2023 Benedictine Football

I remember back in the day when they had mutual open dates a call would not even be returned.

Benny sometimes accept Senior transfers more because of non-sport reasons; remember he will not be able to play the last 5 games or in the playoffs so my guess is this has more to do with some reason other than football.
If he's sitting then you're probably 100 percent correct about it being non-sports. I wasn't trying to infer that Benny recruited him over, either. Just kind of surprised he waited his turn at HN and then left before his senior year.

As for past attempts at a game with Strongsville, I wouldn't know, but Benny doesn't seem like a school Strongsville would duck. The only ones they would flat out duck are Ignatius (that one has been known for a while) and probably Ed's now, though they played them home and home in like 2008/2009. They've played a bunch of the other local Catholics over the past 20 years.

It’s pretty rare but it’s a normally a special exception. Last year we had a player, who wanted to play with his brother, and a hockey player who left Holy Name after their team was shut down.
5 years ago had a basketball player who’s dad need to move into Cleveland to join the city council.

However, Seals was at Benedictine all of his junior year.
My bad, I thought he was still at HN last year, so he should be good to play the entire season.

You don’t think Avon Lake could compete with Benedictine the past 10 years? I would think they certainly can? Do you know who initiated the contract this year?
Past 10 years no, how about the 60 or so years prior?

They did play Benny in the '81 Div II playoffs and it was a big deal for AL. Benny kind of sleep walked through that one with an eye on nationally ranked Mooney the following week winning 28-7 or something like that. Don't think they played outside of that playoff game but not sure.

Past 10 years no, how about the 60 or so years prior?

They did play Benny in the '81 Div II playoffs and it was a big deal for AL. Benny kind of sleep walked through that one with an eye on nationally ranked Mooney the following week winning 28-7 or something like that. Don't think they played outside of that playoff game but not sure.
Can Avon compete with Benedictine over the past 10 years?

You don’t think Avon Lake could compete with Benedictine the past 10 years? I would think they certainly can? Do you know who initiated the contract this year?
Don't disagree with you, but since the start of the 2020 season,Benny has played Eds,Massilon,Hoban 4x,Toledo CC,etc. Avon Lake shows up after Benny has their worst season in 90 years,and could actually be worse this season.

Don't disagree with you, but since the start of the 2020 season,Benny has played Eds,Massilon,Hoban 4x,Toledo CC,etc. Avon Lake shows up after Benny has their worst season in 90 years,and could actually be worse this season.
Did Avon Lake initiate the contract? Why the frustration over AL showing up on your schedule?

Benny is a private school and privates traditionally have a difficult time scheduling local teams. Atleast that’s the consensus in D1 and D2.

Did Avon Lake initiate the contract? Why the frustration over AL showing up on your schedule?

Benny is a private school and privates traditionally have a difficult time scheduling local teams. Atleast that’s the consensus in D1 and D2.
Maybe the timing. As mentioned,the only time the 2 have played before was the 1981 playoffs, which Benny won. Benny has had many great teams since then,and instead of traveling all over the state,or out of state,they would have gladly played a local public. Its funny how a 0-10 season,can have teams all of a sudden know your phone number.

Maybe the timing. As mentioned,the only time the 2 have played before was the 1981 playoffs, which Benny won. Benny has had many great teams since then,and instead of traveling all over the state,or out of state,they would have gladly played a local public. Its funny how a 0-10 season,can have teams all of a sudden know your phone number.

0-10 team that lost a lot of transfers as well!
Now phone is ringing

My point is that Avon and AL have traded wins over each other in the past 10 years and several very close games. If Avon can beat Benny (which I would predict every year) then so can Avon Lake.
I said in a previous post I didnt disagree,but from 2013-15,Benny had some great teams.Won the title in 2014,and beat Hoban all 3 years. Something Avon and AL have yet to do.

My point is that Avon and AL have traded wins over each other in the past 10 years and several very close games. If Avon can beat Benny (which I would predict every year) then so can Avon Lake.

If he's sitting then you're probably 100 percent correct about it being non-sports. I wasn't trying to infer that Benny recruited him over, either. Just kind of surprised he waited his turn at HN and then left before his senior year.

As for past attempts at a game with Strongsville, I wouldn't know, but Benny doesn't seem like a school Strongsville would duck. The only ones they would flat out duck are Ignatius (that one has been known for a while) and probably Ed's now, though they played them home and home in like 2008/2009. They've played a bunch of the other local Catholics over the past 20 years.
Strongsville played Iggy many times when Iggy was piling up titles, and they currently play Mentor every year. So I agree,they would play most. Im sad to say nobody will be accused of ducking Benny the next few years.

Just curious, how many state titles has Avon High School won? I know Avon Lake has won one or more, but am not sure about Avon High. Always thought of Avon as the bridesmaid and Avon Lake the bride.

Just curious, how many state titles has Avon High School won? I know Avon Lake has won one or more, but am not sure about Avon High. Always thought of Avon as the bridesmaid and Avon Lake the bride.
Avon has not won a state title in football. The closest was losing the 2011 D2 final to a loaded Trotwood-Madison team. Still the best team I’ve seen Avon play.

Avon Lake won their championship in D2 in 2003 over Trenton Edgewood.

Avon has not won a state title in football. The closest was losing the 2011 D2 final to a loaded Trotwood-Madison team. Still the best team I’ve seen Avon play.

Avon Lake won their championship in D2 in 2003 over Trenton Edgewood.
I say Avon is the better of the two programs currently with multiple NCAA Power 5 level players and solid depth but their rise to prominence has coincided w/ the development of the Hoban/TCC machines. Ironically if there was no competitive balance multiplier in place I would suspect that Avon maybe would have had a title by now. Chardon's gain is Avon's loss...

I say Avon is the better of the two programs currently with multiple NCAA Power 5 level players and solid depth but their rise to prominence has coincided w/ the development of the Hoban/TCC machines. Ironically if there was no competitive balance multiplier in place I would suspect that Avon maybe would have had a title by now. Chardon's gain is Avon's loss...
Avon Lake has produced similar numbers and the last 20 years they have been very successful. Avon is the current “King” of the rivalry though. Congrats to their success. We love the rivalry.

3 weeks until opening day. Nothing is being discussed except Avon Lake & why schools are scheduling Benedictine. Pathetic. What's going on at practice? What's the scrimmage schedule? Who's playing what positions? Who is the new Offensive & Defensive Coordinators? Will the team win any games this season? What are your predictions? Awfully quiet on this Benedictine blog page. Why do Benedictine fans, alumni, or Bennie followers care what Avon or Avon Lake is doing? Benedictine plays them week 2 I believe. You can care then.
What is going on in Bengal Land?

3 weeks until opening day. Nothing is being discussed except Avon Lake & why schools are scheduling Benedictine. Pathetic. What's going on at practice? What's the scrimmage schedule? Who's playing what positions? Who is the new Offensive & Defensive Coordinators? Will the team win any games this season? What are your predictions? Awfully quiet on this Benedictine blog page. Why do Benedictine fans, alumni, or Bennie followers care what Avon or Avon Lake is doing? Benedictine plays them week 2 I believe. You can care then.
Way too quiet…WHERE’S all the men “in the know” ?

What is there to talk about? 0-10 season, followed by at least a dozen transfers. You can tell there's not much to say when even Fr. Willie clams up. It's going to take at least 3 years,if things are done right,to get it going in the right direction.

What is there to talk about? 0-10 season, followed by at least a dozen transfers. You can tell there's not much to say when even Fr. Willie clams up. It's going to take at least 3 years,if things are done right,to get it going in the right direction.
🥶🥶🥶

OK. Here is your update. . Scrimmage at Elyria Catholic Aug 4th at 6pm.
Coaches HC Joe Prevesk
OC Mike Goolsby
DC Brad Demmerle
OL Adam Prevost
DL Conner Bogard
DB Mike Hasto

Coaches HC Joe Prevesk
OC Mike Goolsby
DC Brad Demmerle
OL Adam Prevost
DL Conner Bogard
DB Mike Hasto
This seems like a good start. The DC has been a Head cOach before at Chanel and Bogard and Prevost are both alums who were on title teams and have had success before

should all be given a fair chance and the support to be successful but let’s also not kid ourselves it’s a tough spot right now and patience will be the key

W
Coaches HC Joe Prevesk
OC Mike Goolsby
DC Brad Demmerle
OL Adam Prevost
DL Conner Bogard
DB Mike Hasto
Were any of these guys on previous staff other than HC? -according to some on here “same staff just subtract Goode” was the comment.

W

Were any of these guys on previous staff other than HC? -according to some on here “same staff just subtract Goode” was the comment.

W

It wasn't some,it was me. Don't act like they did something great,none of those guys deserved to be retained,including the HC. There were more "coaches",parents,and hangers on,on the sidelines last year than players. Never heard of any of these assistants,other than Conner Boggard,who was a great player for us. Hopefully they will be an improvement.It won't take much.