a certain school or a certain coach trains him etc. Boro doesn't even know half the kids so he rely in sources to give him their opinion and he uses that to form his opinion, I for sure know he didn't know who my kid was and had him ranked very low all year, I never complained but we punched our ticket as well and will be columbus

But more on to predicting it's a prediction, I started I like the statistical means of coming to predictions(conclusion) backed by numbers, the reason we all took math to learn how to calculate to come to an answer/conclusion

Instead of a subjective conclusion of saying I pick this kid this kid that kid because heard he was good or he goes to a certain school or a certain coach trains him etc. Boro doesn't even know half the kids so he rely in sources to give him their opinion and he uses that to form his opinion, I for sure know he didn't know who my kid was and had him ranked very low all year, I never complained but we punched our ticket as well and will be columbus
And dubstat did have him statistically qualifying and guess what we actually out place Dub as well but the statistics had him qualifying Boro had him 11th at his district

Please tell me once where I used someone else’s opinion to rank someone. People email me suggestions and info all the time, it doesn’t mean I listen to them or rank them accordingly. Practically every dad thinks their kid should be #1.

why do some people want to take all the fun out of some things ? I (we) are fortunate to have all these people who like to gather infomation about a small sport (that leads to a few scholarships) and present that information in different formats so we can form a guess on who might or might not win one of approx. 50 state tournaments. Thanks to everyone that make predictions on the sport of wrestling

Another mad dad... who would have guessed it?
Who mad my son to the tournament took 2nd @ districts and we been off mat for few years. Tell me where I said I was mad I specifically said I didn't care about rankings, go back and read my post tell me where I sound mad

Everytime he puts a high-school kids name on the internet and assigns a rank to that name he's asking for that parents input imo. The 2nd thing I will say is I actually respect borofans opinion that's why it upset me yes butthurt. 3rd I'm just not a fan of opinion based rankings in high-school period. My hope is that the elo data set can get so comprehensive that it does away with the need for any of our opinion of high-school wrestlers. I can see where all of you are coming from do you have the ability to see how someone's opinion of your kid isn't always easy to take especially when you have respect for that person.
We have always told our wrestlers not to get into reading these rankings or opinions. Yes, the rankings are open to opinions, nice and not so nice. The real issue is the mad dog types as deem that go crazy over the ranking of their kid as if it is a jail sentence. I do not like the kids names out there either but it is just opinions on all things wrestling. When people take it out of context is when it gets bad. I also value and respect his opinion but do not go crazy over anything. He does his best, but being human sometimes is off the mark. People can agree to disagree without being overly hostile to one another.

We have always told our wrestlers not to get into reading these rankings or opinions. Yes, the rankings are open to opinions, nice and not so nice. The real issue is the mad dog types as deem that go crazy over the ranking of their kid as if it is a jail sentence. I do not like the kids names out there either but it is just opinions on all things wrestling. When people take it out of context is when it gets bad. I also value and respect his opinion but do not go crazy over anything. He does his best, but being human sometimes is off the mark. People can agree to disagree without being overly hostile to one another.
I believe Boro Fan was right here and dubstat wrong but you were upset with Boro fan and exclaimed he was so off base but he ended up being right and you had to change your user name. Phew, it's hard to keep track. Congrats to all the boys who qualified.

I believe Boro Fan was right here and dubstat wrong but you were upset with Boro fan and exclaimed he was so off base but he ended up being right and you had to change your user name. Phew, it's hard to keep track. Congrats to all the boys who qualified.
Do you think if you got sucker punched in the stands in front of your son it might affect the way he performs in a already high pressure situation. How many takedowns were awarded then taken away by the same ref that screwed presley Stewart's eye balls out. Always more to the story but yappers are gonna yap. You can all be happy I got punched and he didn't make it still not gonna shut up. And for the record the screen name was for the Ahole that messaged me saying "fire up the BBQ he's going 2 and out" Zac deem is my name and I never felt the need to hide behind a screen name you guys sure don't bring the same energy on Facebook when talking about these kids when it's not so anonymous. Proud of my boy no matter what the fact that both kids wanted nothing to do with wrestling that finals match should tell you alot.

Do you think if you got sucker punched in the stands in front of your son it might affect the way he performs in a already high pressure situation. How many takedowns were awarded then taken away by the same ref that screwed presley Stewart's eye balls out. Always more to the story but yappers are gonna yap. You can all be happy I got punched and he didn't make it still not gonna shut up. And for the record the screen name was for the Ahole that messaged me saying "fire up the BBQ he's going 2 and out" Zac deem is my name and I never felt the need to hide behind a screen name you guys sure don't bring the same energy on Facebook when talking about these kids when it's not so anonymous. Proud of my boy no matter what the fact that both kids wanted nothing to do with wrestling that finals match should tell you alot.

Truly feel bad for your boy, but not wrestling that finals match may come up with college coaches. Way more important than any ranking.

Truly feel bad for your boy, but not wrestling that finals match may come up with college coaches. Way more important than any ranking.
Wrestling isn't the same I wouldn't be mad if he never suited up again I'm at peace with it.

Last edited:
I want to know more about this sucker punch? how did it come about? that kid wasn't even in our bracket. did you swing back? so many questions here.

I want to know more about this sucker punch? how did it come about? that kid wasn't even in our bracket. did you swing back? so many questions here.
I ate it so I could stay and watch the last matches he will probably ever wrestle in high school.I was hit twice before I knew I was in a fight I was sitting down the whole time. He had two free shots and didn't do much with it. Anybody wants the video I can only email it since it was sent as a mp4 sucked being put in a position where if I defended myself I would have not been there for my boy after that loss in the semis.

I ate it so I could stay and watch the last matches he will probably ever wrestle in high school.I was hit twice before I knew I was in a fight I was sitting down the whole time. He had two free shots and didn't do much with it. Anybody wants the video I can only email it since it was sent as a mp4 sucked being put in a position where if I defended myself I would have not been there for my boy after that loss in the semis.
Who hit you? Why did he hit you? Was he thrown out?

Please tell me once where I used someone else’s opinion to rank someone. People email me suggestions and info all the time, it doesn’t mean I listen to them or rank them accordingly. Practically every dad thinks their kid should be

I honestly can say you are a better man than me. I don't have the mental to be able to take a sucker punch in any setting but kudos to you to be able to think about your boy in a moment like that. I don't know you or your boy but hope this passes and he does lace me up again

I honestly can say you are a better man than me. I don't have the mental to be able to take a sucker punch in any setting but kudos to you to be able to think about your boy in a moment like that. I don't know you or your boy but hope this passes and he does lace me up again
Good luck to your son and all the young men who earned their way in! Honestly it was hard it kept me up Friday night asking myself why I let someone that close to my face and didn't do what I would always do. But after that blood round heart break if I wouldn't have been there for him I would have never forgave myself. If the price of admission was a sucker punch I would have paid it every meet.

This is the only user name I have ever had. What do you think I am upset over?

You just sat down and he punched you in the face? I feel like there must have been some sort of conversation. I didn't even see any commotion or I would have come checked on you!