2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Two years in and the TRC is showing cracks in the foundation. The situation with Covington is very unfortunate and unforeseen. Who’s next? Lehman seems to have their situation under control, Miami East, Milton? I heard that MU is declining in enrollment and that could put them in a precarious position in the next 5-7 years or so.
I really don’t see Northridge or Bethel ever having enrollment issues.
My point here is if it can happen to Covington it can happen to any school.
I would bet money it's the coach. Not really even an enrollment issue. Get rid of him numbers will go back up. This is the situation I thought TC would be in because they had no JH or JV teams last year and graduated like 20 guys. So hats off to them for not being part of the problem.

Two years in and the TRC is showing cracks in the foundation. The situation with Covington is very unfortunate and unforeseen. Who’s next? Lehman seems to have their situation under control, Miami East, Milton? I heard that MU is declining in enrollment and that could put them in a precarious position in the next 5-7 years or so.
I really don’t see Northridge or Bethel ever having enrollment issues.
My point here is if it can happen to Covington it can happen to any school.
Covington will be perfectly fine in a few years. just a down phase. the problem was upper classman quitting. they have a lot of young guys to develop. if they can keep numbers decent at the youth and JH levels and the coach can build chemistry with the young guys that they do have, they will be fine.

I know it's a new conference but conference members can't be happy about this. I imagine the WOAC isn't happy with Bradford either. It's one thing to cancel JV games it's entirely different to cancel a varsity game.

I would bet money it's the coach. Not really even an enrollment issue. Get rid of him numbers will go back up. This is the situation I thought TC would be in because they had no JH or JV teams last year and graduated like 20 guys. So hats off to them for not being part of the problem.
I don't think TC has had JH or JV in several years. Definitely not JV. JH has been hit and miss.

Covington should revisit the head coach position and make a change if that’s the issue.
Canceling the game a month in advance is one thing, but days before? That has to stop. Ft Loramie knew ahead of time.

I don't think TC has had JH or JV in several years. Definitely not JV. JH has been hit and miss.
TC has a JH team that is doing OK this year. Numbers seem to be good at the JH level in the league ,heard Covington has some young guys coming. Patience.

Reposted from the other thread to maybe foster some conversation...

It has to be the coach, it's his job to make them successful regardless of the situation. Maybe the kids are soft and they don't like to be coached hard, but A coach has to figure out how to deal with that. At a small school 75% of the job is getting as many kids to play as possible. If you want to be a hard @$$ and start the season with 20 kids you are asking for trouble.

ALSO, Covington isn't a bad community at all. But it is NOT Minster, it is naive to expect the average kid to respond the same way that kids from Minster do. Minster is not "Normal", kids there are over whelming coming from 2 parent homes, with college degrees, and are pushed to excel more. It is why the MAC is the way it is. That's not normal, that's not Covington.

And lastly 95% of successful coaches or great at building relationships with their players that lets them demand more from them than they think is possible. I am not in the building or even associated with Covington, but from an outsiders perspective he appears to have an issue building relationships with kids and getting them to go through any sort of hardship and play.

I think Troy Christian was probably the weakest team MU faced yet. With that said, they are also the smallest and most inexperienced. I said there’s always a chance in favor of Troy Christian playing a great game. Not sure why you gave it a frown.

Riverside beat Northridge because they played with a lot of toughness, if they decide to play soft they can lose to anyone.
Exactly. Riverside was solid the whole game. Northridge never made the needed adjustments to stay in the game. No discipline, terrible penalties, lack luster effort on Northridge ( except for Henry ). Riverside came in ready and played very tough. Congrats to Riverside on the win.

Exactly. Riverside was solid the whole game. Northridge never made the needed adjustments to stay in the game. No discipline, terrible penalties, lack luster effort on Northridge ( except for Henry ). Riverside came in ready and played very tough. Congrats to Riverside on the win.
Smith might never have the whole package there at Northridge but he does the most with what’s given. Hats off to that coaching staff.

Was able to make it to the Riverside TC game last night. Homecoming for the Pirates. They dominated every aspect of the game. Looked like they could’ve picked their number on the scoreboard. TC seemed to struggle on offense, I’m not sure if they even had over 100 yards of offense? Was curious if @yakyak made it to the game. Was expecting a little more of a battle. TC has some big boys though, good lord.

You think a current is the issue? I heard it’s the senior class focusing on basketball?
If I had to guess, part of the reason they are focusing of basketball is probably having a football coach who still thinks it’s the 80’s.

I can’t be a hypocrite, if I am blaming Morgan for what’s going on at Covington then I have to blame Current for what is going on at ME.

they are either the 2nd or 3rd biggest school in the conference and will finish 2nd to last. And it’s not like the last few years have been any better.

I think a 9-1 VV team wins the region. If they lose again they drop to 3 or 4 depending on Zane Trace
Zane Trace finishes 2nd, If they lose to Unioto they drop to maybe 6 or 7
Northeastern at 10-0 is next (1,2, or 3)
Milton-Union at 9-0 is next (2,3, or 4)
Madeira and Greeneview battle for next 2 spots
P-M, Brookille, Waynesville, and Preble all have one really tough game left. Whoever wins it has the inside track on the 7 seed.

It’s been 40 years since Milton finished 10-0 in the regular season. Thanks to Covington, that streak continues. 9-0 is fine. I think Milton gets seed 4 at worst. Valley View will get the #1 seed. Bellbrook won’t beat them.
Milton has two teams with winning records left to play. That will help and if National Trail can finish 9-1 that would be great.
Whatever the case, round 1 will be a Milton victory, Bank on it.