2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

Oakwood - Carlisle:

was a decent game, Oakwood could do what they wanted on the ground. Not seen stats but I bet tailback and QB were over 100 yards. Carlisle didn’t adjust much on defense Oakwood continued to run it well. It was 21-14 game at half. Think it was 28-14 and Carlisle Fumbled the ball on 3 yard line going in. Typical Carlisle offense but they did move the ball. Oakwood isn’t the likes of VV, Waynesville. Congrats to the Jacks as the get off of the loosing streak. Carlisle season is pretty much done for. See if they can play Madison tough next week as it’s a rivalry game.

I think I speak for all Monroe fans when I say we don't have a OC or DC worth a crap. They're clueless. Injuries is one thing but the play calling is god awful. Worst ever I think. Any of us could call plays better than that. The team looks uninspired. We don't have the best personnel to run the option. They run up the middle and do them pitch plays which never works. We can't defend anything really. They're gonna have to figure it out both ways or next year won't be much better. Bellbrook RB is fastest kid I've seen in a long time. That kids a beast. Be nice if Monroe had a RB that fast and versatile.
Yeah, time to move on from this coaching staff. I have seen Monroe on film and been to a couple games and can tell you that there are absolutely no offensive and defensive adjustments being made. They run, maybe, 6 offensive plays and set up the same way on defense.
With that being said, injuries have played a big role in their demise, but you have to make adjustments based upon the Jimmys and Joes that you have.

Worst offense and defense schemes I ever seen. Never a big fan of 3-4 or triple option. We need a QB who can throw the ball and a D that puts in the effort and toughness to get the job done. Mullins is one hard-headed coach. He's set in his ways and won't change anytime soon. Joe Snively would be a better coach I think. He did pretty well at Fenwick and was on Jason Krauses staff when Monroe was dominant. Time will tell.

Worst offense and defense schemes I ever seen. Never a big fan of 3-4 or triple option. We need a QB who can throw the ball and a D that puts in the effort and toughness to get the job done. Mullins is one hard-headed coach. He's set in his ways and won't change anytime soon. Joe Snively would be a better coach I think. He did pretty well at Fenwick and was on Jason Krauses staff when Monroe was dominant. Time will tell.
Snively stays with a school for a year or two and bolts. One of the longest resumes in the business. Not sure he is the answer.

like I said, you also have to have the talent to run these offenses and defenses.

Be nice if Monroe had a RB like Bellbrooks. Kid is amazingly fast. Bellbrooks whole team is pretty fast and physical. Monroe plays Ross next. They're struggling as well. I don't think it's gonna be 13-9 game like last year.

Be nice if Monroe had a RB like Bellbrooks. Kid is amazingly fast. Bellbrooks whole team is pretty fast and physical. Monroe plays Ross next. They're struggling as well. I don't think it's gonna be 13-9 game like last year.
I don’t see Monroe winning a game the rest of the season and they shouldn’t make the playoffs.

Valley View started slow, got punched in the mouth, went down 20-7 on the road, Edgewood packed the house for homecoming. VV went on to outscore them 42-6 the rest of the way. Have to shore up some issues with penalties and some breakdowns in passing D but 8-0 is 8-0. Onto Brookville
Valley view has all the talent in the world, and they are winning games gritty. My concern is they won’t be able to dig holes like this for themselves come playoff time. If the goal is to be playing in Canton they have to clean stuff like this up.

Valley view has all the talent in the world, and they are winning games gritty. My concern is they won’t be able to dig holes like this for themselves come playoff time. If the goal is to be playing in Canton they have to clean stuff like this up.

Last night Edgewood had a pick 6, a TD after an interception and ran a fake punt that failed and lead to another touchdown. VV has only turned the ball over 4 times so far this year but they did struggle the two games they had turnovers. The next two weeks will tell a lot about the Spartans.

Week 9 games, Some very good games this week look for them all to be some what competitive. 2 Monster games that have implications on the small school side.

Brookville @ Valley View- Game of the week here. Brookville coming off a great win against Eaton. VV got things going in second half to beat Edgewood. I have to take VV on senior night but this will be a battle. VV 28 - 21

Waynesville @ Eaton- Waynesville continues to impress, they have enjoyed some of the weaker teams in conference the last couple weeks, but did what they were supposed to do. Eaton coming of a loss to Brookville, we shall see how motivated they are? I'll take Waynesville and sets up a huge matchup next week with VV. Waynesville 34-28

Edgewood @ Franklin- Edgewood played VV very tough, Maybe a step in right direction for them. Franklin is Franklin lost to Ross. Ill take Edgewood 41-21

Ross @ Monroe- I'll go with Ross in this game I bet the over under on passing attempts in this game is 8 combined. Ross 27-14

Carlisle @ Madison- I heard Madison didn't have Their QB this past week. Stinks for them as it seems like injuries have hit the Mohawks very hard. Rival game here and senior night for Mohawks. Carlisle is reeling and struggling to get stops on D and put it all together. I have to go with my heart and take Carlisle in a tight one. Carlisle 28-27

Oakwood @ Bellbrook- Oakwood hangs for a moment but Bellbrook is to strong. Bellbrook 38-13

Week 9:

Brookville @ Valley View
Waynesville
@ Eaton
Edgewood @ Franklin
Ross @ Monroe
Carlisle @ Madison
Oakwood @ Bellbrook

This actually looks like one of the better weeks as far as matchups go. Several big games with playoff implications. The only game I'm terribly confident in is Bellbrook beating Oakwood. Even in that game, Oakwood's offense could make that interesting for a while. The other games could go either way in my view. I wouldn't be surprised to see some upsets this week.

Week 9 games, Some very good games this week look for them all to be some what competitive. 2 Monster games that have implications on the small school side.

Brookville @ Valley View- Game of the week here. Brookville coming off a great win against Eaton. VV got things going in second half to beat Edgewood. I have to take VV on senior night but this will be a battle. VV 28 - 21

Waynesville @ Eaton- Waynesville continues to impress, they have enjoyed some of the weaker teams in conference the last couple weeks, but did what they were supposed to do. Eaton coming of a loss to Brookville, we shall see how motivated they are? I'll take Waynesville and sets up a huge matchup next week with VV. Waynesville 34-28

Edgewood @ Franklin- Edgewood played VV very tough, Maybe a step in right direction for them. Franklin is Franklin lost to Ross. Ill take Edgewood 41-21

Ross @ Monroe- I'll go with Ross in this game I bet the over under on passing attempts in this game is 8 combined. Ross 27-14

Carlisle @ Madison- I heard Madison didn't have Their QB this past week. Stinks for them as it seems like injuries have hit the Mohawks very hard. Rival game here and senior night for Mohawks. Carlisle is reeling and struggling to get stops on D and put it all together. I have to go with my heart and take Carlisle in a tight one. Carlisle 28-27

Oakwood @ Bellbrook- Oakwood hangs for a moment but Bellbrook is to strong. Bellbrook 38-13
So madison lost maybe their best skill player 4 weeks ago looking at stats and you say lost their Qb last week? Will either be able to return this season?

Week 9:

Brookville @ Valley View
Waynesville
@ Eaton
Edgewood @ Franklin
Ross @ Monroe
Carlisle @ Madison
Oakwood @ Bellbrook

This actually looks like one of the better weeks as far as matchups go. Several big games with playoff implications. The only game I'm terribly confident in is Bellbrook beating Oakwood. Even in that game, Oakwood's offense could make that interesting for a while. The other games could go either way in my view. I wouldn't be surprised to see some upsets this week.
I agree with your picks unless Orr plays for Eaton, if he plays then I'd take Eaton over Waynesville. Eaton is a different team without him. Not sure why he's missed the last 2 games but they haven't played well without him.

It looks like some close games this week, curious to see how Edgewood responds after giving VV all they wanted. I do think BB will physically wear Oakwood out. VV needs to clean up the penalties and turnovers or they will get knocked off the next two weeks!

So madison lost maybe their best skill player 4 weeks ago looking at stats and you say lost their Qb last week? Will either be able to return this season?
Yeah what I’m hearing is Qb has some issues with his elbow? Maybe some Madison folks can elaborate more. I also heard RB/LB won’t be ready this week coming back from collarbone injury. Stinks as they both are Seniors. Hope they heal quickly and get back to play in playoffs. I’m sure they are trying to do whatever they can to play senior night though.

Yeah what I’m hearing is Qb has some issues with his elbow? Maybe some Madison folks can elaborate more. I also heard RB/LB won’t be ready this week coming back from collarbone injury. Stinks as they both are Seniors. Hope they heal quickly and get back to play in playoffs. I’m sure they are trying to do whatever they can to play senior night though.
Haven't heard any updates this week but this past Friday night Madison ran everything from the wildcat as RB Rhodus was still out after the week 4 horse collar tackle that put him out with the collarbone. QB Thompson was out as well Friday leaving Madison without a QB and completely one dimensional. Credit to Waynesville, they are a solid team and burned Madison on their big play ability.

Not surprised Brookville beat Eaton last week, but surprised by the score. Sounds like Brookville was the more physical team, and that in my opinion wins football games. Moving on to this week's slate of games.
I will.go with Bellbrook over Oakwood. Oakwood might hang around for a bit but Bellbrook pulls away 42-14
Ross takes Monroe. Monroe just seems to be in a free fall. Might be 6 pass plays all game. Ross 42-14
Edgewood v Franklin, Edgewood seems to be figuring things out with all the injuries, played VV pretty well. Franklin well is Franklin. They have a good receiver and, well that is it. Edgewood 35-7
Carlisle v Madison, not sure about Madison's health. If there qb plays I am going with Madison 21-14.
Eaton v Waynesville. Eaton coming off of a bad loss. Brookville physically dominated them. Waynesville beat Brookville but I hear Brookville had multiple turnovers. Looks like Orr has been out for Eaton the last 2 weeks, if he plays that brings the trio of Eaton's receivers back into play. If Waynesville can play physical and win the line of scrimmage they have the advantage with Berrey and company putted up points. I am going to go against the grain, and pick Eaton 31-28
VV v Brookville. VV toughest games this year they have come out flat and fell behind, against Eaton and Edgewood. They can not afford to do that against Brookville. Brookville will match their physicality and can keep VV offense off of the field with their running game. If Brookville plays like they did against Eaton, well folks we have ourselves a ballgame. If they play like they did against Waynesville, VV wins by 2 to 3 scores. Deciding factor might be playing at Niswonger field and Senior night. Going to be a great game. I think VV wins bc they are at home with senior night. VV 28 Brookville 21

Break down the VV-Edgewood game a little. Edgewood scored on a pick six, first play after a fumble recovery and after a failed VV fake punt gave them a short field. VV was behind 20-7 and outscored Edgewood 42-6 the rest of the wat. With that being said, VV-Brookville will be a battle. I like the Spartans at home by a touchdown like you said. It won't surprise me to see these two play in the playoffs, possibly the regional finals.

Break down the VV-Edgewood game a little. Edgewood scored on a pick six, first play after a fumble recovery and after a failed VV fake punt gave them a short field. VV was behind 20-7 and outscored Edgewood 42-6 the rest of the wat. With that being said, VV-Brookville will be a battle. I like the Spartans at home by a touchdown like you said. It won't surprise me to see these two play in the playoffs, possibly the regional finals.
If I were to be critical of VV at all, I don't love some of the slower starts they've had against Eaton and Edgewood. Both teams were able to jump out to 14 point leads. Against better competition, that will eventually be your undoing. Brookville very well could be the best test to date for Valley View. It's also a preview of a potential R20 playoff matchup. Should be a great game this week!

Edgewood needs to learn how to make halftime adjustments.
How about hiring a defensive secondary coach? VV #11 destroyed Edgewood with slow lumbering routes but the Edge secondary was always out of position.
Maybe open up the playbook a little? Was that dive right on 3rd and forever? Cmon man..............

Grapevine says QB out for the year, RB returns this week or next. They're definitely reeling from these injuries, the little bit I've seen of their Waynesville game was not pretty at all....