2023 Benedictine Football

John Adams and John Hay are, and have been, two different schools. John Hay is now a more selective school next to Cleveland School of Arts and Case Western. John Adams is on E 116th in between Union and Harvard.
I know. What I was saying is that John Hay HS used to be a neighborhood school and that Benedictine was located in its zone. Now that Hay is selective, John Adams HS takes over the area where Benedictine is

My fault for giving a generic answer to your query. I, being of the visitor variety, am not privy to the day-to-day qualities of any staff in Ohio. Just my two-sense worth. Since from my own experiences in the Nether world, South of the North. I just call it like I see it.

EXHIBIT A! In 2008, our previous so call big time coach, had nearly squandered our once proud program, to within an inch of its life. Finishing a three-season trip into purgatory, with a 15-15 record. Many of the W's being against slappies. And THEN, the administration got a hold of its rationality, and hired a REAL coach. He interviewed the current staff. And came away with a very good nucleus who had been on staff for years, but had been held back by the previous head coach. And after an initial 4-6 season. The new coach had taken us to the 7A semifinals, losing to the eventual state champions, 19-10. And a number of those assistants are still on staff, after fourteen years, eleven semifinals or better, and two state and one national championship. SOOO, there's THAT!
Good for you.Don't really care.If your not "privy" to the inner workings of Benedictine,you don't need to come on our thread,and stir the pot. SOOO, there's THAT!

President Ryan Ryzner Announces he is leaving the school:

1685989017870.png

Does anyone have any real information on how summer is going so far? Has anyone been out to practice? What does the new coaching staff look like and for that matter who is on the new staff?
*please don’t turn this into a troll board, asking nicely. Out of state now, this is where some of us alum/ friends of the program get our intel*

Does anyone have any real information on how summer is going so far? Has anyone been out to practice? What does the new coaching staff look like and for that matter who is on the new staff?
*please don’t turn this into a troll board, asking nicely. Out of state now, this is where some of us alum/ friends of the program get our intel*
Heard freshman class is around 85-90. Freshman football team should have around 40 kids. Some positives .
Basketball team is 2-0 in summer league.

Not sure this would be the place to get intel from what I’ve read, those on here don’t seem to have any actual facts just a lot of opinions. ‘Loose lips sink ships’ so that could have been the previous staff’s issues. 🤐

I will be listing our new coaching staff names on here shortly. One you may know is Connor Bogard who on our 2014 State team. More to come. Stay positive guys.

I will be listing our new coaching staff names on here shortly. One you may know is Connor Bogard who on our 2014 State team. More to come. Stay positive guys.
That is a name I’ve heard as well.
He played under Coach Prevesk on that team.

Week 1 opponent?
Walsh Jesuit.

Kind of a funky schedule by Benny standards. Since the team is not expected to be very good many pubs that would never schedule them in the past now are popping up, most notably Avon Lake & Strongsville. Also because the North Coast/Crown Conference didn't invite them they have had to go out of state to find opponents in the 2nd half of the schedule. The barber shop has Benny's win total at 2.5.

Walsh Jesuit.

Kind of a funky schedule by Benny standards. Since the team is not expected to be very good many pubs that would never schedule them in the past now are popping up, most notably Avon Lake & Strongsville. Also because the North Coast/Crown Conference didn't invite them they have had to go out of state to find opponents in the 2nd half of the schedule. The barber shop has Benny's win total at 2.5.
Posted today

Walsh Jesuit.

Strongsville and Benedictine were scheduled to play in 2020 but the game was canceled by COVID.

Also, does Benedictine usually accept senior transfers? I didn't realize that Seals left Holy Name.

Strongsville and Benedictine were scheduled to play in 2020 but the game was canceled by COVID.

Also, does Benedictine usually accept senior transfers? I didn't realize that Seals left Holy Name.
I remember back in the day when they had mutual open dates a call would not even be returned.

Benny sometimes accept Senior transfers more because of non-sport reasons; remember he will not be able to play the last 5 games or in the playoffs so my guess is this has more to do with some reason other than football.

It’s pretty rare but it’s a normally a special exception. Last year we had a player, who wanted to play with his brother, and a hockey player who left Holy Name after their team was shut down.
5 years ago had a basketball player who’s dad need to move into Cleveland to join the city council.

However, Seals was at Benedictine all of his junior year.

Walsh Jesuit.

You don’t think Avon Lake could compete with Benedictine the past 10 years? I would think they certainly can? Do you know who initiated the contract this year?