2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

I’m not saying you’re wrong I know some of these individuals involved but I am saying it takes a big man to cast stones and laugh when you’re on top at teams who want better for their programs also.
These two situations are not comparable

I agree leadership is always a factor. I know if you get behind in that offense it is very hard to come back. On the other hand, it also will keep you in a ton of games you have no business being in and I think that is what he is doing. I remember when he was at Beavercreek and its the only thing that kept the games close based on talent level. In fact, he won more games there I think than any coach they have ever had. But I do see your point. No the lost play was not a turnover but a 10 yd loss. Just another question, do they have the talented QB, good receivers, and a good line to actually throw the ball successfully? It takes all 3 to make it work.
I agree leadership is always a factor. I know if you get behind in that offense it is very hard to come back. On the other hand, it also will keep you in a ton of games you have no business being in and I think that is what he is doing. I remember when he was at Beavercreek and its the only thing that kept the games close based on talent level. In fact, he won more games there I think than any coach they have ever had. But I do see your point. No the lost play was not a turnover but a 10 yd loss. Just another question, do they have the talented QB, good receivers, and a good line to actually throw the ball successfully? It takes all 3 to make it work
I agree leadership is always a factor. I know if you get behind in that offense it is very hard to come back. On the other hand, it also will keep you in a ton of games you have no business being in and I think that is what he is doing. I remember when he was at Beavercreek and its the only thing that kept the games close based on talent level. In fact, he won more games there I think than any coach they have ever had. But I do see your point. No the lost play was not a turnover but a 10 yd loss. Just another question, do they have the talented QB, good receivers, and a good line to actually throw the ball successfully? It takes all 3 to make it work.
Look we we have to agree to disagree. If he was so valuable to Creek then why isn’t he still there? Can’t live in the past and the glory days. Right now there is problem in Carlisle football. They have 3 freshman playing football. 13 kids on 8th grade team. Something is wrong with that picture. I don’t know if it’s the times we live in or the Coach, I would say it probably a good mix of both. Need someone at the school and walks the halls getting the boys excited for football. As a Coach you have to take the blame for the play calling down 30-0. Most of the teams that run old school offenses have packages and sets they run when they are down. Not the dive lol.

So you were talking about a lost of yardage play is the reason we lost and started so poorly? Wake up was you at the game? If I was the coach I would be worried about the pick 6 and Fumble 6, then another fumble when a back and Qb got mixed up and didn’t know the play. Then 4th quarter 5 minutes to go yet another fumble that took the sails out. But let’s talk about a negative gain, a play that I don’t even remember. I’m old an all and get forgetful but that one doesn’t stick out to me. In my opinion Barry Sanders is one of the best backs of all time and always had negative gains, but he also had the ability to take it to the house on any given play. Not saying they are anything close but you get the picture I’m painting hopefully.

This is hilarious to me because doesn't all most all of the big side schools run an outdate offense? Edgewood - Wing T / Bellbrook - Wing T / Ross - Triple / Monroe - Triple. Small side has Madison - Wing T / Brookville - Some form of wing t / Power Run. VV, Franklin, Eaton are the only ones who run a true spread. Clinton Massie runs flex bone - outdate offense yet they win a crap ton. Think it should show that it does matter what system you run new and hip thing or the old and outdated. I mean I guess we could research and see what every team runs in the state of Ohio and see how many teams run old school vs new school and compare the success for each. That would be cool research with some data behind it.

The main thing that affects an any system is the me and get mine mentally instead of the we and team. Oh we won but I did not get to touch the ball. You have to spread the ball around and give it to more than one or two kids. That not what a team is all about. A team shouldn't care who gets the ball because they are all working toward the same goal. One week one guy goes off and carries the load. The next week it could be someone else, but it shouldn't matter. Hence why this sport is the greatest because it shows the true nature of people and who they really are in the end. What team actuals believe in the We and not just the

You are also talking about a place that built an entire school and forgot to put a weightroom in the design. That is hilariuos. These people get on here railing about Carlisle. They dont truly care about winning or basic things like a WR wouldhave been in the plans or someone would have noticed and said " hey how about a WR for our athletes". It is crazy though that Carlisle usually runs more plays than any team they play, generally has less penalties and loses many of those games. I looked at the history of the school and they had an excellent run as you say but before that and after that have never been a quality program. Blame who ever you want to blame but thats the bottom line. Remember "exciting" also means 50-0 at halftime with many of the teams they play.

So here’s the matchups for week 4

Madison vs National Trail
Brookville vs Waynesville
Valley View @ Carlisle
Franklin vs CJ
Monroe vs Hughes
Eaton @ Oakwood
Bellbrook @ Ponitz Tech
Ross vs Wilmington
Edgewood @ Talawanda
Madison wins to improve to 4-0, tougher part of schedule coming. This game will be close for awhile.

Brookville wins. curious to see how Waynesville competes in this game. Should be best game of week in Swbl.

Valley View wins. Has to be front runner for Region 20 with their win against Bellbrook.

CJ wins puts Franklin to 0-4

I’ll take the Hornets, Don’t know much about Hughes but they are 0-3.

Eaton wins but this one is close as well, Oakwood is quietly putting up some nice numbers and very competitive.

Bellbrook by as much as they want.

Wilmington wins an another close game here.

Edgewood gets their first win over Talawanda

You are also talking about a place that built an entire school and forgot to put a weightroom in the design. That is hilariuos. These people get on here railing about Carlisle. They dont truly care about winning or basic things like a WR wouldhave been in the plans or someone would have noticed and said " hey how about a WR for our athletes". It is crazy though that Carlisle usually runs more plays than any team they play, generally has less penalties and loses many of those games. I looked at the history of the school and they had an excellent run as you say but before that and after that have never been a quality program. Blame who ever you want to blame but thats the bottom line. Remember "exciting" also means 50-0 at halftime with many of the teams they play.
Carlisle had a nice run because they got half of their team from Edgewood circa 2009

If Skid wasn’t forced out after 2020 he would still be the head coach. But clearly Valley View can win with multiple head coaches.
Skidmore quit (
I’m not saying you’re wrong I know some of these individuals involved but I am saying it takes a big man to cast stones and laugh when you’re on top at teams who want better for their programs also.
Skidmore quit! And most of these problems these schools have like at Carlisle stems from the community and the culture from pee wee football to past players, its not the offense that they run because a lot of very good programs run all different types. If the kids don’t love to play the game of football and the community runs hot and cold with it, then you get what you get.

Skidmore quit (

Skidmore quit! And most of these problems these schools have like at Carlisle stems from the community and the culture from pee wee football to past players, its not the offense that they run because a lot of very good programs run all different types. If the kids don’t love to play the game of football and the community runs hot and cold with it, then you get what you get.
Yes he did. He had a choice to make and made it to protect his other coaches. It was either that or be terminated. That’s what forced out means.

Unofficially region 20

Attachments

• IMG_3403.png
    IMG_3403.png
    260.1 KB · Views: 123
Looking at the stats from the Monroe-Fenwick game. Monroe ran for 325 yards at 6.8 a pop. I think Monroe wins the next 3 then the final 4 games are tough but I believe they will be more than competitive in those games.

The next 4 games we should alright. I wasn't at the Fenwick game but it must have been an awesome second half. Marcum runs the option pretty well. If our defense can play well like the first 3 games we'll be fine. We're gonna score points I just hope our pass defense can be steady cause our run defense is solid.

Last edited:
The next 4 games we should alright. I wasn't at the Fenwick game but it must have been an awesome second half. Marcum runs the option pretty well. If our defense can play well like the first 3 games we'll be fine. We're gonna score points I just hope our pass defense can be steady cause our run defense is solid.
Monroe played well against Fenwick. If you take away a dumb personal foul penalty on the final drive they likely walk away from that contest against a good opponent with a W. Defense is playing much better. Monroe backup QB and FB looked really good in the second half.

It’s true VV wants what best for their program and have high standards based on past success. I support Carlisle and any school wanting more. You are right we been through a lot of head coaches since 15. Skidmore resigned due to internal issue and backed his assistant but ketron in my opinion was the wrong guy and people wanted his head after a couple underachieving seasons with talent. I agree and you have every right to want more. Saying losing to Northridge 4 times in 30 something years and clod owning 3 of those in 5 years and winning percentage dropping from 800 in previous 10 years to 200% and dropping 15 kids on avg roster. That seems pretty solid concerns.

Last edited:
Carlisle had a nice run because they got half of their team from Edgewood circa 2009
Let’s not forget two of their best players was Spartans that Carlisle team was good but the transfers from Edgewood and VV made them great I also believe the league was down those years think we was maybe a 6 win team Franklin was bad, and it showed once they played good team think 2 years in a row getting blown out by 30 plus showing the truth. Carlisle has had some great players and talented teams with just Carlisle kids through the 80s early 2000 and had great teams 2013-2017 some of their best players. I don’t think anyone in league though has benefited more from transfers than Franklin I can’t think of a league champ the have had in football SWBL speaking who didn’t have multiple transfers playing significant roles. We have a had a few but I think few and very far between I already know the names you’ll come at me with but they came because the program was already established.

Last edited:
I agree when the plans came out the weight room was a total blunder. But they made it work and there is a weight room. Now getting kids in there is a different story. When you only have 10/12 kids in there regularly it’s a problem. They need to buy in (Kids). Carlisle people see the success of communities around them and would love to be in those conversations. Carlisle has nice things and continues to improve its athletic facilities. Obviously the formulas you listed above don’t work into being successful. They are average at best. In the past there are winners and losers. We all want to be winners and that’s not what has transpired over the few years at Carlisle for clod. At best .500. That’s mediocre and seems to be satisfied with that. I’ve been blessed at my job and have the opportunity to lead some fine people. We are all winners and have to be to be successful. I don’t settle for mediocre. Life will show you no mercy for being mediocre.

Bellbrook needs to have a good week of practice , work out the kinks , get healthy and put the last 2 weeks in the rear view mirrow because they have another big one looming in week 5 against former rival alter . If they lose that one they’re staring at 2-3 heading into conference play. Big for region 12 positioning as well.

I agree when the plans came out the weight room was a total blunder. But they made it work and there is a weight room. Now getting kids in there is a different story. When you only have 10/12 kids in there regularly it’s a problem. They need to buy in (Kids). Carlisle people see the success of communities around them and would love to be in those conversations. Carlisle has nice things and continues to improve its athletic facilities. Obviously the formulas you listed above don’t work into being successful. They are average at best. In the past there are winners and losers. We all want to be winners and that’s not what has transpired over the few years at Carlisle for clod. At best .500. That’s mediocre and seems to be satisfied with that. I’ve been blessed at my job and have the opportunity to lead some fine people. We are all winners and have to be to be successful. I don’t settle for mediocre. Life will show you no mercy for being mediocre.
I agree with you on being mediocre. They were 0-10 under Brown correct? They have never won a playoff game in school history right? Sounds like they have big problems. I will say this when clod shows up to terrible teams, they improve and when he leaves they go back to 0-10. Fact. Be careful what you wish for.

Bellbrook needs to have a good week of practice , work out the kinks , get healthy and put the last 2 weeks in the rear view mirrow because they have another big one looming in week 5 against former rival alter . If they lose that one they’re staring at 2-3 heading into conference play. Big for region 12 positioning as well.
Looks like Bellbrook had some success throwing the ball Friday night, do they open that playbook up the rest of the year?

I agree with you on being mediocre. They were 0-10 under Brown correct? They have never won a playoff game in school history right? Sounds like they have big problems. I will say this when clod shows up to terrible teams, they improve and when he leaves they go back to 0-10. Fact. Be careful what you wish for.
Clod is 15-28 @ Carlisle. Rumor has it a few years ago he told his team the only difference between him and Urban Meyer was Urban had more talent. That's the most absurd thing Ive ever heard. Talk about an ego. It is what it is. A loosing record is a loosing record. Brown did have a 0-10 season but Clod had a 1-9 season as well.

2012- 8-2
2013- 7-3
2014- 5-5
2015- 6-5
2016- 8-3
2017- 7-3
2018 - 0-10
2019- 1-9
2020- 4-6
2021- 6-6
2022- 4-7

Clod is 15-28 @ Carlisle. Rumor has it a few years ago he told his team the only difference between him and Urban Meyer was Urban had more talent. That's the most absurd thing Ive ever heard. Talk about an ego. It is what it is. A loosing record is a loosing record. Brown did have a 0-10 season but Clod had a 1-9 season as well.

2012- 8-2
2013- 7-3
2014- 5-5
2015- 6-5
2016- 8-3
2017- 7-3
2018 - 0-10
2019- 1-9
2020- 4-6
2021- 6-6
2022- 4-7
Doesn't look like he's done much to improve the program. Win totals are down compared to the 6 years prior to him arriving and numbers are down. The AD seems to love him though so he must be doing something right?

Doesn't look like he's done much to improve the program. Win totals are down compared to the 6 years prior to him arriving and numbers are down. The AD seems to love him though so he must be doing something right?
I can't speak on the AD approach on this situation. Seems like the AD has done a nice job in other areas, with other sports. I Know the hire of the basketball coach was a good one to replace the guy that was not doing things the right way. The Football program has kind of flatlined the past few years, and numbers have dropped.

2012- 8-2
2013- 7-3
2014- 5-5
2015- 6-5
2016- 8-3
2017- 7-3
2018 - 0-10
2019- 1-9
2020- 4-6
2021- 6-6
2022- 4-7
How do you know that is a true rumor concerning Urban Meyer? Are you getting a little crazy now? If true, I would agree with you. it does seem you have an axe to grind though. Maybe you have a kid on the team. That can completely blind people to the true reality of the situation. Bottom line is Carlisle is not good at football, had a decent run for 8 years in the entire history of the school and the Carlisle people on here think they can compete with the big boys. Wrong!

How do you know that is a true rumor concerning Urban Meyer? Are you getting a little crazy now? If true, I would agree with you. it does seem you have an axe to grind though. Maybe you have a kid on the team. That can completely blind people to the true reality of the situation. Bottom line is Carlisle is not good at football, had a decent run for 8 years in the entire history of the school and the Carlisle people on here think they can compete with the big boys. Wrong!
You're right. Carlisle can't compete with the big boys. They don't have the numbers for that. Carlisle has won playoff games fyi. Not many, but they have won. Until we start seeing these numbers climb, it will be a tough road for Carlisle for a long time. Can you honestly say that kids want to play on a team where the sole objective is to just run the ball 99% of the time. These kids nowadays want high flying action and big plays. Obviously that's not what it's all about but something has to give here. These kids have to buy in what you're selling at all times and it starts in pee wee. Look at VV....Niswonger built a legacy there. It has to start somewhere. That somewhere has yet to be found.

I’m old my kids are grown. But have a lot of friends in the community. If Carlisle isn’t good at football wouldn’t that be on the coach to change that? To have the kids super excited to compete every week?

I’m old my kids are grown. But have a lot of friends in the community. If Carlisle isn’t good at football wouldn’t that be on the coach to change that? To have the kids super excited to compete every week?
I agree with you to a point yes. The coach is responsible for some of that but he also needs support, facilities, kids who WANT to work year round etc... I don't know if they have that or not. This is not college though. You don't get to recruit.