2023 Volleyball Season

That is crazy talk. Seton and SUA are both loaded.
Why is this crazy talk? Start with this.. Last year they beat Magnificat and Bishop Watterson. Both teams in Division 1 Semis. Bishop Watterson was in D1 finals. Beat Gilmour Academy twice. Gilmour in Division 2 Finals. Won Division 3 running away. Return 6 of their top 7 players from last year. Have (3) Committed D1 players that I know of and so far this year have lost only 1 set. They are hammering teams and scores aren't even close all the while playing perhaps one of the toughest schedules in all of Ohio. I'm not taking anything away from some other schools you mention but at this point I just believe that Lake Catholic is the best team in Ohio. Perhaps time will tell but they have shown me nothing that says they aren't in consideration of the Top team regardless of Division.

Talk about a huge power shift in SWO

UA & MND have owned this part of the state since 2000 - 13 state championships between them & since 2007 (last year of stats on the league website), they only have had one losing season in the league each (separate seasons) with UA's league winning % - 83% and MND - 72%

In league play so far - MND is 0-2 & UA is 0-3. MND hasn't won a set and UA has won only 2

Talk about a huge power shift in SWO

UA & MND have owned this part of the state since 2000 - 13 state championships between them & since 2007 (last year of stats on the league website), they only have had one losing season in the league each (separate seasons) with UA's league winning % - 83% and MND - 72%

In league play so far - MND is 0-2 & UA is 0-3. MND hasn't won a set and UA has won only 2
Got a text yesterday that since 2007, at least one of the schools was 1 or 2 in the league and 10 of the 16 past seasons, the UA & MND combination sat in the first two spots in the league

Enrollment at UA is down bigtime and it has to being impacting the Volleyball team. I just don't see the talent in the younger grades especially if Grimes is not playing. Whereas MND has a lot of young talent. But at the end of the day Seton is setting up to make a serious run for a while. All of their grades are stacked with players from TSE.

Enrollment at UA is down bigtime and it has to being impacting the Volleyball team. I just don't see the talent in the younger grades especially if Grimes is not playing. Whereas MND has a lot of young talent. But at the end of the day Seton is setting up to make a serious run for a while. All of their grades are stacked with players from TSE.

Seton's enrollment continues to climb but only time will tell if they can sustain it for years to come as MND and UA have done.

After this current senior class graduates from MM, I see them falling back in volleyball.

In a battle of #1 teams in the state, Seton beat MM 3-0.

Each game was VERY close (25-23, 26-24, 25-22) and missed serves cost MM at least 1 game. The setter for MM is one of, if not the, best in the state.

I believe there are girls within the program that play @ other big clubs in the Tri-State area

Seton been crushing Non League Opponents! Kings still undefeated in League Play? Kings even been challenged in League Play? Had a few East siders tell me Anderson really Playing well the last 10 days or so. 3 weeks left in Regular season? Think I’m gonna have to attend a few Tournament Matches.

Kings still has Seton and Ursuline on their schedule. I doubt anyone in the ECC is really going to challenge Kings at this point. Anderson has been winning but they have been beating up on teams that Kings has beat as well. Not to forget Kings already beat Anderson 3-0 this season. I think Kings can beat Ursuline but have doubts they can beat Seton at this point. Right now Seton seems to be the team to beat in the Region.

Kings still has Seton and Ursuline on their schedule. I doubt anyone in the ECC is really going to challenge Kings at this point. Anderson has been winning but they have been beating up on teams that Kings has beat as well. Not to forget Kings already beat Anderson 3-0 this season. I think Kings can beat Ursuline but have doubts they can beat Seton at this point. Right now Seton seems to be the team to beat in the Region.
looks like it is shaking up that Seton (being the overall #1), Kings & SUA (if they can stay healthy as they just got one of their best players back last night) will be part of the regional finals.

The final spot will be up for grabs - who is it going to be?
- Centerville - they play Seton, MND & SUA down the stretch (could this could hurt their tourney rankings if they go 0-3)
- MND - they are improving immensely since the beginning of the season & are getting more confident by the match
- Turpin - still have to play Kings & already played Seton & SUA competitively
- Possibly Mason? Is that a stretch?

Think the other ECC & GMC schools are ok but haven't really played anyone outside of the league to be in the conversation. UA is just stinking it up in the GGCL but always have an outside shot to pull it together for a tourney run given their history and solid coaching

Last edited: