2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I’m not sure why you’d put him in at this point unless Owens gets hurt
I’m not sure they will. Like you said unless Owens were to get injured. I’m just hearing his recovery is going well. But personally I have no idea. So like I said I guess we wait and see. I wasn’t able to get to the game early tonight, did he even throw tonight during warmups does anyone know?

Just wondering how we ended up with so many penalty yards as out of the 9 flags , I counted 4 or 5 of the 5 yard variety plus two were face mask penalties of 5 and 15 . Not sure how we ended up with 134 yards ? Am I going nuts here ??
I agree with you I didn’t think we had very many penalties for big yardage 🤔

Agreed and it's a bummer. I'd love to see Avon and Massillon this year as two public schools in their prime. I don't think Avon is long for D2 either. I love that we scrimmage them, but would be nice to get them as a regular season opponent.
If it does end up region 5 vs 6 and 7 vs 8, you definitely have to opportunity for an Avon vs Massillon final. Obviously, both would have to.earn their way there, but it would definitely be possible. Or were you hoping for an Avon vs Massillon semi final?

If it does end up region 5 vs 6 and 7 vs 8, you definitely have to opportunity for an Avon vs Massillon final. Obviously, both would have to.earn their way there, but it would definitely be possible. Or were you hoping for an Avon vs Massillon semi final?
That would be fun and definitely possible. I just get frustrated that unless a Toledo team is in the mix, Massillon automatically gets to meet a Cincy team in Columbus. Avon would be a lot more fun and obviously easier travel for the team and fans.

The private school from Akron with 2500 fans never has to leave NEO in the playoffs even though their travel time to Columbus is exactly the same due to freeway access.

That would be fun and definitely possible. I just get frustrated that unless a Toledo team is in the mix, Massillon automatically gets to meet a Cincy team in Columbus. Avon would be a lot more fun and obviously easier travel for the team and fans.

The private school from Akron with 2500 fans never has to leave NEO in the playoffs even though their travel time to Columbus is exactly the same due to freeway access.
This year I would definitely rather play the Cincy team in the semis

To be fair to that team, half of the players do have a 30 minute plus car ride just to get on the bus.

This year I would definitely rather play the Cincy team in the semis

From a perceived strength of opponent standpoint I would agree it is the easier path this year. I just think it is far less interesting than playing teams up north that you have common opponents and some history with.

Just wondering how we ended up with so many penalty yards as out of the 9 flags , I counted 4 or 5 of the 5 yard variety plus two were face mask penalties of 5 and 15 . Not sure how we ended up with 134 yards ? Am I going nuts here ??
So I went through the play by play stats last night and the penalty yds should have been 79.
False Start - 5
Block in the back - 10
Holding - 24
Encroachment - 5
Offside - 5
Illegal batting - 10
Illegal Sub - 0 (offsetting)
Face mask - 5
Face mask - 15
I have no idea where they came up with 134 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.