2023 HS Season

Fair point and well understood that the CYO development impact has within boys VB. Probably the only sport that holds true. That is only a partial answer to the success though.

For a moment let’s use your and VBFAN24’s logic to look at soccer. There are youth development programs across the state in almost every community. In fact I ran one, so the answer is, yes, there are…even at ridiculously early ages. Yet magically, when it comes to high school, Iggy has won 7 of the last 10 State titles. Really? Still not willing to admit that is fishy? If not, that borders on willful ignorance and content to be on the winning side. So yeah, to be direct, there is a level of tainted titles when it comes to catholic schools. Like I said, OHSAA has averted their gaze for years, so not to worry teams like Moeller can continue to rack up titles.

Furthermore plenty of parents that their high performing athletic kids were ”encouraged“ to come play at a catholic school across various sports. Even if a coach didn’t encourage a kid and it was a kids choice, the private schools reap the benefit of collecting players across a region. And yes, even in boys VB this season. Let’s just be honest here about the illusion of parity in high school sports. Just go talk with a few public school ADs.

Still not sure why a few are triggered by a comment celebrating the accomplishments of the public side who don‘t have the opportunity to play with the same rules the private schools.

This could be a novel of a response, and I could explain it much more thoroughly and in better details etc.......but it kind of is what it is.

Things cost money.
JO & lessons cost money.
Those willing to spend 10-17k annually on high school = more likely to pay what it costs for athletics in the off-season.
It's the same reasons you see it in Girls sports as well.

I'm not as well versed in the histories of all sports across Ohio....however I would be willing to bet other sports with off-season price tags are also similar (Baseball, Tennis, Soccer, Football)
Sports such as track or wrestling - I would be willing to bet have a better blend of Public/Private champions - but maybe I'm way off in guessing that

**But let's not also kid ourselves. If athletics are on the radar - especially athletics at a high level - it's not outside of logical reasoning that parents would want to send their kid to the best programs with the best coaching that also have routine chances to compete for state titles. It's the same reasons why parents move into public schools like Colerain or Winton Woods or Princeton if their kids are elite at Football.
Maybe I'm crazy...but I see at less as tampering and more as choice on the part of players/parents