Unless you are using a different equation I get:
Denny
280 pts this year
65 FTs made
215 pts off FGs
238 FGA this year
.90 pts per shot.

I assume .9 would be a less attractive number to you
Different calculation, similar result. No matter how you calculate it the results will be similar:
JP - 1.2
Greer - 1.2
Perry - 1.1
Rubin - 1
Denny - .9
Lawson - .8

The best player in Dayton averages 1.2pps by your calculation and Denny averages .9pps being guarded by two or three kids. I am not sure how anyone could not be excited for his future

Different calculation, similar result. No matter how you calculate it the results will be similar:
JP - 1.2
Greer - 1.2
Perry - 1.1
Rubin - 1
Denny - .9
Lawson - .8

The best player in Dayton averages 1.2pps by your calculation and Denny averages .9pps being guarded by two or three kids. I am not sure how anyone could not be excited for his future
.9 is 75% of 1.2.
I can find many kids who fall between .9 and 1.2 just in the SWBL.

Volume shooting doesn’t impress me.

Cook looks good where he’s at bc Franklin runs all plays through him. In AAU he’s just “ok”’but nothing special Franklin makes him look good bc they give him opportunity after opportunity. Franklin runs everything though him and is the reason he succeeds.
Watch the Franklin vs Waynesville game. Look at his sets

.9 is 75% of 1.2.

Look through Denny's individual game stats, if you aren't excited about watching this freshman play/develop, there is no stat discussion that will change your mind.

Kai Cook led Franklin last night with 31 points as the Cats beat Eaton 50-45. 2 Big games this week ,both on the road Tues. at Bellbrook and Friday at Ross

Look through Denny's individual game stats, if you aren't excited about watching this freshman play/develop, there is no stat discussion that will change your mind.

the kid could be the most talented player to come thru since Kennard. I'm not comparing him to Luke, just saying he has a chance to be a high recruit if he continues to develop.

I’m sorry man. I watched him play. Nice finishes around the rim. Good ball handler. Takes a ton of shots. A lot of them are not good. He should be averaging more for the volume he shoots.
They lost to Talawanda.
It’s ok to disagree. I am just not that impressed by what I saw.

.9 is 75% of 1.2.

I am not sure what the metric shows nor it's relevance but I was curious after following the debate. Just out of curiosity, I did the math for some of the Centerville players (since you listed Powell as the top one in the area). Powell doesn't even have the best number for Centerville. Njie would be at 1.24. And two other kids are well over 1.0 just on that one team.

I just don't think this metric supports anything.

I am not sure what the metric shows nor it's relevance but I was curious after following the debate. Just out of curiosity, I did the math for some of the Centerville players (since you listed Powell as the top one in the area). Powell doesn't even have the best number for Centerville. Njie would be at 1.24. And two other kids are well over 1.0 just on that one team.

I just don't think this metric supports anything.
This stat is by no means the tell all for a players ability. All it is saying is each time they shoot the expected points. I only brought it up because of the original post with numbers didn’t seem right. It also exposes the volume of shots that don’t go in (which is my point)

The gold standard is Kinnard SWBL
He was at 1.36 his senior year.
I’d also like to point out Kinnard averaged 9.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists.
Will this kid get there? He might and I hope the best for him. I’m just giving my old person opinion of what I saw

This stat is by no means the tell all for a players ability. All it is saying is each time they shoot the expected points. I only brought it up because of the original post with numbers didn’t seem right. It also exposes the volume of shots that don’t go in (which is my point)

Will this kid get there? He might and I hope the best for him. I’m just giving my old person opinion of what I saw
I was agreeing with you. Its not even that the stat is meaningless or not, it's that there a ton of kids in the area in that range. I would say it's more telling if a kid isnt in that range than anything else.

I don't think he compares to Kennard at all, which isn't a knock because nobody does. I am really excited as an area basketball fan to watch his career. More in-line with Shrout/Powell/Enis. Try to get out and watch him with All-Ohio Red where he is surrounded by guys that must be guarded, it is impressive.

Everyone up in arms about stats and percentages from the top players. Much to consider. They are expected to take the most shots. They are often the ones who are heavily guarded and have the most contested shots. Even with lower percentages, their coaches are going to make sure they get the ball, run plays through them and get many shots up to give the team the best chance to win. Everyone knows the top players and if you look at current stats they are taking anywhere from 60-100 shots more than any other player on their team and yes, with lower percentages due to other team structuring defense so they don’t get the ball. These are your high volume shooters and exoercted to shoot it We need to lay off Denny. He’s young and he’s the one they want to shoot.
Waynesville, Oakwood, Carlisle and Franklin have the most experienced/top coaches in SWBL and why these teams are all in contention for league title. They understand who needs to be shooting and they get ball in their hands no matter the percentage. These boys don’t shoot, they don’t usually win. They may have lower percentages but they earn every point more than the rest. All the percentage talk…

JP - 1.2
Greer - 1.2
Perry - 1.1
Rubin - 1
Denny - .9
Lawson - .8

Best kids in Dayton are also player against way better competition. Those GWOC teams would run every SWBL team out of the gym after the 1st half 99/100 times. Still solid though especially for a freshman.

I just don't think this metric supports anything
Powell is the top player in Dayton and probably Ohio. That efficiency on that high of volume against that high of competition with that high of defensive focus is ridiculous. Just saying

Carlisle 52
Valley View 38

Lawson (32)
Taylor (11)

Fritz (13)
Denny (3)

VV struggled to get anything going on offense. Rowe face guarded Denny the whole game and couldn’t get going. Lawson was hot early and often for the Indians on offensive side of things. Total team effort by the Indians with players doing the little things well on defense to slow them down.

Everyone up in arms about stats and percentages from the top players. Much to consider. They are expected to take the most shots. They are often the ones who are heavily guarded and have the most contested shots. Even with lower percentages, their coaches are going to make sure they get the ball, run plays through them and get many shots up to give the team the best chance to win. Everyone knows the top players and if you look at current stats they are taking anywhere from 60-100 shots more than any other player on their team and yes, with lower percentages due to other team structuring defense so they don’t get the ball. These are your high volume shooters and exoercted to shoot it We need to lay off Denny. He’s young and he’s the one they want to shoot.
Waynesville, Oakwood, Carlisle and Franklin have the most experienced/top coaches in SWBL and why these teams are all in contention for league title. They understand who needs to be shooting and they get ball in their hands no matter the percentage. These boys don’t shoot, they don’t usually win. They may have lower percentages but they earn every point more than the rest. All the percentage talk
Powell is a great player. I wasn't implying he wasn't. My point was this statistic is virtually meaningless.
The statistic demonstrates the efficiency of the player.

The statistic demonstrates the efficiency of the player.
Note taken.I was referring mainly to Denny with the talk about his lower percentage He is expected to shoot. I agree, some of his shots are sloppy but he is a volume shooter and designed for him to shoot therefore, he shoots That’s the expectation and his part of the team He is heavily guarded and the focus of many teams He’s a freshman and learning. I wasn’t a fan when I saw him play but I am becoming one and mainly due to this forum. It’s great to see not only your home team and players succeed but all the local teams and players

Hearing rumors that Coach Denny is in some hot water and if he happens to get fired, Brody Denny and Ty Fritz may be on the move.

Hearing rumors that Coach Denny is in some hot water and if he happens to get fired, Brody Denny and Ty Fritz may be on the move.
I don't know what to think about this, Denny and Fritz are Freshman. Im sure they knew it would be an up and down season for the Spartans. I do know they have a very good 7th and 8th grade class coming up for basketball. Don't know all the parameters but last year some of the same rumors were floating around.

I have no idea the situation so this is all speculation.
Upper class parents don’t take too kindly to their kids going through the entire system only to watch them be benched for freshman. While in the outside it’s easy to see these kids are talented these parents only get one go around with their kids. Now factor in they have lost a lot of games lately and then add to it big brother letting little brother shoot all game( equivalent of daddy ball) and you get an upset community

Upper class parents don’t take too kindly to their kids going through the entire system only to watch them be benched for freshman. While in the outside it’s easy to see these kids are talented these parents only get one go around with their kids. Now factor in they have lost a lot of games lately and then add to it big brother letting little brother shoot all game( equivalent of daddy ball) and you get an upset community
Very good points.

There aren't any seniors sitting the bench. The 2 Seniors start, what's killing this team is that there are only 2 Sr's, 1 Jr (who is hurt), 3 SO (1 is hurt) and 2 FR playing any minutes. Denny is doing what he can with what he has. He at least deserves another year to see what he can do with this young group.

There aren't any seniors sitting the bench. The 2 Seniors start, what's killing this team is that there are only 2 Sr's, 1 Jr (who is hurt), 3 SO (1 is hurt) and 2 FR playing any minutes. Denny is doing what he can with what he has. He at least deserves another year to see what he can do with this young group.
Clearly you are correct looking at their roster and adds to me not having any real idea.
The other side of it is participation. Why are only two seniors and 1 junior playing at a school like VV? Coaches will get dinged on that as well.

Clearly you are correct looking at their roster and adds to me not having any real idea.
The other side of it is participation. Why are only two seniors and 1 junior playing at a school like VV? Coaches will get dinged on that as well.

mine thing that hurts VV is Henson deciding not to play. He started the last two years and averaged almost 10 ppg last year. I believe the junior class is more of a football group which hurts a small school like VV. The one sophomore that's injured would have been the starting point guard which would allow VV to run Denny off a lot more screens and they would not have to rely on him to be the main ball handler. The bottom line is if VV wants to build a program they need to keep Denny as coach. If they get rid of him I suspect the two freshman leave as well

mine thing that hurts VV is Henson deciding not to play. He started the last two years and averaged almost 10 ppg last year. I believe the junior class is more of a football group which hurts a small school like VV. The one sophomore that's injured would have been the starting point guard which would allow VV to run Denny off a lot more screens and they would not have to rely on him to be the main ball handler. The bottom line is if VV wants to build a program they need to keep Denny as coach. If they get rid of him I suspect the two freshman leave as well
Totally agree with you. Hopefully they give him some time. There should be at least 2-3 SO who are playing JV that can help next year that would give them 1 Sr, 4-5 Jrs and 2 SO at the varsity level. I think that could allow them to be more competitive on a regular basis.