2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Riverside didn’t play well, looked intimidating by the moment and the MU size, but the better team won. I wish the pirates would have played their best and made it more competitive, but even with that I’m not sure the winner would have been different, but they didn’t give the dogs their best shot.

Congratulations to MU, happy to see those seniors graduate!

Riverside didn’t play well, looked intimidating by the moment and the MU size, but the better team won. I wish the pirates would have played their best and made it more competitive, but even with that I’m not sure the winner would have been different, but they didn’t give the dogs their best shot.

Part of that was our defense taking them out of their game. They were playing well. The turnovers and goal line stop deflated Riverside, somewhat. I really thought Riverside would score twice. Very nice team, as usual. Great crowd from Riverside. Best of luck moving forward and Go Pirates!

Riverside vs Lehman
Milton vs Carlisle
Northridge vs Cin McNicholas

Should be the TRC representatives in the playoffs.

Part of that was our defense taking them out of their game. They were playing well. The turnovers and goal line stop deflated Riverside, somewhat. I really thought Riverside would score twice. Very nice team, as usual. Great crowd from Riverside. Best of luck moving forward and Go Pirates!
I was disappointed in their crowd, that game was for league championship and their stands were maybe half full.

Maybe that was Riverside’s best, Milton is just tuff and motivates

Solid schedule :rolleyes:
Looks like a Michigan schedule, a bunch of cupcakes then get to the tuff games at the end of the season. The league over all was just terrible, I mean terrible. The 2nd and 3rd place teams were not even close to Milton but played Milton’s backups tough. I hope the Dogs are able to respond with tougher competition

I’d love to know who James CW, JimMurphy, and winbypin root for. Wbp is Troy Christian, I believe. James CW is just a troll, and Jimmurphey must be some school in the WOAC. ENLIGHTEN US.

Looks like a Michigan schedule, a bunch of cupcakes then get to the tuff games at the end of the season. The league over all was just terrible, I mean terrible. The 2nd and 3rd place teams were not even close to Milton but played Milton’s backups tough. I hope the Dogs are able to respond with tougher competition
Relax, you will be back to above average very quickly. Congrats to this MU team, cheering for them every game!!

Riverside vs Lehman
Milton vs Carlisle
Northridge vs Cin McNicholas

Should be the TRC representatives in the playoffs.
Riverside should bounce back with a league rematch. McNicholas will be far too much for Northridge. MU/Carlisle are old SWBL Buckeye Division rivals. I think Carlisle’s style could give certain teams a tough time on Week 11, but not MU. Carlisle will have familiarity, but this is far too strong of an MU team.

I find Murphy to be a class act. He is a Tri Village fan.
Thank you :) I know I sound a little harsh on here but I just feel like we can't make any negative MU comments on here. Do I think MU is really really good, you bet I do. Will they make a deep playoff run, for sure. Does it concern me that MU has only had one tough game absolutely. I think MU can win region 20 and I think they have the best team but it does hurt them ALOT by not having opponents that play at there level, I believe so. That's my one and only problem with MU.

Thank you :) I know I sound a little harsh on here but I just feel like we can't make any negative MU comments on here. Do I think MU is really really good, you bet I do. Will they make a deep playoff run, for sure. Does it concern me that MU has only had one tough game absolutely. I think MU can win region 20 and I think they have the best team but it does hurt them ALOT by not having opponents that play at there level, I believe so. That's my one and only problem with MU.
I think that is fair.
But what other leagues their size would've been much different for them this year?

Milton left the SWBL Buckeye. Dixie, Preble, Madison, Carlisle, Northridge and Waynesville are no better than the TRC. (or not by much). I know someone will say "Waynesville". I would love to see a Waynesville/Riverside game.

The OHC or WOAC might've given them one good contest, but if they were in the WOAC, week 2 would've been scheduled and then they would not have played Valley View, and nobody in those leagues would've been a better game. I don't think Northeastern was challenged this year more than once in the OHC. 2 if you count Mechanicsburg, who looks good at 8-2, but only beat one team with a winning record. Not convinced.

Who does that leave? I agree Valley View and Brookville had tougher schedules, but their schedules were never an option for MU. I think if you are concerned about MU's schedule not preparing them, you should also mention the same for Northeastern and Greeneview, and probably ZT.

The comment by JamesCW was the issue. You can be negative but remember they are kids. Demeaning their undefeated season is not classy. It’s immature and I won’t allow that no matter what team it is.

Riverside should bounce back with a league rematch. McNicholas will be far too much for Northridge. MU/Carlisle are old SWBL Buckeye Division rivals. I think Carlisle’s style could give certain teams a tough time on Week 11, but not MU. Carlisle will have familiarity, but this is far too strong of an MU team.
I think Carlisle will give MU a game but I’m not sure we’ve seen the best game from MU, yet. They had a rough time early-on with Northridge and Riverside. I thought the turnovers and then the goal line stand were pivotal. Milton’s pass defense is still coming along. Riverside has a great QB, RB and WR. They are very well coached.

The comment by JamesCW was the issue. You can be negative but remember they are kids. Demeaning their undefeated season is not classy. It’s immature and I won’t allow that no matter what team it is.
Let's put the shoe on the other foot then.

How is it not demeaning to the entire TRC when Milton fans say "the league is terrible"?
That demeans all the young athletes at Riverside, Northridge, Bethel, Lehman , Troy Christian and Miami East.

I have watched CCC football for many years and will say the TRC is in my opinion a step up, even if small, to the CCC.

When we demean the conference as a whole we are demeaning many more kids than when someone takes a shot at the best team of the conference for their schedule.

Unless you are talking about Covington, those things are best left unsaid.

@Bless Em All @dograt

What does MU have to do to make a deep run?
My thoughts:
RunFastBaugh has to touch the ball every set of downs. MU tackles well, they need to emphasis that even more. Usually in HS playoffs whomever tackles the best wins. Since everyone of the teams has studs. Is their D going to carry them, or will they need to score 20+.

The tall kid basketball center kid is so unique. I find him such a mismatch problem. I would love some jump balls to him, or even screens.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot then.

How is it not demeaning to the entire TRC when Milton fans say "the league is terrible"?
That demeans all the young athletes at Riverside, Northridge, Bethel, Lehman , Troy Christian and Miami East.

I have watched CCC football for many years and will say the TRC is in my opinion a step up, even if small, to the CCC.

When we demean the conference as a whole we are demeaning many more kids than when someone takes a shot at the best team of the conference for their schedule.

Unless you are talking about Covington, those things are best left unsaid.
It's tough, I have lived in 9 states. Everyone of those states this would be a very normal small school conference. This conference is going to send double digits kids to college or even more. The team I cheer for who had a really challenging and tough year, Have at least 3 kids who will get some money to play fball in college. And they were second to last!!!

BUT: Ohio is FB crazy and even more
The Mac blurs it all and I think it distorts what small school football is. ( or it's the seven divisions zing)