2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

I never said Gayle was great or that you did. I disagree he is better than Meechie. Better athlete, yes. Better teammate and player for OSU, no. His turnovers alone cost the Buckeyes chances to win games. I'm sure you watched some SC games this season so you could make the comparison, but if Meechie gets 30min a game this season I see the buckeyes being better with him than Gayle, who has yet to live up to his recruiting potential. Maybe he will at UM.
Roddy Gayle severely hurt his shooting wrist in a fall during the Rutgers game. Before that injury, he was averaging 16PPG on 50% from the field and 40% from 3 with an excellent assist-to-TO ratio. This is a big time loss

Agreed, I was excited about Holtmann at first. Much more excited than Diebler. As time went on he just became a terrible coach.

What Michigan is doing in their athletic department is something OSU should be trying to mirror but they are destroying us in the 3 major sports.

a) There are only 2 sports that really matter, in terms of revenue and reputation

b) Michigan finished a distant last in the Big 10 in basketball this year. A few transfers does not mean they are "destroying" anyone.

c) OSU was destroying Michigan in football until a certain cheating program was put in place. I grant you that they had the better team last season, but that is all. And now as the rats scurry off the sinking ship, watch what happens this fall. You want us to emulate Michigan?

d) You of all people should not tell others to seek help. You are the most negative, seemingly depressed person on here. Everything is always terrible in your view.

Bucknuts reporting what we likely already knew, Okpara was concerned with playing time after Bradshaw was brought in, and... 🔔🔔🔔... the future NIL 💰. Lol. Good riddance, bro.
1713813703252.jpeg

Only if he wears this uni. Lol.
View attachment 57709
In all seriousness, they actually have a somewhat decent NIL in Olean. I know they were originally in the camp of “do it to keep our guys from leaving”, but it was also under an AD who got rolled for refusing an NIT bid this past year — to the dismay of many Bonnie fans.

I’m sure at least Woj would be fine with doing a respectable bag throw. They might not be able to match UT-K or any high-major’s pockets, no, but I can imaginable some intangibles could be worked in to persuade an A-10 opportunity.

a) There are only 2 sports that really matter, in terms of revenue and reputation

b) Michigan finished a distant last in the Big 10 in basketball this year. A few transfers does not mean they are "destroying" anyone.

c) OSU was destroying Michigan in football until a certain cheating program was put in place. I grant you that they had the better team last season, but that is all. And now as the rats scurry off the sinking ship, watch what happens this fall. You want us to emulate Michigan?

d) You of all people should not tell others to seek help. You are the most negative, seemingly depressed person on here. Everything is always terrible in your view.
A. Disagree, go look at baseball in the SEC

B. Michigan had their worst season in school history this past year yes, but they were just in the elite 8 in the 2021 season and also played in the title game as recent as 2018. They are a better program right now, and much better in recent memory.

C. Michigan looked better to me than Ohio State did in their spring game. They have an identity, Ohio State does not.

D. Most things are terrible yes, but that’s because all of my teams suck. If they didn’t then I would be praising them. Not much praise to go around lately though. All they need to do is win.

A. Disagree, go look at baseball in the SEC

B. Michigan had their worst season in school history this past year yes, but they were just in the elite 8 in the 2021 season and also played in the title game as recent as 2018. They are a better program right now, and much better in recent memory.

C. Michigan looked better to me than Ohio State did in their spring game. They have an identity, Ohio State does not.

D. Most things are terrible yes, but that’s because all of my teams suck. If they didn’t then I would be praising them. Not much praise to go around lately though. All they need to do is win. m
A. LOL last northern team to win the CWS was Wichita State (not really a northern team) in 1989 before that OSU in 66. All the talent is down south.
B. TTUN just fired their bball coach, bball is all about the coach just look at Villanova now.
C. LOL Spring game.
D. Things are terrible OSU is ranked 2nd by most Pre-Season polls in football, how terrible.
E. Go get a life.

Last edited:
A. LOL last northern team to win the CWS was Wichita State (not really a northern team) in 1989 before that OSU in 66. All the talent is down south.
B. TTUN just fired their bball coach, bball is all about the coach just look at Villanova now.
C. LOL Spring game.
D. Things are terrible OSU is ranked 2nd by most Pre-Season polls in football, how terrible.
E. Go get a life.
A. Michigan recently played in the title game and had a 1 game to 0 lead only to choke and lose the next 2. A northern team can win
B. Ohio State fired their coach too, what’s your point?
C. That’s right
D. Last I checked the polls don’t play the games on the field
E. Get help

Consistent college baseball attendance is never going to be a real thing in the Big Ten footprint. All of the schools that actually draw are in the south and out west, and usually in BFE where there isn't a minor league team to contend with, let alone a major league team.

The Clippers have one of the highest average fan attendance rates (7,500-8,000 per game) in minor league baseball. The Dayton Dragons average about the same. Factor in the Reds and the Indians/Guardians, and that's an awful lot for OSU to compete against to fill their 4,500 seat stadium.

Lmfao, what a weak stat. Just because Ohio State sucks at baseball doesn’t mean there isn’t a market for it if they put a respectable product on the field.
I acknowledge that OSU baseball is average at best. Only slightly over .500 last year.

I acknowledge that with a top tier baseball team the revenue would be much higher. I will be generous and say the revenue could quadruple from it's current level.

Quadrupling the baseball revenue puts it up to a little under $400,000 in revenue. That is less than 10% the revenue of basketball, which has been awful the last 2 years.

Only two sports really matter for revenue purposes at OSU, as I said. Just take the "L" here and go about your business..

Not to dive too deep into baseball financials argument, and I acknowledge Arkansas hasn’t won the whole thing yet, but they lost about $2.7m in 2022-2023. And they have great fan turnout.

I acknowledge that OSU baseball is average at best. Only slightly over .500 last year.

I acknowledge that with a top tier baseball team the revenue would be much higher. I will be generous and say the revenue could quadruple from it's current level.

Quadrupling the baseball revenue puts it up to a little under $400,000 in revenue. That is less than 10% the revenue of basketball, which has been awful the last 2 years.

Only two sports really matter for revenue purposes at OSU, as I said. Just take the "L" here and go about your business..
In popularity women's bball, hockey and wrestling are more popular at OSU than baseball.

Also, after thinking about it for a day or so, I’m not too surprised both Gayle and Okpara (especially after Meechie and Bradshaw came in). Holtmann always had an issue with accountability and entitlement. It had to rub off on the players. Now they won’t be automatically given starter status/minutes and they need to compete for it? I think you’re seeing that in those two transfers. Happy to see it didn’t seem to inflict the majority of the team.

Ok? I never said it would ever be as big as basketball. However, a good program that the fans believe in I have no doubt could pull in 5-600,000 in revenue. LSU pulled in close to 700,000 in 2023.

Jayden Quaintance 6'9'' center who originally signed with Ky. than decommitted is not going to Arkansas to follow Calipari. Most likely will head back to Ky. but for now is in play. Quaintance is a 5* 24 recruit.

Jayden Quaintance 6'9'' center who originally signed with Ky. than decommitted is not going to Arkansas to follow Calipari. Most likely will head back to Ky. but for now is in play. Quaintance is a 5* 24 recruit.
OSU was in on him early so the familiarity helps. He also obviously had no issue with Bradshaw being in the team. Hope he ends up in Cbus

That would be a big win for Pope if he sticks with Lexington though.