2023 Boys Soccer State Tournament Pairings

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
2023 Boys Soccer State Tournament Pairings
Brackets and Tournament Coverage: https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/Soccer/Soccer-2023/2023-OHSAA-State-Tournament-Coverage
Designated home team listed first.

Division I
Cleveland St. Ignatius vs. Medina, Wednesday, 7 p.m. at Brunswick High School Auto Mart Stadium
Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller vs. Columbus St. Charles, Wednesday, 7 p.m. at Wright State University
State Championship: Sat., Nov. 11, 4 p.m. at Historic Crew Stadium, Columbus

Division II
Columbus Bishop Watterson vs. Tipp City Tippecanoe, Wednesday, 7 p.m., at Marysville High School IMPACT Stadium
Mentor Lake Catholic vs. Richfield Revere, Wednesday, 7 p.m., at Twinsburg High School Tiger Stadium
State Championship: Sat., Nov. 11, 1 p.m. at Historic Crew Stadium, Columbus

Division III
Willoughby Andrews Osborne vs. Ottoville, Wednesday, 7 p.m., at Clyde Robert J. Bishop Jr. Stadium
Worthington Christian vs. Waynesville, Wednesday, 7 p.m., at Xenia Doug Adams Stadium
State Championship: Sat., Nov. 11, 7 p.m. at Historic Crew Stadium, Columbus

Does anyone know why OHSAA picked Wright State to host the D1 semi-finals when it has probably one of the smallest stands of any of the colleges in the SW part of the state?
Probably base it on ticket sales for the teams historically and figure it won’t be a sellout

Does anyone know why OHSAA picked Wright State to host the D1 semi-finals when it has probably one of the smallest stands of any of the colleges in the SW part of the state?
Probably because OHSAA is inept and typically doesn’t spend much time worrying about anything south of Columbus. The Moeller vs. St. X regional final sold over 1,300 tickets and Wright State holds 650.

Very dumb location. Miamisburg or Vandalia Butler would have been better.
I just looked up the venue for the St. Ignatius-Medina D1 match. It’s at Brunswick High School and seats 10,000 people. Good choice! The Moeller-St. Charles match is at Wright State, which seats 650. Insane! Who at OHSAA thought this was a good idea? All five of the other semifinal games - across all three divisions - are in venues that seat at least 4,000.

Last edited:
I just looked up the venue for the St. Ignatius-Medina D1 match. It’s at Brunswick High School and seats 10,000 people. Good choice! The Moeller-St. Charles match is at Wright State, which seats 650. Insane! Who at OHSAA thought this was a good idea? All five of the other semifinal games - across all three divisions - are in venues that seat at least 4,000.
Perhaps, but as a player I would imagine seeing every inch of the sidelines covered with fans packing around the pitch would be great as well. CJ would have been a great option.

Perhaps, but as a player I would imagine seeing every inch of the sidelines covered with fans packing around the pitch would be great as well. CJ would have been a great option.
That assumes OHSAA allows fans to line the sideline and doesn’t restrict capacity to 650 people.