2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

The Baylor situation was wildly different than probably any college basketball coaching change in memory. That program was probably fringe death penalty level when Scott Drew took that job. They were lucky to get anyone with D1 head coaching experience.

They literally had a player murder another player, among numerous other scandals, that resulted in several years of probation, the entire staff getting 5-10 years of show cause penalties, and other penalties en route to pretty much the entire roster leaving and Drew having to build from scratch with limited resources and the program having a tarnished reputation. Baylor finished in the bottom two of the Big XII his first four seasons.

Good that they got the win over the weekend, because I imagine it will be a winless week with tonight @Wisconsin and over the weekend vs. Purdue.

Saw the current Lunardi projections this week. He only has six Big Ten teams in, with Nebraska being the 6th and currently sitting on the 10 seed line. Ohio State and the horde of other Big Ten teams that are currently under .500 in league play and sitting at 9, 10, 11 losses overall are well on the outside of the bubble. Barring winning out and winning a conference tournament game or two, the only ticket to the dance is winning the conference tournament.

Good that they got the win over the weekend, because I imagine it will be a winless week with tonight @Wisconsin and over the weekend vs. Purdue.

Saw the current Lunardi projections this week. He only has six Big Ten teams in, with Nebraska being the 6th and currently sitting on the 10 seed line. Ohio State and the horde of other Big Ten teams that are currently under .500 in league play and sitting at 9, 10, 11 losses overall are well on the outside of the bubble. Barring winning out and winning a conference tournament game or two, the only ticket to the dance is winning the conference tournament.
Good. The league continues to be horrendous.

Happy that I cancelled Peacock a few weeks ago, that way there was no temptation to watch. Checked my phone as I got into bed, saw the Bucks had 21 points at halftime. Battle and Okpara zero points, Thornton 2. The team is a wreck...

Per CFBFocus @cffmwachsman on Twitter/X reporting that OSU will be firing Holtmann today. He’s more of a college football guy but has been spot on with a lot of the moves OSU has made this offseason.

Surprised it happened now. Figured they’d wait until the end of year but it had to happen. Did manage the win at Maryland over the weekend but that was only because Maryland gave it away with missed free throws. It was going to happen it was just a matter of time and when.

Surprised it happened now. Figured they’d wait until the end of year but it had to happen. Did manage the win at Maryland over the weekend but that was only because Maryland gave it away with missed free throws. It was going to happen it was just a matter of time and when.
Yeah the timing is very odd, it’s not like they get anything out of getting rid of him now. Anyone look who they play next? @Purdue yikes lol

Yeah the timing is very odd, it’s not like they get anything out of getting rid of him now. Anyone look who they play next? @Purdue yikes lol
The timing is not good for optics but gives OSU a head start in selecting a new coach.

I liked Chris Holtmann. I followed him since his time at Gardner Webb. Something was amiss, it just did not work out in Columbus.

Timing is odd for sure, like, why didn't it happen this time last year!!!! Good riddance. Great guy. Did not do a good enough job coaching and was horrendous in recruiting.

Sunday is a national CBS telecast without any sports TV competition of significance. They probably didn’t want the whole narrative to be about the buzzards circling in Columbus as their lame duck coach gets his teeth kicked in again.

Sunday is a national CBS telecast without any sports TV competition of significance. They probably didn’t want the whole narrative to be about the buzzards circling in Columbus as their lame duck coach gets his teeth kicked in again.
I literally never heard any national media members talk about OSU getting rid of Holtmann

The timing is not good for optics but gives OSU a head start in selecting a new coach.

I liked Chris Holtmann. I followed him since his time at Gardner Webb. Something was amiss, it just did not work out in Columbus.
The only head start you get is if the guy you want isn’t currently coaching