2023 SWBL BASKETBALL

Exactly when it happened. Huge play that was wide open. I know fouls are going to happen but when they are calling the silly fouls and not the ones down low that should hurts.
You can’t blame the refs. Refs have bad days too you just wish it wasn’t during tournament games. Waynesville just didn’t hit enough shots. Credit Tri Village’s. defense.

One kid hit the rim
Not illegal unless the ball is on or within the basket. If it is, the violation is for basket interference, not goal tending.
and the other appeared to hit the ball after it hit the glass.
Perfectly legal as long as the ball has not begun it's downward flight and is not within the basket cylinder.

However, none of what you allege came even close to happening. If any defender touched anything it was the backboard...... and even that's not illegal in this situation.

Last edited:
Not illegal unless the ball is on or within the basket. If it is, the violation is for basket interference, not goal tending.

Perfectly legal as long as the ball has not begun it's downward flight and is not within the basket cylinder.

However, none of what you allege came even close to happening. If any defender touched anything it was the backboard...... and even that's not illegal in this situation.
I will have to disagree until I watch the video.

Yesterday you were sure the officials cost your team the game..... Today, you'll have to wait til you watch the video.

Somehow, I'm not surprised :ROFLMAO:
Sorry that’s what appeared to happen from my angle. I could be wrong. Maybe the kid just slapped the back board. Either way there was a lot of contact.

And I didn’t blame the refs. I just said they had a poor day. I blamed Waynesville lack of shot making for the loss.

When is it illegal for the defender to touch the backboard?

When is it illegal for the defender to touch the backboard?
- When they place a hand on the board (or the ring) to gain an advantage
- When they intentionally strike or slap the backboard (contacting the backboard on a legitimate attempt to block a shot is not deemed intentional) or cause the ring to vibrtate while a try is in flight, is touching the backboard, or is in the basket.

If either of the above occur...... the penalty is a technical foul assessed to the player who made contact. A goal can never be awarded in this situation no matter how much the ring vibrates and/or if it prevents the ball from going through the basket.

- When they place a hand on the board (or the ring) to gain an advantage
- When they intentionally strike or slap the backboard (contacting the backboard on a legitimate attempt to block a shot is not deemed intentional) or cause the ring to vibrtate while a try is in flight, is touching the backboard, or is in the basket.

If either of the above occur...... the penalty is a technical foul assessed to the player who made contact. A goal can never be awarded in this situation no matter how much the ring vibrates and/or if it prevents the ball from going through the basket.
Thank you for explaining that.

Brookville vs Miami East tomorrow, this could be a really good one. Who win? Tough to choose, I will go with Miami East.
Brookville is 10-1 in their last 11 games and they seem to be playing good basketball. Miami East will have the best player on the court and a ton of experience on their team. I'm going with Miami East in a close one.

Kenton Ridge 76
Oakwood 71

Luke Rubin did all he could with 33. Jacks fall, what a great season - this team exceeded every possible expectation.

Kenton Ridge 76
Oakwood 71

Luke Rubin did all he could with 33. Jacks fall, what a great season - this team exceeded every possible expectation.
Gotta give Oakwood credit definitely exceeded expectations. But Oakwood is a prime example of how poor the computer metric system is. You’re telling me that’s the 2 seed in SWO and they don’t even make a district final. Again give Oakwood props new coach, no one expected a thing. But your 2 seed doesn’t even make it out of sectionals

Waynesville represented the league very well in tourney play if I do say so myself. Upset blow out win vs West Lib after many questioned why they would jump on them. Then went toe for toe with the 1 seed losing by 2 points. Many on here predicted TV to “kill” the Spartans not knowing much about the Spartans. Waynesville is coached very well for having little talent (compared to teams like TV). Waynesville will be back in sectional titles in the years to come

Gotta give Oakwood credit definitely exceeded expectations. But Oakwood is a prime example of how poor the computer metric system is. You’re telling me that’s the 2 seed in SWO and they don’t even make a district final. Again give Oakwood props new coach, no one expected a thing. But your 2 seed doesn’t even make it out of sectionals
I have been a RPI for seeding hater since day 1, but saying it is bad because the 2 seed didn't make districts isn't an argument. Last year the coaches voted and Summit Country Day, Madeira, Cincinnati Christian and Cedarville were all 1 or 2 seeds that didn't make districts.

Waynesville represented the league very well in tourney play if I do say so myself. Upset blow out win vs West Lib after many questioned why they would jump on them. Then went toe for toe with the 1 seed losing by 2 points. Many on here predicted TV to “kill” the Spartans not knowing much about the Spartans. Waynesville is coached very well for having little talent (compared to teams like TV). Waynesville will be back in sectional titles in the years to come
Waynesville with an impressive run - they gave TV everything they could handle plus some! Great game and season!

Kenton Ridge 76
Oakwood 71

Kenton Ridge has a great team this year and Oakwood definitely turned some heads this season in a good way! Congratulations to OHS on a great season!

Nothing against Waynesville but one win is not a "impressive" run. By that assessment, then Valley View had an impressive run by winning one game.
Dominating as an underdog and out playing a #1 is a good run.

Though I will be the first to admit TV should not have been the #1

If you want to get worked up on some verbiage, that is okay. Simply stating that WV had a nice few games in the tournament. Call it what you want...
Definitely not worked up, just thought the wording was off. Waynesville had a nice win and competed well after the first quarter against TV

June is right around the corner for high school bball. Curious to see how everyone is doing in shootouts and what they have coming in. Early diagnostics are some teams have lost a lot to graduation. I'll list some stuff below, please add to thread with any thoughts or info for us all. League changes as well.

EAST -

BELLBROOK- Lost Labensky, Driskel, Lees, to graduation. Bring back Webb 15.5 PPG, Solomon 10.5 PPG, Schoy 7.3 PPG should be a contender for east.

MONROE- Lost a big senior class most of their scoring. Taylor, Fetrow, Fults, Evans, Salyer, Snelling. Might be a very long year for them.

FRANKLIN- Williams, Everrett, gone to graduation. Cook 21.9 Murphy 4.3 are back, Cook needs help or another long year for Wildcats.

EDGEWOOD- Lost top 3 scorers from last year. Top returners are Ballantyne 5.1 Barry 4.7. Not much here to compete this year. Plus levy troubles.

ROSS- Lost Reid, and Fulmer. Bring back Voegele 11.4, Nunn 10.3, Caldwell 8.0. Early on think it's between them and Bellbrook. Levy troubles as well.

WEST-

CARLISLE- Lost Smith 2 time POY, Bring back 3, 1st team players Lawson 15.3, Rowe 9.7, Taylor 6.0. Also have Mortgenson Kid coming up will play as a freshman. Think they have to be favorite again but have a huge target on their back.

BROOKVILLE- Brings back a lot this year almost everyone. Will be in the mix this year. Wood 15.3, King 9.8, Fisher 9.7, Crabtree 6.7.

EATON- Lost some seniors Miller, Janney, and Miller. Bring back Ahmed 16.4, Bach 5.7. Ramy Ahmed needs help to compete they under achieved last year.

MADISON- Lost some seniors, But bring a good group of Juniors and seniors to the table. They will make some noise and be in mix as well.

OAKWOOD- Lost Coach and Maxwell. Think they will be in some trouble this year. Bremner 8.2, Jacomet 7.0, Rubin 3.0 are returners.

WAYNESVILLE- Elliott, Hatmaker, Sizer, Christenson, all gone. Warren 9.7 returns. Long year maybe for Spartans.

VALLEY VIEW- Lost Bromagen, Stidham, Gibbs. Bring back Valenti 9.7 Henson 9.0. Deny kid will be a freshman this year. He will make them better but they are 2 years away from winning conference.
Looking to 2024 Waynesville lost some strong players.Should be a growing year for The Ville. Sessler will be a force this season. Ready to start talking about basketball already

Looking to 2024 Waynesville lost some strong players.Should be a growing year for The Ville. Sessler will be a force this season. Ready to start talking about basketball already
Yeah I miss it as well. Carlisle Brings back starting 5 so they are inn a good spot for up coming season. Lawson and Rowe will be Seniors. I have heard most are playin AAU this year as well.

Blake Lawson- Midwest Basketball Cub
Justice Taylor- Team Greatness
Kolby Morgenson- All Heart
Drew Conger - Plays But don't know the team name.
Brendon Rowe- Plays baseball