2023 Senior World Championships

The kid Sadulaev wrestled is a freshman at Rider and was a U20 bronze medalist two years ago. Very cool opportunity for him, hopefully we see him during the NCAA season as well.
Interesting. Did not know that. Good recruit for the MAC to have.

Snyder coming up with Sadluaev wrestling on another mat right after him - depending how long matches before that last.

Snyder going to end it fast Up 8-0 with 4:13 left.

Gives up a leg and gets shoved out 8-1

2 more takedowns and its over 12-1 with 3:41 left

Sadulaev out on Mat D. vs. Baitcaev of Hungary. Dude looks like a stud out there vs. Sad. No score after 1:14

Sad gets passivity point followed by an apparent take down at edge. No score yet.

NOw it shows up 3-0 Sad with 3:38 left.

Ends the 1st period at 3-0.

Sad showing a lot more motion than 1st match. Must gear it up as the competition gets a little stiffer. This Hungarian looks like he lifts weights - a lot. Physical specimen.

Another passivity point to Sad. Now up 4-0 with 1:27

Sad spending all his time in the center of the ring. Hungarian slow to catch on whey he is getting hit with passivity.

And Baitcaev hits a TD with :04 left. Loses 4-2 Sad shows he has a tank of gas this time out.

Lee has a legit shot to at least qualify 65.

If he upsets Amouzad, he'll at the very worst get a True 5th shot against someone like SeaBass from the weak bottom quarter.

If he loses to Amouzad, there's still a great chance he'll be brought back in. He'd have an easy-ish repechage and again, at worst, a True 5th chance against that bad bottom quarter.

Last edited:
Lee on the board for mat B vs. Iranian. In the hole right now. He and Winchester on the same schedule. She will be on Mat D at the same time. Jennifer Rogers will also be at approx. same time on Mat A.

I'll be going radio silent in about a half hour. Hopefully I can get off that call in 15 minutes

Lee on the board for mat B vs. Iranian. In the hole right now. He and Winchester on the same schedule. She will be on Mat D at the same time. Jennifer Rogers will also be at approx. same time on Mat A.

I'll be going radio silent in about a half hour. Hopefully I can get off that call in 15 minutes
Haven't they slowed quarterfinals to weight-by-weight the other days?

Snyder going to have tough 1/4 final match vs. Bahrain wrestler. He's had 2 tech superiorities of 10-0 and 10-0. Can't assess his competition in those matches. Not highlighted in Yankee's preview. I know nothing about him other than he's had no difficulty in 1st two matches. But neither has Snyder had any problems with his 2 techs.

Likely Lee will be on the mat when I have to get on the call. Still going to watch it. Just hope I don't react to something while talking to the Doc

Rogers tied 2-2 with her having criteria vs. Japan's Nanjo. Gets turned Now down 4-2 with :12 left in 1st

4-2 at the break. Rogers behind.

Rogers with headlock and turn near the edge. She's now up 4-4 with criteria on last score. 2:03 left

Nanjo in on leg. Rogers heavy hips to stalemate. No score.

:57 left still 4-4

Nanjo in on leg again.. Same result. Stalemate No score. rogers quick to get her hips to the mat.

Page wins it. 4-4 Big win vs. Japan. Nanjo came close - very close - at the end, but Rogers fought off the attacks and likely would have had back points at the end but clock ran out.

Nanjo in on leg again.. Same result. Stalemate No score. rogers quick to get her hips to the mat.

Page wins it. 4-4 Big win vs. Japan. Nanjo came close - very close - at the end, but Rogers fought off the attacks and likely would have had back points at the end but clock ran out.
Wow...world championship wins over Japan, outside the biggest couple weights, are very rare. Awesome job!

Another and its 9-0 with :48

Winchester steps out 9-1

Takedown by Winchester off missed TD attempt by Ukr. Ends at 11-1

Lee followed by Snyder on same mat B back to back.

Seabass Rivera on Mat D at same time as Lee will be wrestling.