2023 Football

I’m hearing people say the timing is bad- but it is February not May and a couple of hundred kids (including some talented athletes) just put deposits down to join the class for next year, plus Elder got a dozen more Moeller kids committed to play college ball this week. Timing is actually just fine

I’m hearing people say the timing is bad- but it is February not May and a couple of hundred kids (including some talented athletes) just put deposits down to join the class for next year, plus Elder got a dozen more Moeller kids committed to play college ball this week. Timing is actually just fine
I’d say literal timing is ok…but look at where this program was going. That’s the timing that I think needs to be addressed. This team was on the rise in one of the toughest divisions in the nation. Now a new coach has to come in and honestly try not to screw it up. I fear bringing somebody in who wants to tear it down and built it himself. The timing for the future is not good, not good at all.

I’d say literal timing is ok…but look at where this program was going. That’s the timing that I think needs to be addressed. This team was on the rise in one of the toughest divisions in the nation. Now a new coach has to come in and honestly try not to screw it up. I fear bringing somebody in who wants to tear it down and built it himself. The timing for the future is not good, not good at all.
Ehh- it is not the worst either. The bigger factor will be if Jordan Marshal leaves which he may if a college he chooses asks him to enroll early. Moeller cannot offer early graduation due to archdiocese requirements. We saw this with Paris at St. X a couple of years ago when he went to Princeton his senior year. My sincere hope is Jordan stays just for his own experience of walking the stage with his Moeller brothers but selfishly so there is not the incessant cackling on here that he is leaving because of the coaching change and Moeller is a “mess”.

Per the media (if that even holds water these days) and inside Moe folks, Coach Elder was assisting in finding a replacement. Perhaps timing is everything with this. We will know in the coming weeks. I respect he wanted to be there for the signing ceremony with his players.

He is a good coach, but an even better person.
I would not be surprised if we see him coach again down the road, just not at Moeller. It’s hard to take the “coach” out of a guy that’s done it his entire life. He has been successful, and is still relatively young.

Moeller is not an easy place to coach football.

Last edited:
Ehh- it is not the worst either. The bigger factor will be if Jordan Marshal leaves which he may if a college he chooses asks him to enroll early. Moeller cannot offer early graduation due to archdiocese requirements. We saw this with Paris at St. X a couple of years ago when he went to Princeton his senior year. My sincere hope is Jordan stays just for his own experience of walking the stage with his Moeller brothers but selfishly so there is not the incessant cackling on here that he is leaving because of the coaching change and Moeller is a “mess”.
Moeller has already told Jordan Marshall he will be allowed to graduate early if needed. This is not an AOC thing, it is a school thing. Carly Hendrickson graduated MND early so she could enroll early at Florida for volleyball. It just seems to take a special athlete to make it happen. As for StX I got a feeling it wouldn't matter if it was Joe Burrow, they are not changing their rules for anyone and StX is also not a part of the AOC. To each their own, I just think once you open pandora's box you now have to make it available to all students.

Timing seems to be fine. Moeller has a pretty good crop of incoming freshmen but StX cleaned up in regards to football. I know these things can change every season but this is the second year in row that StX pretty much taken the cake. I might even place Lasalle's incoming freshmen class ahead of Moeller.

Mark Elder did a better job than I ever thought he would do. I also think the job is a lot better spot now than when he took the job.

Does Moeller consider reaching out to Nick Yordy at Badin. Hard to ignore what he is doing.

Moeller has already told Jordan Marshall he will be allowed to graduate early if needed. This is not an AOC thing, it is a school thing. Carly Hendrickson graduated MND early so she could enroll early at Florida for volleyball. It just seems to take a special athlete to make it happen. As for StX I got a feeling it wouldn't matter if it was Joe Burrow, they are not changing their rules for anyone and StX is also not a part of the AOC. To each their own, I just think once you open pandora's box you now have to make it available to all students.
Correct. I believe Fickell’s oldest kid graduated from Moe early as well.

Boy, do I have some St X stories for you if you actually believe what you just typed. You can’t spell “exception” without X. I won’t even say specific names because I actually know and like several of these individuals and it wouldn’t be fair to them, but man is your post ill-informed.

Boy, do I have some St X stories for you if you actually believe what you just typed. You can’t spell “exception” without X. I won’t even say specific names because I actually know and like several of these individuals and it wouldn’t be fair to them, but man is your post ill-informed.
that time of month... didn't realize Yappi had spell check police

Let it rip... All I said was StX does not allow any of their students to graduate early. If you know some athletes that have graduated early to enroll in college then lets hear it. Having multiple boys and nephews that have graduated from StX I don't think they makes exceptions for anyone. The school is very rigid in just about every way possible. I will also tell you the StX culture is not for everyone and at times it drove me notes.

Let it rip... All I said was StX does not allow any of their students to graduate early. If you know some athletes that have graduated early to enroll in college then let’s hear it. Having multiple boys and nephews that have graduated from StX I don't think they makes exceptions for anyone. The school is very rigid in just about every way possible. I will also tell you the StX culture is not for everyone and at times it drove me notes.
So as not to mention the names of people who were kids, and through no fault of their own, had exceptions made for them… let’s just say the school wasn’t so “rigid” when it came to the married (at the time) head coach of a particularly visible sport and his “misgivings” with a married female colleague. Poor female colleague wasn’t granted the same latitude as her tango partner when it came time to renew contracts. I can’t possibly imagine why. This, just one very illustrative example.

So as not to mention the names of people who were kids, and through no fault of their own, had exceptions made for them… let’s just say the school wasn’t so “rigid” when it came to the married (at the time) head coach of a particularly visible sport and his “misgivings” with a married female colleague. Poor female colleague wasn’t granted the same latitude as her tango partner when it came time to renew contracts. I can’t possibly imagine why. This, just one very illustrative example.
what the heck does that have to do with allowing athletes to graduate early? if you have some good stx gossip then so be it, but stay on subject. stx isn't perfect, but it is a very rigid school with ursuline following a close second. only problem with ursuline is it has become a liberal left winged institution.

A complete and total lie....you have absolutely no credibility

what the heck does that have to do with allowing athletes to graduate early? if you have some good stx gossip then so be it, but stay on subject. stx isn't perfect, but it is a very rigid school with ursuline following a close second. only problem with ursuline is it has become a liberal left winged institution.
He doesn't. He's typical EE troll.
He's the pot that wants X to be a kettle and join them in their cesspool of recruiting violations that they have practiced since 1963

He's the pot that wants X to be a kettle and join them in their cesspool of recruiting violations that they have practiced since 1963
Troll? Are you really THAT self-unaware that you don’t see the irony in calling someone a “troll” whilst literally trolling a rival school’s forum?
A complete and total lie....you have absolutely no credibility
What is a lie? I didn’t provide names. How do you even know whom I’m referencing? Or do you already know whom I’m referencing because you know the dirty little secret too?

Last edited:
I may be mistaken but in order to fulfill the graduation requirements the archdiocese requires 4 full years of religion. If they are doing waivers that is surprising to me

Beware of this troll aka ReJect. He is a social "leper". GBM 💪 🏈

I may be mistaken but in order to fulfill the graduation requirements the archdiocese requires 4 full years of religion. If they are doing waivers that is surprising to me
It’s been done at Moe and MND recently. In fact the MND player that enrolled early at Florida, already transferred.

I think the MND player was actually the first athlete to graduate early for the purpose of enrolling early for athletics and Moeller has given the green light to Marshall. Times are a changing.

They don't have to be waivers, religion classes are semester classes, there is nothing to say you couldn't take 2 first semester, the second essentially filling in the block of an elective credit.

They don't have to be waivers, religion classes are semester classes, there is nothing to say you couldn't take 2 first semester, the second essentially filling in the block of an elective credit.
That’s not been our experience as certain ones are only offered in fall vs spring so seems impossible to do 2 at once. But again- not an expert

That’s not been our experience as certain ones are only offered in fall vs spring so seems impossible to do 2 at once. But again- not an expert
It has changed, specifically for religion. And to each their own I suppose.

The reason(s) to enroll at your respective university are different for each kid. Potential playing time and/or learning a system were always factors. Of course now, NIL has definitely changed the landscape altogether.

Like Mr. FourthAndOne mentioned above, times are changing.

Let’s look at some numbers:

Regular Season Records since ‘01
StX: 152 - 62, 4 State Titles, 2 Head Coaches
Elder: 142 - 70, 2 State Titles, 1 Head Coach
Moeller: 134 - 79 2 State Titles, 5 Head Coaches

Regular Season Records since 2012
Elder: 69 - 35, 1 State Runner Up, 1 Head Coach
StX: 68 - 38, 2 State Titles, 1 Head Coach
Moeller: 61 - 44, 2 State Titles, 4 Head Coaches

Moeller Head Coach Records since ‘01
Rodenberg: 65-35, 2 State Titles
Bob Crable: 44-24, 6 Playoff Appearances
Mark Elder: 17-8, 3 Playoff Appearances
Doug Rosfeld: 6-4, 1 Playoff Appearance
Todd Naumann: 2-8

Moe will get a great coach to follow Mark Elder. There is plenty of winning talent in the program.
Got to get the right coach because the well can dry up quick. We all thought Rosfeld had the program going in the right direction and it turned into an absolute disaster the following year. I think the higher ups learned a lesson on that one so I think they will do their due diligence like they did with the Elder hire. During the last hiring process, I don’t remember even hearing the name Mark Elder being thrown around when everyone was speculating who it may be. So maybe Marshall will pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Alex Garvin is doing something right at Kings. I am not even sure how Brian Castner is still employed at Mason - biggest under achiever in OHSSA.

What about going on in on Tom Bolden? Now that all of his son's and family members are done playing for him seems like it could be a homerun hire for Moeller.
Fenwick HC ever discussed?