2023 College Football Playoff

Well they won 2 other titles in my lifetime. How many have you seen ND win again ?

Also I guess you have joined the leftist side where any accusations are true even if they are proven false. Because with FSU, that accuser was full of crap and shredded for it. But good to know how you operate 👍

With the Browns side, I don't think you get what rape is. Could be hard to contemplate what sex forced or unforced is coming from a virgin though.

You have nothing though so you are pivoting similar to a politician caught in a lie
Yeah, bc I’m sure the multiple allegations are all made up. Not to mention the other questionable behavior while he was at FSU. His behavior was so bad, even Jimbo had to suspend him for the Clemson game.

Yeah, bc I’m sure the multiple allegations are all made up. Not to mention the other questionable behavior while he was at FSU. His behavior was so bad, even Jimbo had to suspend him for the Clemson game.
You are conflating Watson here with FSU. Something that has zero to do with FSU or ND . You are pathetically reaching because you have no argument. So you are attempting to take shots and failing.

I don't make personnel decisions for the Browns. If people gave up on a team for having a bad character, no fanbase would have a team to cheer for. Including the Bengals and Steelers

Jameis Winston was suspended for getting on a picnic table and shouting sexually vulgar stuff. Stupid and immature sure. But to act like it's crazy behavior from college kids. Get real.

The rape accusation was indeed proven false. But again nice to know you are a guy who takes any accusation as fact

If you ever have sex, make sure to document everything I guess.

Again you have nothing here. You are going way off the topic because you cant argue for ND except if you go back to stuff before you were born.

Last edited:
But those 2 are flash in the pans. Sustaining success is important. The fact that most cannot illustrates how good the programs who can.
That's fair. But also a little early to say if those two can or cannot sustain success. Part of doing that is keeping head coaches, but when you're in those G5 conferences those jobs are stepping stones.

Difference between TCU and Utah is their two head coaches were there before, stayed during the transition and in Utah's case is still there.

UC has had success in 3 different conferences over the past 20 years (albeit realtive to their history not necessarily someone like OSU), with 4 different head coaches. Same with UCF, who had a good run under Frost and then Huepel, and Malzhan has kept them competitive, as they finished the best of the newbies in the Big 12 this year.

Regional interest only. I would watch Cincinnati vs West Virginia. They are in my region. The other two games? Only if nothing else was on.

We agree. These are national brands that have national interest. Cut off the head of a snake and it dies. Texas and Oklahoma were the head of the Big 12.

The BIG isn't replacing teams. They are adding teams to try and improve their brand. Was Utah offered? Utah < Oregon, Washington, USC and UCLA on the national landscape.

If the ACC breaks up, isn't that what will happen?
Well the B1G and SEC won't be taking all of those ACC schools. So I imagine they'll end up in the Big 12 or maybe some to the Big East for all sports and Independent for football.

I do agree with all of you, that we're moving towards a breakoff with the B1G and SEC, but I think it may come with some downsizing or trimming of the fat in those conferences as well. Will they be replaced with teams outside of those two current conferences, that remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Well the B1G and SEC won't be taking all of those ACC schools. So I imagine they'll end up in the Big 12 or maybe some to rhe Big East for all sports and Independent for football.

I do agree with all of you, that we're moving towards a breakoff with the B1G and SEC, but I think it may come with some downsizing or trimming of the fat in those conferences as well. Will they be replaced with teams outside of those two current conferences, thay remains to be seen.
Yeah I agree on this. Your school will be just fine in the Big 12 as it will be probably end up the best conference outside of the power 2

I personally think the only ones from the acc guaranteed in the power 2 are FSU, Clemson and North Carolina. One can argue the sec and big would both want a team from NC and VA so that could get uva/NC state/ va tech in. Think Miami is on the bubble

Also I doubt each goes huge to 24, but if they did you never know on the sec wanting other Texas schools or Oklahoma State. Or either wanting to get into Arizona

It's a crapshoot. Only way the big 12 won't be ahead of the acc would be if the sec or big raided their best too. Then you could get a merge or maybe the acc raids to get wvu and Cincy types depending on circumstances

I guess we can look back over the past 9 years and create what that would look like. Would be interesting to see.
Responded to this the other day and it clearly wasn't what you were saying lol. My fault, here is what you were looking for:

#1 Alabama
#2 Oregon
#3 Florida St
#4 Ohio State
#5 Baylor

#1 Clemson
#2 Alabama
#3 Michigan St
#4 Oklahoma
#6 Stanford

#1 Alabama
#2 Clemson
#3 Ohio State
#4 Washington
#7 Oklahoma

#1 Clemson
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Georgia
#5 Ohio State
#8 USC

#1 Alabama
#2 Clemson
#4 Oklahoma
#6 Ohio State
#8 UCF
*Notre Dame was #3
**Washington was #9

#1 LSU
#2 Ohio State
#3 Clemson
#4 Oklahoma
#6 Oregon

#1 Alabama
#2 Clemson
#3 Ohio State
#6 Oklahoma
*Notre Dame was ranked #4

#1 Alabama
#2 Michigan
#3 Cincinnati
#4 Ohio State
*Notre Dame was #5
**Baylor was #7

#1 Georgia
#2 Michigan
#3 TCU
#4 Ohio State
#7 Clemson

#1 Michigan
#2 Washington
#3 Texas
#4 Alabama
#5 Florida State

Coach Prime just likes to hear himself talk. Alabama won the SEC championship game, you're not going to leave out a team from the best conference in college football, there is little to no debate about that. Washington is unbeaten and has a better resume than Florida State. Texas beat Alabama on the road.
Most years that is true. This year it is not. The SEC had a losing record out of conference against P5 schools, including going 4-6 against the ACC.

My proposal is to break off the top 30-40 D1 college football programs and put them into regionalized divisions. MAKE them play each other during the season, like the NFL does. For simplicity sake, let's just go with 40. 4-10 team divisions across the country. You play the 9 other team in your division. You take two teams from each division and put them in a playoff, first place from each division plays a 2nd place team from another division. That's week 10. Week 11 the winners play each other and the finals is week 12. You would have a much more fair system, with less subjectivity. The biggest issue with college football is most of the top teams do not play each other, so you have little to compare. Get the scheduling out of the schools hands. That's the biggest problem with the current system. How could this look?
East - Penn State, Clemson, South Carolina, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, North Carolina and Duke
Mideast - Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Louisville, Kentucky, Notre Dame
Midwest - LSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Nebraska, Texas, TCU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Baylor.
West - Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA, Utah, Arizona, Oregon State, Boise State, Washington State, Cal.

Now I'd have some system where you can move teams in and out of these 40 based on records and competition. There is only 8-10 programs annually that have a legitimate shot at winning it all anyway, so why have the other 80-100 teams to just be scrimmage games for the top programs.
A lot of what you have here makes sense, probably too much sense so they'll all find a way to screw it up. Promotion/Relegation is interesting as well.

If the Pac still existed and expanded, taking OSU, Mich. and Penn State, would you consider the remaining BIG a power must watch conference?
Probably not, it would be regional like you said re UC/WVU but again, that doesn't disqualify them from Power status.

And to be clear, I'm not saying the conference is on the same tier as the B1G or SEC. But they're also not on the same tier as the American or Mountain West.

I find it hard to believe that once the ACC implodes, with the desired schools to the B1G and SEC, the leftovers likely to the Big 12, that the schools in the Big 12 are just going to accept being left out in the cold. Especially when you have teams like: Purdue, Indiana, Vandy and Kentucky all still being included in those other two conferences.

Now I also realize that it isn't entirely up to them, as much as it is TVs, and other factors but there is still a market for that conference and those games, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten a deal done moving forward without Texas and Oklahoma.

A lot of what you have here makes sense, probably too much sense so they'll all find a way to screw it up. Promotion/Relegation is interesting as well.
This is blowing up the current system, and it's only for football. The major issue I see is that these athletic departments are supposed to work in the interest of all sports, not just one or two. I just thing from a competitive balance standpoint for football, you have to break off the top programs because it's silly to keep this charade going on.
Indiana will never win the big ten, nor a national championship in football. Never, and I mean never. So what are we doing? The biggest problem with the playoff format now is there isn't enough data to effective pick the 4 best teams for the playoff. Well, just eliminate the 80+ teams that have no shot, and make the top teams play each other and find out once and for all who the best are.

IMG_6538.jpeg

Probably not, it would be regional like you said re UC/WVU but again, that doesn't disqualify them from Power status.

And to be clear, I'm not saying the conference is on the same tier as the B1G or SEC. But they're also not on the same tier as the American or Mountain West.

I find it hard to believe that once the ACC implodes, with the desired schools to the B1G and SEC, the leftovers likely to the Big 12, that the schools in the Big 12 are just going to accept being left out in the cold. Especially when you have teams like: Purdue, Indiana, Vandy and Kentucky all still being included in those other two conferences.

Now I also realize that it isn't entirely up to them, as much as it is TVs, and other factors but there is still a market for that conference and those games, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten a deal done moving forward without Texas and Oklahoma.
Keep in mind that the conferences, particularly the Big, are formed based on academics first. So while any number of those schools have zero chance of ever winning a title, they won’t be jettisoned from the conference. Given we already have too many teams in FBS, there really isn’t a good reason to add teams to the power 5, or power 4 conferences. The teams added recently to the BIG12 don’t need to be part of the current playoff system.

Keep in mind that the conferences, particularly the Big, are formed based on academics first. So while any number of those schools have zero chance of ever winning a title, they won’t be jettisoned from the conference. Given we already have too many teams in FBS, there really isn’t a good reason to add teams to the power 5, or power 4 conferences. The teams added recently to the BIG12 don’t need to be part of the current playoff system.
The new proposed Super D1 may take of all of this, as those lesser B1G schools will have to decide if they want to play ball like the big boys. I'm also not surprised on your stance there, as you didn't think UC deserved their Playoff bid in 2021 either.