2023 HS Season

Region 1

1. Liberty
2. Pick North
3. Mount Vernon
4. Berlin

?????????

Did some people just seed off record? Pick North’s schedule compared to MTV and Berlin’s isn’t even comparable. Pick North’s strongest opponent was New Albany. Berlin and MTV played X, Ignatius, DeSales, Jerome, Hudson, and Darby and MTV also played Moeller and Beavercreek.

I see Berlin decided to hop into Pick North’s quarter of the bracket as well rather than MTV’s or the entire half with Liberty.

Region 2

Ignatius getting the 2nd seed is garbage. Jackson should be 2 based on how they finished the season - beating Moeller, Ignatius and Ed's. I would even put Brecksville ahead of Ignatius this year. Stop seeding schools off their name.

You guys have to realize that there are something like 20+ new schools included in this year’s seeding so those coaches who don’t know as much right now are, yes, probably seeding based off of name and/or record.

It's crazy how many Columbus area schools are now lumped in with the Dayton region. The Hilliard schools, the Dublin schools, Kilbourne are all in the Beavercreek/Centerville region now.

Someone before asked about St X vs the field. Presumably their path now is Elder -> Moeller/Sycamore -> Hudson -> State Finals. That is a much better path than what it could have been.

If I'm Olentangy Liberty, I'm also fairly happy with my draw. The main threats being Mt Vernon -> R3 winner (Beavercreek, Darby, Jerome, Kilbourne) -> State finals

Whoever comes out of R3 and R4 will have had to beat 2 top 10 teams

It's crazy how many Columbus area schools are now lumped in with the Dayton region. The Hilliard schools, the Dublin schools, Kilbourne are all in the Beavercreek/Centerville region now.

Someone before asked about St X vs the field. Presumably their path now is Elder -> Moeller/Sycamore -> Hudson -> State Finals. That is a much better path than what it could have been.

If I'm Olentangy Liberty, I'm also fairly happy with my draw. The main threats being Mt Vernon -> R3 winner (Beavercreek, Darby, Jerome, Kilbourne) -> State finals

Whoever comes out of R3 and R4 will have had to beat 2 top 10 teams
It is quite possible St. X has to play their entire league in consecutive matches (La Salle, Elder, Moe) to advance to Wittenberg. Good luck!

Of course the other 3 GCL S teams have to hold up their end for that to happen.

It is quite possible St. X has to play their entire league in consecutive matches (La Salle, Elder, Moe) to advance to Wittenberg. Good luck!

Of course the other 3 GCL S teams have to hold up their end for that to happen.
I'd be beyond shocked if they weren't playing La Salle in the 2nd round. Think that top half of the bracket will be all chalk. Moe's side of the bracket is definitely a little more interesting with them, Sycamore, Lakota East and Loveland all being there. All solid to strong teams with some studs on each one and decent supporting casts.

You guys have to realize that there are something like 20+ new schools included in this year’s seeding so those coaches who don’t know as much right now are, yes, probably seeding based off of name and/or record.
Is there any discussion or is it just mail in the seeds? Given Berlin dropped themselves right next to Pick North I’d say they didn’t agree at all with them. I doubt even Pick North would agree. They and MTV have been around for a while and both are very familiar with this region. Seems unfortunate after Berlin made such an effort to up their schedule difficulty.

Obviously there’s the “best team will win anyway” mentality where seeding doesn’t matter, but after this thread kept talking about appreciating schedule difficulty I’m surprised there’s not at least a little more chatter. It’s not splitting hairs to identify the top 3 in that region, there’s quite a gap now that there are no Dublin/Hilliard schools.

Of course, Pick North could beat Berlin anyway and make me look stupid so who knows?

Gimme Liberty over MTV in 5 in the Regional Final.

Might as well start the predictions.

For D1, I'll take

Olentangy Liberty (R1)
Hudson (R2)
Hilliard Darby (R3)
St. Xavier (R4)

Olentangy Liberty over X in the finals

Is there any discussion or is it just mail in the seeds? Given Berlin dropped themselves right next to Pick North I’d say they didn’t agree at all with them. I doubt even Pick North would agree. They and MTV have been around for a while and both are very familiar with this region. Seems unfortunate after Berlin made such an effort to up their schedule difficulty.

Obviously there’s the “best team will win anyway” mentality where seeding doesn’t matter, but after this thread kept talking about appreciating schedule difficulty I’m surprised there’s not at least a little more chatter. It’s not splitting hairs to identify the top 3 in that region, there’s quite a gap now that there are no Dublin/Hilliard schools.

Of course, Pick North could beat Berlin anyway and make me look stupid so who knows?

Gimme Liberty over MTV in 5 in the Regional Final.
I was told that everything; seeding, all-region teams, coach of the year, etc., was done virtually via voting tools and that the only thing done in person was bracket placement. Definitely a step backward from year’s past where actual discussion went into these things

I was told that everything; seeding, all-region teams, coach of the year, etc., was done virtually via voting tools and that the only thing done in person was bracket placement. Definitely a step backward from year’s past where actual discussion went into these things
There was no in-person discussion about any of that in the meetings previously from my knowledge.

In the old days, there was discussion, but not in quite a few years I believe.

I got them losing 3nd round
They will lose the match on 5/17. St. Ignatius will most likely play Massillon Jackson or Brecksville-Broadview Heights on 5/17. St. Ignatius has lost to both of these teams this year (at the end of the season). Their best win came against Olentangy Liberty at the beginning of the season. They struggled to pull out a five set win against Stow-Munroe Falls. They lost to St. Edward. They lost to St. Vincent-St. Mary. St. Ignatius should not be a 2 seed. If by some Jesuit miracle St. Ignatius wins on 5/17 we can predict a 3-1 loss to Hudson in the regional final.

Any updates on regional awards?
Nothing concrete, but heard that Walsh didn't win POY in Region 4 which is insane to me. Meyer from X got it. Deserving kid, but just depends on how you view POY I guess. I've said it before, but if you take Walsh away, Sycamore likely isn't even winning the GMC, let alone getting the 3 seed in Region 4 and are probably closer to a .500 team.

Nothing concrete, but heard that Walsh didn't win POY in Region 4 which is insane to me. Meyer from X got it. Deserving kid, but just depends on how you view POY I guess. I've said it before, but if you take Walsh away, Sycamore likely isn't even winning the GMC, let alone getting the 3 seed in Region 4 and are probably closer to a .500 team.
If that’s the case, a little more motivation perhaps when the Aves play @ X tonight.

Didn’t know this site existed. Nice to have!
please fix the typo...

obsvca our-league

Screenshot 2023-05-04 131949.jpg

Brackets are open for predictions. I'll update the names for the slots with two teams as those matches happen.

Division I
Division II

I assume the email requirement at the end is to discourage duplicate entries. Throw whatever junk email you want in there.