2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

I think that Riverside’s o-line will be better this year than last.
Looking on the league website, looks like they lose 3 starters from the OL to graduation. One was all state and TRC OL of the year, Zach Armbruster. Tough shoes to fill for new guys. The Pirates also lost their top 2 receivers who doubled as their starting CBs on defense. Stewart had 900+ yards receiving and 10 TDs, Frilling had 600 yds receiving and 4 TDs. That’s over 80% of the teams receiving production from last year. So to answer @dograt , Riverside needs to replace key OL departures, as well as receiver production. Not to mention Frilling was a 2 year all state DB for the Pirates at CB. As a Pirate fan, excited to see the next group of guys step up and get their opportunity. Ready for some Pirate and TRC football.

Riverside has a 7 on 7 today at Northwestern. I guess it’s a 4 team event with Middletown Madison and Elgin. Hopefully we can get an update on that sometime tonight. Agreed BEA, very quiet thread with the season around the corner.

I'm hoping it picks up. Only Riverside and MU seem to have fans.
I routinely scan the thread but have always figured I am personally better off to move on along absent of comment if I really don't have something of substance to contribute.

As far as teams i support, every one but Covington. So that is one vote for Bethel, Northridge. Milton, Troy Christian, Lehman, Riverside, and Miami East.

I think these boards are less fun when everyone assumes they know who is going to win.

MU might not win the league, but everyone thinks they will. I think that means fewer people get on these boards and talk about how good their team is going to be.

2023 I think the league will be wide open, and I bet we see more participation on these boards.

I think these boards are less fun when everyone assumes they know who is going to win.

MU might not win the league, but everyone thinks they will. I think that means fewer people get on these boards and talk about how good their team is going to be.

2023 I think the league will be wide open, and I bet we see more participation on these boards.
I think Milton has to play consistent and disciplined to win the TRC. There are some good teams and anyone can surprise. Reminds me of Valley View last year, everyone thought they would win the SWBL.
HAVE TO PLAY THE GAMES FIRST.

No doubt about it. Come basketball season we anticipate a much more balanced conference, more drama to play out. I do think the fight for second on down is anyone's guess right now.

Hoops should be a decent year for the TRC. This is a good year for many schools, it seems. 2004 must have been a baby boom.

Riverside has a 7 on 7 today at Northwestern. I guess it’s a 4 team event with Middletown Madison and Elgin. Hopefully we can get an update on that sometime tonight. Agreed BEA, very quiet thread with the season around the corner.
Sounds like the Pirates scored more than everyone else at this 7 on 7, by a decent amount. Not sure it means a whole lot considering two of the teams went 0-20 last year, and Elgin went 4-6 in the NWCC. Ready for August to get here so we can watch our teams in some scrimmages!

At this point, I'll take any convo about the league.
I've been thinking about the lack of comments on this board vs say the WOAC thread. Probably comes down mostly to WOAC schools are primarily the remainder of what was an intact conference while TRC schools are a grouping of schools who shared no previous rivalries for the most part. When last years 3rd graders are seniors they will likely be much more involved in rivalries, and this board should be smok'n with conversation. I will check the frequency of posts in 2030 to see if I'm correct?

Sounds like the Pirates scored more than everyone else at this 7 on 7, by a decent amount. Not sure it means a whole lot considering two of the teams went 0-20 last year, and Elgin went 4-6 in the NWCC. Ready for August to get here so we can watch our teams in some scrimmages!
Pirates did well, especially their WR who is a little on the smaller side. Truth be told, he was really a one man wrecking crew and a great football player(on both sides of the ball). He was wearing I believe #29 from the film I saw. The statement that they scored more than anyone is not accurate at all. Riverside & Madison were scoring at will on everyone. Riverside faced a lot of Madison's JV defense during that session, and I still don't think they scored more than Madison. Northwestern seemed lost, and judging by what I was told their parents were acting like in the stands at a 7 on 7, it may be another long year. Elgin, from what I was told and what I saw on video is scrappy. They were pretty outmatched, but they played hard.

Just saw a tweet that Fort Loramie is now playing Spencerville in week 3. Fort Loramie was scheduled to play Covington. Something happening in Covington?
i believe Bradford is cancelling it’s season, and Covington will be playing Tri-County North week 3. the Bradford cancellation isn’t official, but i believe this is what’s happening.

I believe Covington is having serious numbers issues.
I think they told their non conference teams that if they found something else to take it, because they are a few injuries away from canceling (week to week). Ft Loramie did.

I believe Covington is having serious numbers issues.
I think they told their non conference teams that if they found something else to take it, because they are a few injuries away from canceling (week to week). Ft Loramie did.
Your info has always been pretty spot on over the years, must say this one surprises me. One very un Covington type year and numbers are an issue?

Sure hope they don't cancel the season as I was hoping to have another good year!

Best of luck to the current parents and kids.