2023 Benedictine Football

The good news is Sal is retired but cannot keep his nose out of his church's affairs. Keep an eye on Gesu in the near future :)

8 years ago. Basketball team was stacked with talent. Football team was competing for the playoffs. Wrestling was winning & bringing in student athletes that played multiple sports, Baseball was about the same as today, competitive, could win on any given day, Soccer & Hockey held their own, Lacrosse was winning most conference matches, Track had several athletes at the State Tournament. I think that the school tried to find "Lightning in a Bottle" once too many times when hiring football coaches. Joe Schafer was a Bennie grad & had much success. After Joe was
Carter Welo. Good guy, not sure about the fit at Bennie. Next came Jarret Goode. Bennie grad, legend at Bennie as a player, the who's who of management at the school thought they were getting another Joe Schafer. Hitting "Lightning in a Bottle" Although the team won at the beginning, things went downhill fast.
The sports at All Boys Catholic Schools that attract student athletes are Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Track, & Hockey.
The sports that generate income are Football & Basketball. The rest of the sports generate little or no income. In many cases they lose money. With this said. It makes sense to have a Strong Football & Basketball program to generate enough income to absorb some or all of the loss from the other sports. If Football & Basketball are not winning all monies to the school are down. You cannot survive on tuition alone. Tuition keeps the lights on & the teachers paid. Moving forward everyone needs to come together. Alumni work with new Alumni. Things are rapidly changing. What a 1978 Alum thinks is totally different than what a 2016 Alum thinks. We all need to come together to make Benedictine work for now & the future.

Instead of the school investing in walking areas on campus, they should invest the money into paying their coaching staffs. The pay is a joke.
Currently the pay scale at Benedictine is from the 1970's for all coaches. If you want to attract top coaching talent, you're going to need to raise the bar. Have a yearly fund raiser to raise money for the coaching staffs of all sports at the school.
Agree 100% - it’s all catholic schools with large pay variances, pay isn’t great, important to note that those that are there are there to make a difference and want to be there.

8 years ago. Basketball team was stacked with talent. Football team was competing for the playoffs. Wrestling was winning & bringing in student athletes that played multiple sports, Baseball was about the same as today, competitive, could win on any given day, Soccer & Hockey held their own, Lacrosse was winning most conference matches, Track had several athletes at the State Tournament. I think that the school tried to find "Lightning in a Bottle" once too many times when hiring football coaches. Joe Schafer was a Bennie grad & had much success. After Joe was
Carter Welo. Good guy, not sure about the fit at Bennie. Next came Jarret Goode. Bennie grad, legend at Bennie as a player, the who's who of management at the school thought they were getting another Joe Schafer. Hitting "Lightning in a Bottle" Although the team won at the beginning, things went downhill fast.
The sports at All Boys Catholic Schools that attract student athletes are Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Track, & Hockey.
The sports that generate income are Football & Basketball. The rest of the sports generate little or no income. In many cases they lose money. With this said. It makes sense to have a Strong Football & Basketball program to generate enough income to absorb some or all of the loss from the other sports. If Football & Basketball are not winning all monies to the school are down. You cannot survive on tuition alone. Tuition keeps the lights on & the teachers paid. Moving forward everyone needs to come together. Alumni work with new Alumni. Things are rapidly changing. What a 1978 Alum thinks is totally different than what a 2016 Alum thinks. We all need to come together to make Benedictine work for now & the future.
Goode won at the beginning because Welo, the guy you say wasn't a "fit",left him some players. It went downhill fast, because he did next to nothing to bring in any of his own.

Goode won at the beginning because Welo, the guy you say wasn't a "fit",left him some players. It went downhill fast, because he did next to nothing to bring in any of his own.
Jarrett had the pipeline from the Muni Football Leagues attending Benedictine. I have to disagree with you that Jarrett did nothing. I talked to Jarrett frequently. I was heavily involved with talking to student athletes about attending the school during Carter's reign. The last student athlete that I talked to about attending Benedictine, before I was hired by Alderson Broaddus University to coach & recruit, was Jake Dolan. Otherwise, I would have helped Jarrett with talking to potential Bengals about the school as well.

Jarrett had the pipeline from the Muni Football Leagues attending Benedictine. I have to disagree with you that Jarrett did nothing. I talked to Jarrett frequently. I was heavily involved with talking to student athletes about attending the school during Carter's reign. The last student athlete that I talked to about attending Benedictine, before I was hired by Alderson Broaddus University to coach & recruit, was Jake Dolan. Otherwise, I would have helped Jarrett with talking to potential Bengals about the school as well.
Then why isn't he still here? Jarrett coached from 2019-22. Starting last year,those were his guys. The "pipeline" went 0-10. We won't do much better this year.

Then why isn't he still here? Jarrett coached from 2019-22. Starting last year,those were his guys. The "pipeline" went 0-10. We won't do much better this year.
What kind of question is "why isn't he still here"? I couldn't tell you. I have to imagine 0-10 had something to do with it. Coaches at many schools come & go. It's common. The Muni League is a solid place to find student athletes. Why the team lost last season is beyond me??? Why do you continuously worry about what happened? Instead of what can happen in the future. You can't change what happened 30 seconds ago. The only thing you can control is the future. You would make a great Politician. Always letting us know what's wrong, who to blame for what's wrong, scare everyone into your delusions of grandeur, but never have answers on how to fix any of the issues. Moving right along. This year's team is young & inexperienced. It will take a few games for them to get their feet under them. By mid-season we all should see a different team on the field.

I have not seen the the official line for this game so I think it lands around Benny +24, very tough match up for Benny along the lines and it will be hot so depth will be key.

If Prevesk is calling the plays, he should be embarrassed. This is the worst play calling I’ve seen. I really hope it gets better, because this game should be close but he keeps calling horrible plays on third downs.
Bene should absolutely be in this game. Avon Lake isn’t as good as Walsh - this should be a lot closer.
Turnovers and play calls are killing the Bengals.

24-8 now - only because he finally realized the sophomore QB isn’t ready to throw the ball. Run the damn ball.

I
I think this view is little too simple. To get those paying customers armed with ed choice $s to the school you need the nice things that moms go for like the recent upgrades on the campus, this is not the old days where parents just tell your kid where to go to school and know the Monks at Benny will whip them into shape. Benny has to compete with not only the Ed's & Iggy's of the world but also the prep schools that are basically like country clubs or public schools with great facilities. I agree that teacher and staff compensation should also be addressed but Benny just doesn't have the alumni numbers the bigger schools have or the 1%-ers like Gilmour does; there is also fund raising fatigue on those that primarily chip in. Recruit and maintain a healthy enrollment and those tuition $s will make better pay a much easier goal than constantly going to the donor class of alums and supporters.
If any private school is going to depend on Ed Choice money to stay open, it’s in real trouble. You have to be careful because the paying customers and their families will resent the school being turned into a school for families who don’t pay… You’ll run off your clients who are likely to contribute way beyond their high school experience.

What kind of question is "why isn't he still here"? I couldn't tell you. I have to imagine 0-10 had something to do with it. Coaches at many schools come & go. It's common. The Muni League is a solid place to find student athletes. Why the team lost last season is beyond me??? Why do you continuously worry about what happened? Instead of what can happen in the future. You can't change what happened 30 seconds ago. The only thing you can control is the future. You would make a great Politician. Always letting us know what's wrong, who to blame for what's wrong, scare everyone into your delusions of grandeur, but never have answers on how to fix any of the issues. Moving right along. This year's team is young & inexperienced. It will take a few games for them to get their feet under them. By mid-season we all should see a different team on the field.
Those that don't learn from their mistakes are likely to repeat them. Myself, and many football alumni,are sick about the state of the program. Our losing streak just hit 13! I know you didn't play for the Bengals, so you wouldn't understand. Go preach your BS to someone who cares.

Hated seeing the loss, along with any fan, I’m going to continue giving the team my support all season, along with the countless I know will do as well. Freshman game 10am on Saturday, come and support the future!

Those that don't learn from their mistakes are likely to repeat them. Myself, and many football alumni,are sick about the state of the program. Our losing streak just hit 13! I know you didn't play for the Bengals, so you wouldn't understand. Go preach your BS to someone who cares.
You need to find new football friends, 🙃🙃🙃 - negativity is obviously contagious. I do understand because I played for the Bengals. I’m guessing you lacked self confidence as a young man, since it’s evident as an adult as well. Maybe you’re the leader maybe you’re the follower, either way it’s not a good look on a true Bengal. Backpacking should be your new hobby 🤭🤭🤭

You need to find new football friends, 🙃🙃🙃 - negativity is obviously contagious. I do understand because I played for the Bengals. I’m guessing you lacked self confidence as a young man, since it’s evident as an adult as well. Maybe you’re the leader maybe you’re the follower, either way it’s not a good look on a true Bengal. Backpacking should be your new hobby 🤭🤭🤭
Hey Cry23, all my football friends played when we were great. Maybe if more spoke out, the program wouldn't be in such a sorry state. But guys like you,and Fin15 keep telling King Jamie,and those making the decisions,that everything is great. Like I told you before, if you don't like my comments,don't read em.

Hey Cry23, all my football friends played when we were great. Maybe if more spoke out, the program wouldn't be in such a sorry state. But guys like you,and Fin15 keep telling King Jamie,and those making the decisions,that everything is great. Like I told you before, if you don't like my comments,don't read em.
😜😜😜 I think anyone who reads your posts vs mine will agree that you are the “CRY” that you keep referencing, my name is TRY23!! 🥸🥸

Benedictine lost to a program that is light years ahead of them right now. If anyone is surprised I think their heads are in the clouds. Games are won along the lines. Start there and maybe the Saint Francis game will be different.

People on here really thought this was going to be a good season? Lol
Didn't expect a good season at all. But I was hoping for an offensive coach to be able to properly call plays to his team's strengths.

He's not putting these kids in a position to be competitive. Avon was without THREE starting D Linemen, yet he continued to throw on 3rd downs - and not even that long, like 3rd and 5. The QB clearly isn't ready for the pressure and speed of the game. It's not his fault, he's just not there yet. And he's not mobile at all.

They could be competitive and win 3-4 games, but he's gonna lose this locker room, just like last year.