2023-2024 General Discussion

That’s rich coming from an Ohio kid who apparently didn’t go to FSU but is an FSU football fan.
Where did you graduate from college ?
Who is your college basketball team?

You seem to be bandwagoning the sec on the college football board and big east on this board. To get a rise out of B1G fans.

Last edited:
Where did you graduate from college ?
Who is your college basketball team?

You seem to be bandwagoning the sec on the college football board and big east on this board. To get a rise out of B1G fans.
There’s no bandwagoning here. I’m not an SEC fan. As I’ve said repeatedly, I just acknowledge that they’ve been by far the best football conference the past 20 years. So when people say dumb stuff over on the college football board, I tend to argue. Those arguments tend to be on behalf of the SEC because usually what I’m shooting down is extremely biased if not delusional Big Ten talking points trying to degrade the SEC.

I’ve been a fan of Big East basketball since I was a kid, from the days of Mourning, Mutombo, Moten, Dehere, etc. I wouldn’t be making too much noise about them at all if Stirred hadn’t ridiculously called the Big East a mid-major conference whose teams couldn’t compete in another conference, then doubled and tripled down on that nonsense.

As for where I went to school, I’ll reveal, but let’s see if anyone can guess correctly. I feel like those who pay close enough attention to my Yappi postings should have at least a decent clue where I went.

There’s no bandwagoning here. I’m not an SEC fan. As I’ve said repeatedly, I just acknowledge that they’ve been by far the best football conference the past 20 years. So when people say dumb stuff over on the college football board, I tend to argue. Those arguments tend to be on behalf of the SEC because usually what I’m shooting down is extremely biased if not delusional Big Ten talking points trying to degrade the SEC.

I’ve been a fan of Big East basketball since I was a kid, from the days of Mourning, Mutombo, Moten, Dehere, etc. I wouldn’t be making too much noise about them at all if Stirred hadn’t ridiculously called the Big East a mid-major conference whose teams couldn’t compete in another conference, then doubled and tripled down on that nonsense.

As for where I went to school, I’ll reveal, but let’s see if anyone can guess correctly. I feel like those who pay close enough attention to my Yappi postings should have at least a decent clue where I went.
Id guess a MAC school or smaller school.

Which I've said plenty of times people should support their school. Wouldn't ask anyone to drop one with family connections like OSU or ND or whatever. But support your school too

Also support the same schools in all sports you watch. Don't get those Notre Dame football and Duke basketball types. Makes no sense.

I support Florida State and Florida Atlantic in all the sports I watch. Football, baseball and college basketball. Don't care about anyone else

Id guess a MAC school or smaller school.

Which I've said plenty of times people should support their school. Wouldn't ask anyone to drop one with family connections like OSU or ND or whatever. But support your school too

Also support the same schools in all sports you watch. Don't get those Notre Dame football and Duke basketball types. Makes no sense.

I support Florida State and Florida Atlantic in all the sports I watch. Football, baseball and college basketball. Don't care about anyone else
You want posters on here to make sense? Good God, how long have you been on here? Now you're not making sense!

LOL go ahead and deflect again you troll on OSU and the BIG every chance you get. In college football you are on the SEC bandwagon whatever flavor is popular that year, was Alabama now UGA, same in bball you follow whoever has the best chance of winning and troll on the BIG. Why don't you talk about ND bball maybe because they suck so bad, oh can't do that so you have to jump on the UConn bandwagon and troll the BIG at the same time. Obviously, you are home from school now so go do your homework so you can finally graduate.

Last edited:

Look everyone, it is the self-proclaimed "Czar of Which Team You Should Root For".

(FWIW, I grew up in Columbus, played basketball at a D-III school near Cleveland. I root for the Buckeyes in all sports. So I'm probably OK in your book, right? )

Get over yourself. People can root for whoever they want.

LOL go ahead and deflect again you troll on OSU and the BIG every chance you get.
That’s simply false. I was mostly complimentary of Ohio State football last season. I made fun of the conference because it was a total two-team league.
In college football you are on the SEC bandwagon whatever flavor is popular that year, was Alabama now UGA, same in bball you follow whoever has the best chance of winning and troll on the BIG.
You’ve been saying the Big East sucked. Now all of a sudden you say UConn had the best chance of winning. So which is it? How did UConn get battle-tested enough to destroy everyone in the tournament? Why did they have many tougher battles in conference play than in the tournament?
Why don't you talk about ND bball maybe because they suck so bad, oh can't do that you have to jump on the UConn bandwagon and troll the BIG at the same time.
Why would I talk about ND basketball on an Ohio high school message board? There’d be little participation. Go look at threads like the Dodgers thread on the MLB forum. For as much as you like to bag on ND basketball, does it bother you that the Irish have been to the Elite Eight (twice) more recently than Ohio State has?
Obviously, you are home from school now so go do your homework so you can finally graduate.
Good one. Go think up a cringeworthy nickname for Ohio State’s next QB now that you turned against your boy Honda.

Look everyone, it is the self-proclaimed "Czar of Which Team You Should Root For".

(FWIW, I grew up in Columbus, played basketball at a D-III school near Cleveland. I root for the Buckeyes in all sports. So I'm probably OK in your book, right? )

Get over yourself. People can root for whoever they want.
I wouldn't ever say "look everyone" on a message board because I don't care if I have support or not ..

Sure you can root for whoever you want . Freedom exists. I definitely don't get those who just pick a power in football and basketball and also those who don't care about their actual college at all.

Simply doesn't make sense to cheer for a college in one sport but not in the others that you watch...

See it a ton around here with MAC grads who only follow Ohio State while abandoning their school

Last edited:
That’s simply false. I was mostly complimentary of Ohio State football last season. I made fun of the conference because it was a total two-team league.
LOL
You’ve been saying the Big East sucked. Now all of a sudden you say UConn had the best chance of winning. So which is it? How did UConn get battle-tested enough to destroy everyone in the tournament? Why did they have many tougher battles in conference play than in the tournament?
UConn is the Big East, think UC is going to do better in the Big 12 or whatever it is than what the Bearcats did in the Big East. How did Creighton and Marquette do in the tourney? Reg. season: St. Johns lost to SCUM by 16, Seton Hall lost to both Iowa (by 13 pts) and to mighty Rutgers. Marquette was 1 - 2 vs the BIG.
Why would I talk about ND basketball on an Ohio high school message board? There’d be little participation. Go look at threads like the Dodgers thread on the MLB forum. For as much as you like to bag on ND basketball, does it bother you that the Irish have been to the Elite Eight (twice) more recently than Ohio State has?
. You are right about the little participation.
Good one. Go think up a cringeworthy nickname for Ohio State’s next QB now that you turned against your boy Honda
I didn't give him the nickname; I just used it, actually thought it was apropos. But keep on trolling and you really should try to graduate, keep on studying.

Last edited:
I’m curious
I graduated from Ohio St, so it’s ok for me to cheer for them? A lot weird rules apparently so I want some clarification

I’m curious
I graduated from Ohio St, so it’s ok for me to cheer for them? A lot weird rules apparently so I want some clarification
I never said they were rules. I said what I think.

Of course if you went to a school it makes sense to cheer for them. Of course if you have connections to the school it makes sense too when you didn't go there

But if you cheer for Ohio state football and Duke basketball while going to neither and having no connection, that is weird to me. Should cheer for the same college in all the sports

And I also think if you don't care about the school you actually went to, that's weird too.

Of course message board guys take things out of context and try to spin it their way a ton.

But cheer for who you want. I just wont agree with people who bandwagon different powers in different sports or ignore their actual schools

Is 9:20 pm tip time really considered prime time? That’s very late for some people
Prime time is 8-11.

That being said, 9: 20 is too late for the eastern states, but the difference was Kaitlyn Clark and the possibility of an undefeated season for S. Carolina. The men could not match that firepower.

Is 9:20 pm tip time really considered prime time? That’s very late for some people
That feels extremely late to me for a start time. I've never understood why it doesn't tip at least 30-45 minutes sooner.

Having the second half starting at 10:30 or later on a weeknight in the eastern time zone seems counterintuitive to ratings IMO.

Kentucky reportedly has been told not interested or flat turned down by:

Scott Drew
Nate Oats
Dan Hurley
Billy Donovan
Jay Wright

Can't say I blame people for not wanting to take such a high demand job while dealing with an unrealistic fanbase. Grass isn't always greener

Scott Drew
Nate Oats
Dan Hurley
Billy Donovan
Jay Wright

Can't say I blame people for not wanting to take such a high demand job while dealing with an unrealistic fanbase. Grass isn't always greener
I said this on another thread and it didn't get much traction...

How about Mark Pope? Currently coaching at BYU, former Wildcat, Rhodes Scholar when at UK

Not many possible options still out there that I'd take before calling Pitino and Mark Pope. Maybe just Bruce Pearl.

Bored boosters tracking the rich booster's (Craft?) private plane show it's on the ground in NYC today. They are either trying to continue to push for Hurley, or things may be going full circle with them kicking the tires on Pitino again.

Not many possible options still out there that I'd take before calling Pitino and Mark Pope. Maybe just Bruce Pearl.

Bored boosters tracking the rich booster's (Craft?) private plane show it's on the ground in NYC today. They are either trying to continue to push for Hurley, or things may be going full circle with them kicking the tires on Pitino again.

Mark Pope seems like he'd be a great fit. If I'm Pitino, I'm only leaving St. John's to retire.

Mark Pope seems like he'd be a great fit. If I'm Pitino, I'm only leaving St. John's to retire.
I've seen a fair amount of speculation that Pitino may already be agitated/frustrated at St. John's and would be more than happy to jump.

Low budget athletic department and poor facilities. He's figuring out they haven't been good in 25+ years because it's not a good job with about the only positives being being in NYC and getting to play a few of their home games at MSG.

St. John's on-campus basketball arena is comparable to the on-campus facility that Dayton stopped using in the late 60s when they moved to UD arena, and which currently houses their A-10 volleyball program.

Scott Drew
Nate Oats
Dan Hurley
Billy Donovan
Jay Wright

Very difficult to hire successful HC's from other major programs, happens but rare.
Kentucky is not the only team with an unrealistic fan base.

Last edited:
I've seen a fair amount of speculation that Pitino may already be agitated/frustrated at St. John's and would be more than happy to jump.

Low budget athletic department and poor facilities. He's figuring out they haven't been good in 25+ years because it's not a good job with about the only positives being being in NYC and getting to play a few of their home games at MSG.

St. John's on-campus basketball arena is comparable to the on-campus facility that Dayton stopped using in the late 60s when they moved to UD arena, and which currently houses their A-10 volleyball program.

If St. John's isn't delivering on the promises they made when he took the job, then that's a good reason to leave after just one season.

Otherwise, Pitino should've known very well what he was getting into when he took the job.

They've had no problem getting talent in the door over the past 10-15 years. Recruiting hasn't been an issue.

The on-campus arena sucks, but the truth is that St. John's hardly plays there. They play the worst of their non-conference buy games there and a couple Big East games against the teams that have zero draw in NYC (DePaul, Xavier, etc).

They played 8 regular season games at MSG, 2 at UBS Arena (NBA caliber arena 7 miles from campus), and another game at Barclays Center this past season. The Big East tournament will always be at MSG as well.

The atmosphere for St. John's games at MSG rivals any competitive Knicks game. The electricity is palpable.

If Pitino stays the course at St. John's I think they can be a consistent force.

If his end goal was to finish his career at a blue blood then this UK opening appears to be his best and maybe final shot at doing so.