2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Well, it appears Kenny Pickett is out several weeks due to ankle injury

Kenny Pickett injury update: Steelers QB to have procedure on ankle, set to miss 2-4 weeks, per report​

That’s not good news. Injuries to anyone suck. There is no drop off to Mitch or even Rudolph, maybe an upgrade at this point. I don’t like saying that but it is what it is. Also concerned about a bunch of guys playing defense whos names on the back of their jerseys I don’t even recognize.

Should've taken the FG at the 1. Tomlin probably assumed that the D would hold them to 3 & out and get the ball gack in decent field position
Everybody knew Trubisky wasn't going to throw.
I was hoping for Warren. I realize the line had little to no push, but he always seems to find a way for a positive play.

I was hoping for Warren. I realize the line had little to no push, but he always seems to find a way for a positive play.
As soon as I saw them lined up in shot gun I knew they weren’t going to get it.

Trubisky off the bench cold, you knew they weren’t passing. In gun with one back the LBs were able to attack downhill knowing where the ball was going.

Put your QB under center and either go 13 personnel and power it in or have Najee and Warren both on the field together so the defense has to at least be concerned about who might run the ball.

As soon as I saw them lined up in shot gun I knew they weren’t going to get it.

Trubisky off the bench cold, you knew they weren’t passing. In gun with one back the LBs were able to attack downhill knowing where the ball was going.

Put your QB under center and either go 13 personnel and power it in or have Najee and Warren both on the field together so the defense has to at least be concerned about who might run the ball.
They are all great points. Split backs would have them guessing.

This team stinks to high heavens. Time for new leadership. I like it better when the Steelers played and acted like Steelers. Tomlin out coached again. This is insane! Maybe Rooney will finally do what they haven’t done in 50 plus years and fire a coach. Never seen a team so unprepared so many times over the years. No leadership in that locker room either.

Last edited:
This team stinks to high heavens. Time for new leadership. I like it better when the Steelers played and acted like Steelers. Tomlin out coached again. This is insane! Maybe Rooney will finally do what they haven’t done in 50 plus years and fire a coach. Never seen a team so unprepared so many times over the years. No leadership in that locker room either.
Stealers suck fantastic. I thought the OC was the problem, no the talent level on offense is not much better than a good college team. Can only win so many games relying on defense alone but go ahead and fire Tomlin that is not going to make the offense any better. Any day the stealers lose though is a great and glorious day.

Life long Browns fan checking in. Selfishly, I want this to be the start of a long, downtrodden existence for the Steelers. It hurts, doesn't it, fellas? If this happens, I can't wait to see where my Ohio Steelers fans group of friends jumps ship to.

Realistically, this is a well run franchise. They're not going to jump to drastic measures of firing Tomblin. I've never thought he was necessarily a top level coach, but the man has a Super Bowl and has never had a losing season. They sit at 7-6 in a division where there are 0 teams with losing records. This, despite the fact that they have had below average QB play all season. Trubisky and Rudolph are not going to do much to help this either. Harris has been a flop as well, it happens sometimes. I imagine the Steelers will hold true to their proven model of success, draft to solidify their fronts early and maybe pick up some promising backs late, and put themselves in position to find a new QB for if Pickett doesn't progress next year. Heck, if the offense can just get luke warm, there is a chance to at least get into the playoffs. Quit sounding like a bunch of spoiled kids who didn't get the latest iphone the day it came out.

Stealers suck fantastic. I thought the OC was the problem, no the talent level on offense is not much better than a good college team. Can only win so many games relying on defense alone but go ahead and fire Tomlin that is not going to make the offense any better. Any day the stealers lose though is a great and glorious day.
The structure of the team comes from Tomlin. We’re now in year 17. And not one of his assistants has ever been hired to be a HC. Not one. That should be impossible. It tells you people around the league don’t think as highly of his philosophy as the media who praise him for everything and never put the proper blame on him.

Browns fan here - I need to disagree with the bolded part. I think Pickens, Warren, Najee and Johnson are very talented NFL guys. Now 3 of the 4 might be spoiled head cases (not Warren), but the talent is there. Friermuth is also a good weapon. I think the problem is QB and scheme on offense.

The weapons are definitely not the problem. The OL is weak other than the rookie Broderick Jones and the scheme is one that barely even worked at the collegiate level. I believe Pickett can be a good QB but he needs to be able to trust his OL and have good coaching around him.

I dont understand the playcalling late 4th quarter. 3rd & 2 w/ 2:05 left around midfield. I thought they were going to run. If they get it, youre at 1st & 10 with the w the 2 minute warning. If you dont get it, use the 2 minute warning to regroup. And then throwing deep on 4th & 2? Ridiculous!
These last 2 losses were frustrating, but not surprising IMO. This teams margin for error is practically zero for ANY team in the league. I haven't called for MT job, not because he's some guru, but because the organization doesnt fire coaches willy nilly like some wayward franchises. But the organization needs to make some hard choices January 2024. Coaching and player personnel. Especially QB

7-10. these dudes are done. hopefully Rooney has the stones to move on from Tomlin.
No record would suprise me, but Pittsburgh has been winning games all year that they've had no business winning. No combinations of wins & losses the next 4 games will be off the table