2024 Pittsburgh Steelers

It’s not pretty and thank goodness the Steelers were playing against Jake Browning and not Joe Burrow because 16 pts doesn’t beat Burrow. Regardless, a win is and win and never apologize for a win in the NFL.

* Offense had some life, Pickett played well but still missed a couple of easy throws
* Harris looked better. As the announcer said, he looked better from the pistol or 7 yards deep.
* #51 rookie OLB Nick Herbig - kid flashes, got to try and find a way to get him in the field more
* #17 free agent S Trenton Thompson. Kid may be playing his way into a starting spot even after Fitzpatrick returns
* #95 rookie DT Benton is looking good
* Great having Friermuth back, healthy & actually throwing to him. A 3rd down chain mover

Onto playing Arizona in Pittsburgh next week.

Three 2nd half possessions TD, FG, FG, kneel downs to end the game
Over 400 yards total and no 2nd half punts. Probably a tad shy of the Greatest Show on Turf , but a step in the right direction.
First 400 plus since 2020.

I'll take it.

Although Pickett still isn't the guy and until we get a better scheme we don't know how they can be.

Thought this was funny from the Trib:

Madden Monday: Steelers are 'masters of winning games you would never watch again'​

Nothing is assured but the next two opponents are Arizona and NE. Steelers may be staring at 9-4 with 4 to play.

Last edited:
Given the state of the QB injuries in the AFC North the Steelers are at least fortunate there isn’t much drop off (if any) from Kenny to Mitch or Mason.

Thought this was funny from the Trib:

Madden Monday: Steelers are 'masters of winning games you would never watch again'​

Nothing is assured but the next two opponents are Arizona and NE. Steelers may be staring at 9-4 with 4 to play.
AZ and NE...2 games they should win but we all know the M.O. of this team so.....1-1 at best and maybe 0-2.

AZ and NE...2 games they should win but we all know the M.O. of this team so.....1-1 at best and maybe 0-2.
I get it. The games are in Pittsburgh so I like the odds. Colts, Seahawks,Ravens away will probably be a problem. Might try to catch the Indy game in person.

Last edited:
I was happy to see that they played with a lot more enthusiasm and positive body language. They actually threw the ball down the field. My only complaint is to lose the swing pass, it has only produced negative results. Going to the gym this morning was much more enjoyable than last week, lol.

How awesome was this! More of this!
Pat Fr. 2023-11-27_11-19-13.png

I was happy to see that they played with a lot more enthusiasm and positive body language. They actually threw the ball down the field. My only complaint is to lose the swing pass, it has only produced negative results. Going to the gym this morning was much more enjoyable than last week, lol.
Except Diontae. Lame excuse for not helping on the fumble by Jaylen. I do wish the Steelers had challenged the TD as it was pointed out he took three steps and that means catch/control.

The 43 yder from Pickett to Pickens was a great throw and a great catch............. on Hilton (who i still love).

Last edited:
It is nice to know this team can play an nfl offense with a competent OC. I’m sure as the weeks go by they will add some new wrinkles to the play calling, but much better than the dumpster fire we’ve been watching for 3 years.
Some things can be added but the basic scheme isnt likely to change much until the offseason but dang, over 400 yards for the first time in nearly 60 games? Makes you wonder huh....

We had a HS coach get fired after week 1 one season. We put in a new offense after Monday's practice that consisted of 4-6 run plays and 3-4 pass plays.

and won that weekend ha!\

but I digress.

Some things can be added but the basic scheme isnt likely to change much until the offseason but dang, over 400 yards for the first time in nearly 60 games? Makes you wonder huh....

We had a HS coach get fired after week 1 one season. We put in a new offense after Monday's practice that consisted of 4-6 run plays and 3-4 pass plays.

and won that weekend ha!\

but I digress.
If you got some kids that can play that’s all you need. Just run the plays out of different sets and formations.

Pitt schedule Capture.PNG

Cards (2-9) in Pitt, a must win (8-4)
Pats (2-9) in Pitt, a must win (9-4) but its NE and as a Steeler fan you can never trust Bill.
@colts (6-5) (idk lets call this a loss, 9-5)
Bengals (5-6) in Pitt, a must win (we could be at 10-5)
@Seahawks (6-5)
@Ravens (9-3) This game is a division game so anything can happen. We will call it a loss. Maybe Balt needs to win for playoff seeding.

This schedule is doable. 11-6 is possible. Get some defensive players back. Offense gets rolling. Of course we can't hang with the top teams in the AFC but a 10-12 win season would be pretty good in my book. Once again the Steelers would finish higher than EVERYONE predicted.

I got 10-7. Steelers beat Cards, Pats, Bengals. However I think Colts and Seahawks are toss ups and as long as the Ravens need to win in week 18 they will. I’m more interested to see if there is more improvement in the offense this week v.Cards.

If the offense builds week-to-week on what they did Sunday, by the last two weeks they'll be a team no one wants to play.

• James Harrison, LB – 2002-2012, 2014-17 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2013 Cincinnati Bengals, 2017 New England Patriots
  • Hines Ward, WR – 1998-2011 Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Fame semifinalist:

Do these two get in? I also posted this question on the Hall of Fame thread.

Ward...top 15 ever in receptions should say probably yes, but really at no time did we ever feel he was a top WR of the league. just an all out gamer who wasnt a and would block.

Was born without an ALC and didnt know until draft combine medical stuff.

I didnt follow college at all so I had no idea whom he was, He was only 82 passing yards away from 1000 in passing (918) rushing (1066) and receiving (1965) in his career.

Harrison, Probably wasnt great for long enough, but man was a beast at his best.
Dude was undrafted, released a couple of times.

Thought I had read one time that he only got signed again because a LB broke his foot by dropping a weight on it, so they needed someone and called James and the rest is history.

Just shows that the draft isnt perfect.

Also..wasnt Willie Parker undrafted.

Last edited:
Ward...top 15 ever in receptions should say probably yes, but really at no time did we ever feel he was a top WR of the league. just an all out gamer who wasnt a and would block.

Was born without an ALC and didnt know until draft combine medical stuff.

I didnt follow college at all so I had no idea whom he was, He was only 82 passing yards away from 1000 in passing (918) rushing (1066) and receiving (1965) in his career.

Harrison, Probably wasnt great for long enough, but man was a beast at his best.
Dude was undrafted, released a couple of times.

Thought I had read one time that he only got signed again because a LB broke his foot by dropping a weight on it, so they needed someone and called James and the rest is history.

Just shows that the draft isnt perfect.

Also..wasnt Willie Parker undrafted.
Yes, Ward should be in.

Agree on Harrison’s career as well, but longevity isn’t always rewarded either -

Yes, Ward should be in.

Agree on Harrison’s career as well, but longevity isn’t always rewarded either -

I was surprised Cle LT Thomas only played in 167 games but he played almost 100% of every offensive snap in those 167 games. Cle OLB Clay Matthews was very good but he didn’t have the eye popping stats (sacks, int’s) nor was on any Super Bowl teams. Hopefully someday he gets in via the veterans committee.

I think Hines Ward is a HOF’er, not necessary from a wr ‘weapons’ standpoint but as a true football player. Ward has good enough wr stats to make it. The Steeler-Ravens battles can not be told without Hines Ward. A 2X Super Bowl champ & 1 Time SB MVP. Ward was a flat out football player, never been a better blocking wr.

Love Harrison & his story but I don’t think he gets in. Harrison had perhaps the greatest defensive play in Super Bowl history - great int & return for a td

I was looking in ProFootball Focus and per their site here are the grades of Steeler olinemen through week 11.

Oline:
* C Mason Cole position rank #29
* G Daniels #20
* G Seumalo #29
* T Jones #46
* T Okorafor #52
* T Moore #79
*** Former Steeler G Dotson is #1 and G Green is #44 but he is in season ending IR

Good for Dotson to realize his potential. For some reason he feel out of favor with the Steeler brass/coaching staff. Perhaps the change in scenery and/or scheme had something to do with Dotson improvement.

For next year I think the Steelers will try to upgrade at the center position