2023 Football

I have never seen a team look so STUPID, play so poorly and still gat a W. But as I always say, GBM 💪 🏈

Yeah, the defense was very undisciplined last night with some penalties that kept LaSalle on the field. The team seemed flat last night. Maybe a let down game from X. They better come ready to play next week. Their offense is going to put up some points. I think we may have shootout at the Pit.

Yeah, the defense was very undisciplined last night with some penalties that kept LaSalle on the field. The team seemed flat last night. Maybe a let down game from X. They better come ready to play next week. Their offense is going to put up some points. I think we may have shootout at the Pit.
Moe will be ready to go next week for a shot at winning the league outright.

I’d like to know how many times McLaughlin was going to be allowed on the field yelling and whining about every no call by refs or tackle by a Moe player. My count was up to 4—with no flag from a ref.

I expect the Elder game to be very similar to this past week. Competitive, but I think Moe secures a lead throughout. Elders O can be pretty sneaky and scheme up playcalls to expose holes in opposing Ds for big gains. BUT I think we have enough speed in the secondary to cover their guys downfield allowing the Lbs to blitz. The Elder D has been weak against the run in their bigger games this year aka JMarsh has a big game. I predict a 31-21 win. GBM!!!

Elder is very hard to stop on the offensive end because they are simply one of the most efficient offenses in the state. They are not sexy or explosive in the run or pass game, but both grind you to death with mis-matches in numbers, mis-direction, and taking what is given. It's so hard to guard consistently.

In saying that, a back like Marshall is Elder's worse nightmare. Their krytonite is speed, and they have been dinged by every speed back they have played this year. They are extremely vulnerable to the big play run, and Moe has the person just to do that.

Agree that this one may be very high scoring. I think these two teams are very close in talent, but Marshall puts them over the top. IMO, the regional champ will be either Moe, Elder, or LW.

I would also say that I think Ramsey has passed Specht as the best head coach in the city. He simply gets it done every year without near the elite talent some of the state powers have.

Elder is very hard to stop on the offensive end because they are simply one of the most efficient offenses in the state. They are not sexy or explosive in the run or pass game, but both grind you to death with mis-matches in numbers, mis-direction, and taking what is given. It's so hard to guard consistently.

In saying that, a back like Marshall is Elder's worse nightmare. Their krytonite is speed, and they have been dinged by every speed back they have played this year. They are extremely vulnerable to the big play run, and Moe has the person just to do that.

Agree that this one may be very high scoring. I think these two teams are very close in talent, but Marshall puts them over the top. IMO, the regional champ will be either Moe, Elder, or LW.

I would also say that I think Ramsey has passed Specht as the best head coach in the city. He simply gets it done every year without near the elite talent some of the state powers have.

For as critical as you are about the culture at Elder, you sure feel the need to go onto Moeller's page and tell everyone how great they are?

For as critical as you are about the culture at Elder, you sure feel the need to go onto Moeller's page and tell everyone how great they are?
1. Regardless of what those Elder boys say, I call it how it is and am as objective as they come
2. How great they are? Not really. Again, just an objective observation based on what I've seen. And Ramsey is a very good coach.

I can certainly give my objective opinion on Moe's program if you want. But no one blatantly contradicts things that are happening right in front of everyone's faces. There are plenty of people in this forum who aren't afraid to question some questionable things. Just be real, and you get spared the wrath of me, not that that means anything.

Last edited:
I mean, those Elder guys blamed background music that Moe was playing as a reason for a recent loss a couple years ago. How can you ignore responding to that?

They also accuse your school of cheating any chance they get, but especially when you beat them. They live in fantasy land on the open borders topic.

And please please please have the Elder/Moe game next year at MSJ. I want Omar to have a nervous breakdown over it.

250 tickets for Elder, for band and family members.

And please please please have the Elder/Moe game next year at MSJ. I want Omar to have a nervous breakdown over it.

250 tickets for Elder, for band and family members.

I would guess Moeller probably goes back to UD for that game next year. Almost 10k, and great atmosphere for the St. X game a few weeks ago. I was told that Moeller cannot play at Nipper because the B12 doesn't allow H.S games on their stadiums? Looks like Moe 3-4 years away from having their own stadium.

I would guess Moeller probably goes back to UD for that game next year. Almost 10k, and great atmosphere for the St. X game a few weeks ago. I was told that Moeller cannot play at Nipper because the B12 doesn't allow H.S games on their stadiums? Looks like Moe 3-4 years away from having their own stadium.
I'd still like to witness the Omar meltdown.

Freshman final:

Moe 41
E 6

Lots of music apparently.

Is Elder that bad?

They aren't that bad. The last 3 seasons have been really head scratching on the freshman level. For example, they have 4-5 good QBs in the freshman class who obviously all cannot play QB1. That means 3-4 of your best athletes are sitting on the sideline when they could be playing DB, WR, wherever. They somehow have a couple of the best athletes playing 2nd string behind lesser players. They rotate 2nd team in a lot even though they have a B game the day after the GCL game. They did play St. Xavier tough and should have won that game so I am surprised Moeller beat them that bad despite above.

They aren't that bad. The last 3 seasons have been really head scratching on the freshman level. For example, they have 4-5 good QBs in the freshman class who obviously all cannot play QB1. That means 3-4 of your best athletes are sitting on the sideline when they could be playing DB, WR, wherever. They somehow have a couple of the best athletes playing 2nd string behind lesser players. They rotate 2nd team in a lot even though they have a B game the day after the GCL game. They did play St. Xavier tough and should have won that game so I am surprised Moeller beat them that bad despite above.
Obvious question - why don't they just move them up or play them somewhere else?

Obvious question - why don't they just move them up or play them somewhere else?

Estep plays JV QB1. He was hurt last week and I don't know if he will play Saturday either. That still leaves Queen, Andriacco, Paff, Schroder all playing QB still. Paff has seen time at WR at least.

Elder literally does not give a RATS @ss about freshman football so the score is meaningless.
WHO exactly is this Elder you speak of that doesn’t care? It certainly wasn’t the families grumbling in the stands or the guys getting stomped on the field, believe me, they cared.…

WHO exactly is this Elder you speak of that doesn’t care? It certainly wasn’t the families grumbling in the stands or the guys getting stomped on the field, believe me, they cared.…
Since they banned me again from the Elder forum, I guess I have to discuss this here.

You are absolutely right. People care. Alot. It's all a defense mechanism knowing the talent is down.

Alot of "who cares" when the Freshman team is 1-7. If they were 7-1, they'd be singing a different tune. Alot of people realize that Elder isn't going to go after talent, so it's going to be up to the staff to develop what they have over their careers. Elder has a great coaching staff to do it, but they need more horses to compete year in and year out at the state power level.

But as I've said for years, they are who they are. It's not changing anytime soon unless they flip the leadership and coaching staff, which also isn't happening.

The GCYL feeder talent is way down on the westside and has been for a few years. That's 98% of their team with not much of a desire to change it. The Elder kids will still fight you to the death though. Tough as nails.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of discussion regarding Elder freshman football. From what I have seen the past few years their talent level has not been very good. Maybe they are better than it seems as has been suggested we'll find out in the coming years. The only teams that matter are playing tonight.

Seems like a lot of discussion regarding Elder freshman football. From what I have seen the past few years their talent level has not been very good. Maybe they are better than it seems as has been suggested we'll find out in the coming years. The only teams that matter are playing tonight.
The talent is down. But the coaching staff is very good.

They will get them to what they typically are, but state title runs may be elusive in the coming years. To be honest, I think Elder has a shot this year to make a run. I think Moe has a similar shot.

Who won the Moe/E B game last night? I have a guess but haven't heard a score.

Since they banned me again from the Elder forum, I guess I have to discuss this here.

You are absolutely right. People care. Alot. It's all a defense mechanism knowing the talent is down.

Alot of "who cares" when the Freshman team is 1-7. If they were 7-1, they'd be singing a different tune. Alot of people realize that Elder isn't going to go after talent, so it's going to be up to the staff to develop what they have over their careers. Elder has a great coaching staff to do it, but they need more horses to compete year in and year out at the state power level.

But as I've said for years, they are who they are. It's not changing anytime soon unless they flip the leadership and coaching staff, which also isn't happening.

The GCYL feeder talent is way down on the westside and has been for a few years. That's 98% of their team with not much of a desire to change it. The Elder kids will still fight you to the death though. Tough as nails.
Do I think freshman scores are the end all be all and predict the future of a program ? Absolutely not, but that guy saying no one cares after the game I just witnessed is utter BS. That said, the Moeller freshman are TOUGH- they are not undefeated by luck. They have almost 100 guys with a lot of rising talent on offense and their defense is full of studs.
These kids came in to Moeller with yet another coaching change so kudos to them for taking a leap of faith. Having watched a couple of their games, I must say the freshman coaching staff (including Hyzdu) is pretty great- big time energy the boys feed off.

The reactions from both sides should be interesting after tonight's game. Prediction:

Moe - 24
Elder - 23

Could be another coin-flip game. X, Moe and Elder are all very close.