2023 TRC football

Milton 34, Bethel 0

Bethel had several turnovers. Milton had 3. Very sloppy game. Bethel had a couple of key injuries. Overall, MU played ok tonight. Congrats.

Riverside with the impressive win over East tonight. They remain in the drivers seat for the league title. Milton will have to beat Northridge next week and then travel to DeGraff to win it.

Riverside 7-1/5-0
Milton-Union 6-2/5-0
Lehman 5-3/3-2
Miami East 4-4/2-3
Northridge 3-5/2-3
Bethel 2-6/2-3
Troy Christ. 2-6/1-4
Covington 0-8/0-5

week 9:
Northridge @ Milton-Union. MU 42-21
Riverside @Covington. Riverside 54-0
Lehman @ Troy Christ. Lehman 38-14
Miami East @ Bethel. Miami East 28-0

It’s crazy to me that Riverside will face the top teams of the league with their backup QB. Stepped in for 3 quarters against Lehman, then first start against ME, Covington next, but then Milton week 10. Quite a few tough games to get your first varsity starts. Thankful they have Covington this week, good week for the Pirates to try and get healthy and ready for week 10.

could Milton actually win this league after everything this year? the collapse vs Oakwood looks bad right now.

could Milton actually win this league after everything this year? the collapse vs Oakwood looks bad right now.
There wasn’t a collapse against Oakwood. Oakwood beat them 35-14.

I think it says more about how strong the SWBL is particularly on the Buckeye side.
The top 4 teams are 28 and 4.

It also might say how weak the TRC as a whole.

Things change from year to year. This year I think the SWBL is a little stronger than usual and the TRC is down. IMO.

I think it says more about how strong the SWBL is particularly on the Buckeye side.

Things change from year to year. This year I think the SWBL is a little stronger than usual and the TRC is down. IMO.
I agree with most of your points here. The one area I disagree with is that Milton team Oakwood saw early is not the same group having now played eight varsity games. With the small team and inexperience, the result of the early game with Oakwood is about exactly what I expected. So I agree it was not a collapse as much as playing out the way most expected it would.

I would also factor in that the SWBL Buckeye is a III, a IV, and 5 Vs while the TRC is 2 IVs, 2 Vs, a VI, and 3 VIIs. The TRC might be weak, or they might just be weaker than the bigger SWBL.

It’s crazy to me that Riverside will face the top teams of the league with their backup QB. Stepped in for 3 quarters against Lehman, then first start against ME, Covington next, but then Milton week 10. Quite a few tough games to get your first varsity starts. Thankful they have Covington this week, good week for the Pirates to try and get healthy and ready for week 10.
That backup would probably have started at all the other schools except for Lehman and possibly Bethel. Not your typical backup.

Jack bragging about his D3 beating a rebuilding D5. 😂😂. Seems to m we that Milton might give you a better fight if the game were to be played this week. Riverside still wins this league. Respect for W Milton, though.

I agree with most of your points here. The one area I disagree with is that Milton team Oakwood saw early is not the same group having now played eight varsity games. With the small team and inexperience, the result of the early game with Oakwood is about exactly what I expected. So I agree it was not a collapse as much as playing out the way most expected it would.
I understand where you are coming from, but I think you assume Oakwood has an experienced team.
Just one example this season is our receivers: freshmen, freshmen, sophomore and junior. Only the junior has had some experience playing varsity. He spot started some games as a receiver last year with about 8 catches.
I hate bringing it up because it sounds like an excuse and you see it all the time being posted on here, but it is what it is.

I think, and I could be wrong, that most programs really struggle from year to year with numbers. It seams like 40-45 kids +/- is where a lot of teams sit at this level. I don’t see those #’s changing for most programs any time soon. The only schools that have big numbers even if they are smaller schools are the successful ones. Like a VV.

I have felt this for awhile, the numbers excuse and the inexperience excuse can be used for most programs. Believe me it applies to Oakwood every year and doesn’t matter and I don’t like using it because I think most teams we play have similar issues.
I think the only time a school like Oakwood will have any success is if they have a class or back to back classes that are talented and have numbers. Oakwood has 8 seniors and 1 is the kicker. It is what it is.

If the original post said something like….Milton Union is a solid team that has been improving all year, could they win the league?? I would have not responded. Once the comparison between the leagues was made and the shot at Oakwood was made, I responded with want I thought.

Even for argument sake someone wanted to say MU is better than Oakwood, I don’t think MU would have any more success in the SWBL than Oakwood has this year. I have seen all of the top 4 teams on the Buckeye side and MU play. I don’t think MU could beat any of those teams and the fact is MU couldn’t beat the 5th place team on the Buckeye side.

I just think the SWBL is a little up and the TRC is a little down. I’m sure next year will be different. Just my opinion.

Jack bragging about his D3 beating a rebuilding D5. 😂😂. Seems to m we that Milton might give you a better fight if the game were to be played this week. Riverside still wins this league. Respect for W Milton, though.
Can’t argue with stupid… you are right.

I expect a better post from you than this…what’s your beef with Milton? Dude, most years Oakwood vs MU is a good game. Last year, Milton housed the Jacks. Year before, it was an upset by the Jacks. This rivalry has been ongoing since I was in HS and before. Just relax.
In the grand scheme, Milton holds the series record over Oakwood. Best of luck.

I expect a better post from you than this…what’s your beef with Milton? Dude, most years Oakwood vs MU is a good game. Last year, Milton housed the Jacks. Year before, it was an upset by the Jacks. This rivalry has been ongoing since I was in HS and before. Just relax.
In the grand scheme, Milton holds the series record over Oakwood. Best of luck.
Honestly it had nothing to do with Milton. I totally respect Milton.
The original post calls out Oakwood saying that Milton just “collapsed”. I believe Oakwood was the better team this year.
If Milton or any other team the post mentioned said it was a collapse and I believe it to be true I would have agreed, but I stand by what I believe. Oakwood is the better team this year. Oakwood is no world beater by any stretch and I’m not trying to sell Oakwood as some amazing team.
If you read one of my following posts on here, you will get some of my perspective.

I’m all relaxed about it, so you don’t need to worry. Being a life long Oakwood fan I would have gone crazy many many years ago if it really upset me.
Best of luck to all the teams these last few games!
Go Jacks!

I think Oakwood has an improved team this season. Outside of the loss to Mariemont, I think they've won every game they should. Their offense is competitive in most games they've played.

I agree that Oakwood and MU have been a great matchup over the years. Some years the Dogs are the superior team, some years the Jacks are the better team.

Honestly it had nothing to do with Milton. I totally respect Milton.
The original post calls out Oakwood saying that Milton just “collapsed”. I believe Oakwood was the better team this year.
If Milton or any other team the post mentioned said it was a collapse and I believe it to be true I would have agreed, but I stand by what I believe. Oakwood is the better team this year. Oakwood is no world beater by any stretch and I’m not trying to sell Oakwood as some amazing team.
If you read one of my following posts on here, you will get some of my perspective.

I’m all relaxed about it, so you don’t need to worry. Being a life long Oakwood fan I would have gone crazy many many years ago if it really upset me.
Best of luck to all the teams these last few games!
Go Jacks!
Hey Jack, who is number 7 for the Lumber Jacks? OLB

He didn't do much against Eaton, but the kid looks like he could line up in D1 right now.

Hey Jack, who is number 7 for the Lumber Jacks? OLB

He didn't do much against Eaton, but the kid looks like he could line up in D1 right now.
He is the first guy off the bus every game!!
Definitely D1 build.
Carter Stack. 6’5” 240 and put together!! Great kid!!! He is injured and we hope to get him back by the last game. He qualified for state in wrestling last year. When he decides to turn it on he can pretty much man handle any kid. Just a nice kid who is in a real large man’s body.

I have respect for Oakwood. Many good memories of those old Milton-Oakwood games in the late 70s and early 80s. Always very classy fans.
Best of luck, Jack.

He is the first guy off the bus every game!!
Definitely D1 build.
Carter Stack. 6’5” 240 and put together!! Great kid!!! He is injured and we hope to get him back by the last game. He qualified for state in wrestling last year. When he decides to turn it on he can pretty much man handle any kid. Just a nice kid who is in a real large man’s body.
When I first noticed him, I was like there is no way that dude is a teenager. Lol

Only toss up game this week is East & Bethel. Both in my opinion are balanced. Weather could force it to who has the better run game. Rain or not I believe the game could go either way.

Other three games should be locks regardless of weather.
I think East has an edge. Bethel seemed to self destruct vs. MU. East hung in there until the end.