2023 Benedictine Football

😜😜😜 I think anyone who reads your posts vs mine will agree that you are the “CRY” that you keep referencing, my name is TRY23!! 🥸🥸
I seriously doubt you played. A guy who played football wouldn't use faces in all his comments. So your either 12yrs old,or a female.

Didn't expect a good season at all. But I was hoping for an offensive coach to be able to properly call plays to his team's strengths.

He's not putting these kids in a position to be competitive. Avon was without THREE starting D Linemen, yet he continued to throw on 3rd downs - and not even that long, like 3rd and 5. The QB clearly isn't ready for the pressure and speed of the game. It's not his fault, he's just not there yet. And he's not mobile at all.

They could be competitive and win 3-4 games, but he's gonna lose this locker room, just like last year.
After watching the game, I think Benedictine needed to be able to show pass to get their run game going. Even without 3 starters, Avon Lake bottled up Benectine's run game most of the night. Avon Lake is a very good team that has always focused on line play. They play in a conference where the other top teams dominate based on strong line play. (Avon and Olmsted Falls) Very few teams are going to line up and beat Avon Lake in the trenches.

Bad bartenders neglect most guests and play favorites with the “regulars” so it’s not surprising with this one.
Don't even make sense. You guys are right. I'm out of line. Things are going great. Our losing streak is at 13 and counting. Don't know what the school record is,must be getting close. Keep up the good work!

Didn't expect a good season at all. But I was hoping for an offensive coach to be able to properly call plays to his team's strengths.

He's not putting these kids in a position to be competitive. Avon was without THREE starting D Linemen, yet he continued to throw on 3rd downs - and not even that long, like 3rd and 5. The QB clearly isn't ready for the pressure and speed of the game. It's not his fault, he's just not there yet. And he's not mobile at all.

They could be competitive and win 3-4 games, but he's gonna lose this locker room, just like last year.
I completely agree. In my honest opinion they need to dial back on the play calling. Just keep it simple and work on execution. There's no reason to be throwing downfield the way they have been.

Work on blocking and running fundamentals, assignments, jet sweeps, traps, etc. Go for 3-4 yds a carry. This is a young team and it will take some time to get better.

I completely agree. In my honest opinion they need to dial back on the play calling. Just keep it simple and work on execution. There's no reason to be throwing downfield the way they have been.

Work on blocking and running fundamentals, assignments, jet sweeps, traps, etc. Go for 3-4 yds a carry. This is a young team and it will take some time to get better.
Agree, this is spot on. Need to simplify and work on fundamentals. Greenness shows and they need plays they can execute. Haven’t seen that yet. Hoping for improvement each week.

Did you watch any of the games last year? It was the exact same play calls :). Did you really think it was going to be different?

Agree, this is spot on. Need to simplify and work on fundamentals. Greenness shows and they need plays they can execute. Haven’t seen that yet. Hoping for improvement each week.
Their offense literally can't get any more basic. They had 6 different pass plays last year and I saw the same ones this week.

Those that don't learn from their mistakes are likely to repeat them. Myself, and many football alumni,are sick about the state of the program. Our losing streak just hit 13! I know you didn't play for the Bengals, so you wouldn't understand. Go preach your BS to someone who cares.
Augie Bossu never played for the Bengals. I guess he didn't get it either. Your comments are those of a person who lives vicariously through his friends that actually got on the field & played for the Bengals. You may have been on the team... but if you know anything about the school you don't criticize on an open forum, the Alumni who are sticking their necks out to keep the school strong. The coaches & players who are doing whatever they can to rebuild the program. People like me, who support the school any way they can. Why? Because I owe Coach Bossu & Coach Russ a debt of gratitude for taking me in as a young man & teaching me the ropes. On how to coach. More importantly. On how to be a good man. That said. You're not going to deter me in any way. I have been around the school for 36 years. Not bad for somebody who never played for the school. My son attended Benedictine. I have talked to over 250 student athletes about attending Benedictine. Talk about the values of an all boys catholic high school and the advantages there are attending Benedictine. Your negativity certainly does not help the cause. It would be better if you talked amongst your friends & kept the negativity to yourselves. Have a wonderful day!
Ora Et Labora!

Augie Bossu never played for the Bengals. I guess he didn't get it either. Your comments are those of a person who lives vicariously through his friends that actually got on the field & played for the Bengals. You may have been on the team... but if you know anything about the school you don't criticize on an open forum, the Alumni who are sticking their necks out to keep the school strong. The coaches & players who are doing whatever they can to rebuild the program. People like me, who support the school any way they can. Why? Because I owe Coach Bossu & Coach Russ a debt of gratitude for taking me in as a young man & teaching me the ropes. On how to coach. More importantly. On how to be a good man. That said. You're not going to deter me in any way. I have been around the school for 36 years. Not bad for somebody who never played for the school. My son attended Benedictine. I have talked to over 250 student athletes about attending Benedictine. Talk about the values of an all boys catholic high school and the advantages there are attending Benedictine. Your negativity certainly does not help the cause. It would be better if you talked amongst your friends & kept the negativity to yourselves. Have a wonderful day!
Ora Et Labora!

Ora Et Labora!
Hey pal, I don't need to live through anybody that was on the field. I started on some of our best teams. As far as your coaching, don't remember you. Must not have made an impression. We are currently in the middle of the longest losing streak in school history. DAM RIGHT I'm negative!

Hey pal, I don't need to live through anybody that was on the field. I started on some of our best teams. As far as your coaching, don't remember you. Must not have made an impression. We are currently in the middle of the longest losing streak in school history. DAM RIGHT I'm negative!
Did you think this was going to be a winning season? Once your boy, Coach Goode, was fired (deservedly so), we all knew this was going to be a tear it down to the studs type of rebuild. The Bengals have an amazing coach and human being at the freshman level. The freshman squad has a some very good talent. The varsity is young. The QB is basically a rookie. He was without his RB Maloney the first game. And Baldwin will be back this week. I still believe the Bengals will win 3-4 games. Big improvement compared to Goode’s debacle. 0-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, 92 kids in the freshman class. Things are looking up. Great people in the right positions.
Go Bengals!

Ora Et Labora!
Thank you for saying what everyone has been thinking. Pretty sad if he’s truly a Man of Benedictine.

Did you think this was going to be a winning season? Once your boy, Coach Goode, was fired (deservedly so), we all knew this was going to be a tear it down to the studs type of rebuild. The Bengals have an amazing coach and human being at the freshman level. The freshman squad has a some very good talent. The varsity is young. The QB is basically a rookie. He was without his RB Maloney the first game. And Baldwin will be back this week. I still believe the Bengals will win 3-4 games. Big improvement compared to Goode’s debacle. 0-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, 92 kids in the freshman class. Things are looking up. Great people in the right positions.
Go Bengals!
I hope your right. Benedictine should never be in this position. I have seen some positives. I like the QB, think he will be a solid player with experience. Have heard good things about coach Wilson.

Can’t have a soph QB throwing those passes was my point, maybe in a year he can, right now it won’t work. Need plays they can execute.
Do you guys have a strong running game? Because that could definitely open the passing game for young QB but if you don't have a good running game then it's obviously not going to help a young quarterback. Definitely a tough situation to be in hope you guys bounce back.