2023-24 VASJ Vikings Basketball Official Thread

Since it’s been 7 years since the Viking faithful last stepped foot into the Fieldhouse, it will look slightly different compared to 2017.
IMG_3719.jpeg
IMG_3720.jpeg

A district title back at Viking Village. Nobody will be mistaking this group for a great St. Joe team, but making it this far is a great accomplishment for Coach Ward and his group. Let's see if they can knock off the Irish on Thursday.

The Vikings, for the first time since 2019, are District Champions and will get a date with fellow flagship school, the Ursuline Irish at The Fieldhouse!

What a rollercoaster of a game and congrats to CVCA on a great season and hell of a team they have. The Vikings had moments where it looked like the wheels were coming off but they stayed with their game plan of attacking the basket.

Rebounding was abysmal in the 1st half but picked up in the 2nd half and withstood CVCA’s best efforts and for a second it looked like CVCA was gonna pull it out until two clutch threes from Shenker (sp?) to get the Vikings right back into it and a clutch put back bucket with mere seconds and a huge stop to send the Vikings back to Canton.

The Vikings return to the Fieldhouse on Thursday, March 14th against Ursuline at 6pm. Go Vikings!
What an entertaining basketball game. The Vikings and Royals had an Instant Classic the other night. Unfortunately for me my guys came up short but great effort by both teams.

Well the season comes to an end at the hands of The Ursuline Fighting Irish in a laugher of the game. You can tell the youth and inexperience of the team played a factor allowing the Irish to jump out to a large lead and never look back. The team will return a majority of its roster next season only losing a couple of players to graduation. I feel the team took another step into returning the standard back and will be back next year with a regional round experience under their belt. Also heard St.Edward is back on the schedule next season. So the schedule beefs up more next year. I will see everyone on the football thread over the course of the summer.

Congrats to the Irish and best of luck on Saturday against Canfield! We will see you guys in Week 8 this fall!

Last edited:
Agree - congrats to the Irish. I hope Ursuline wins it all.

Terrible way to end the season, but it shouldn't detract from (IMO) that we did much better than I expected. Heck, I went to the Youngstown East game and thought we might not win 6 or 7 games.