2023 St. Edward Football

Eds should not lose a game this season.

They'll win the D1 title again.
I see 1 or 2 losses on the year and hopefully completing the trifecta. Losing Kyan really hurts and hopefully Robinson returns to football and doesn’t concentrate on basketball. Although, you have predicted the last two state championships, so I don’t want to disagree!

I see 1 or 2 losses on the year and hopefully completing the trifecta. Losing Kyan really hurts and hopefully Robinson returns to football and doesn’t concentrate on basketball. Although, you have predicted the last two state championships, so I don’t want to disagree!
Is Robinson first name Brian?
And Kyan was electric, definitely going to hurt.
Also punt kick return and played safety when 3 safeties. Tough to replace, hopefully next man up. Some names thrown around in here earlier Hollywood and Hess , RJ and few others. Not to familiar with that class. Watched the senior class. Mostly.

Last edited:
Is Robinson first name Brian?
And Kyan was electric, definitely going to hurt.
Also punt kick return and played safety when 3 safeties. Tough to replace, hopefully next man up. Some names thrown around in here earlier Hollywood and Hess , RJ and few others. Not to familiar with that class. Watched the senior class. Mostly.
I think you guys are referring to Brian Sullivan who has been rumored to be skipping football to concentrate on basketball. He's very athletic and would likely see a lot more passes come his way if he chooses to play football again this season.

It will happen. Eagles win for the 3peat and defeat Ignatius,.again in the HW.

Eds should not lose a game this season.

They'll win the D1 title again.
Center Grove and a loaded Good Counsel team will test the Eagles mettle right out of the gates. Then a trip to the Pit (where even the best St. Edward teams have struggled or lost) and PBTS a few weeks later to face a Massillon team that beat us last year. If this group goes undefeated with this schedule and wins it all we can have the discussion of putting them up there with the 2010 team.

I do love going to the Pit, it's a great experience for us to go even if we end up in the L column. I still think the best thing that happened to the 2014 team was losing down there. Similar with PBTS although the way the homerism goes some years is a lot to take in. Still, a good experience and an additional obstacle for a team to learn from.

Certainly have some heavyweights in addition to the usuals we play every year now. A good coaching staff and a team with a lot of quality experience should be fun to see.

Maybe a slip up but no way should we be underdogs in any game…….. I see this team just absolutely asserting their will the the Oline up front. Curious to see who becomes the workhouse at rb or will it be a few guys. I’m sure the D will find its groove by mid season. This team won’t be flashy but it will physically dominate almost everyone and I’m ok with that. I actually prefer it !!!!!

Having a returning state champ qb which we have never had is huge he hit his stride late last year and I expect great things!

Maybe a slip up but no way should we be underdogs in any game…….. I see this team just absolutely asserting their will the the Oline up front. Curious to see who becomes the workhouse at rb or will it be a few guys. I’m sure the D will find its groove by mid season. This team won’t be flashy but it will physically dominate almost everyone and I’m ok with that. I actually prefer it !!!!!

Having a returning state champ qb which we have never had is huge he hit his stride late last year and I expect great things!
If you ask me , having a returning qb that finished great last half year is huge, add the best offensive line on paper in Ohio. Still tough losing Kyan but Ed’s should have next man up. The runningback should be two kids. Between bulluck and the two backs Ed’s should have a nice per carry average!

Does anyone know if there are going to be any updates to Lakewood Stadium? Hoping that the scoreboard is going to be replaced.

Does anyone know if there are going to be any updates to Lakewood Stadium? Hoping that the scoreboard is going to be replaced.
I hope there's a plan. I think that was the best place to watch a game from the 90s through the late 2000s but it sorely needs updating. Scoreboard, restrooms, bleachers. Haven't seen the locker rooms but my guess would be them too.

Reactions: eds
2023 Schedule
8/19 Noon N Center Grove (IN) (@ Massillon PBTS)
8/27 1PM H Our Lady of Good Counsel (MD)
9/2 3PM H Rock Creek Christian (MD)
9/9 4PM A Cincinnati Elder (@ The Pit)
9/15 7PM A Massillon Washington (@ Massillon PBTS)
9/23 2PM H River Rouge
9/30 7PM H St Ignatius
10/7 3PM H Football North
10/14 4PM H Archbishop Moeller
10/20 7PM A Archbishop Hoban (@ Dowed Field)

updated 6/14
updated 1st post of this thread

3 local teams, 5 out of state, a trip to the Pit and an always tough Moeller coming to Lakewood. 6 home games is good and I like the balance of everything.

After looking at Joel Eitel 2023 schedule.
I believe St Edwards has the hardest schedule in Ohio, followed next by Saint Ignatius and Hoban!
Props to northeast Ohio for playing all comers!
Please take a look at those 3 schedules, St Edwards easily the hardest but who’s second?
St ignatius or Hoban! I can make argument for either team!

After looking at Joel Eitel 2023 schedule.
I believe St Edwards has the hardest schedule in Ohio, followed next by Saint Ignatius and Hoban!
Props to northeast Ohio for playing all comers!
Please take a look at those 3 schedules, St Edwards easily the hardest but who’s second?
St ignatius or Hoban! I can make argument for either team!
I hope Ignatius keeps sliding, some ppl I know think they will with the focus on soccer / hockey / rugby now. The annoying part for me is they are guaranteed a playoff spot . The old 8 team format meant something. This whole everyone gets in stuff is Ridc it makes the reg season meaningless.