2022 St. Edward Football

Stow had been much better in the past few years. They've now clinched 16 seed with Erie's loss, so they will visit next week. Will they be able to do an audio only broadcast?

The Eagles run the ball well, and when they get efficient QB play, look extremely good offensively. D continues to improve and has demonstrated their ability to run sideline to sideline with anyone. Keys to post season success or... focus (they tend to lose focus and turn over the ball) and prevent the big play.

Go Eagles!

Stow had been much better in the past few years. They've now clinched 16 seed with Erie's loss, so they will visit next week. Will they be able to do an audio only broadcast?
My understanding is video can be done as long as spectrum or NFHS doesn't do the game

While the Stow game doesn't appear to present much in terms of fanfare, one interesting backstory will be the Gregory brothers squaring off against each other. The elder, Teddy, is a standout senior linebacker for Stow while the sophomore Nate has been impressive in his first year starting for the Eagles at linebacker.

Last year, St. Edward provided a live-stream video feed for the first two playoff games vs. Lorain and Berea-Midpark. The regional semi-final vs. McKinley was audio only, followed after the game by tape delayed video. The regional final vs. Medina was audio only.

Looks like we could play the school from the lower westside again in the regional semi if they get past Marshall and Cleveland Hts and we win both of ours.

While the Stow game doesn't appear to present much in terms of fanfare, one interesting backstory will be the Gregory brothers squaring off against each other. The elder, Teddy, is a standout senior linebacker for Stow while the sophomore Nate has been impressive in his first year starting for the Eagles at linebacke

Round one went pretty much as expected. Running clock by halftime, reserves taking over in the second half. Haven't seen Jackson at all this year, but is there any reason to believe we don't see something similar next week?

A few observations from last night. I thought Coach Lombardo was wise to work the passing game early instead of just bludgeoning Stow with the run game. Bullock showed nice poise and spread the ball around to his WR's. That will increase his comfort level moving forward in the passing game. We will no doubt need to pass at some point as the challenges will only grow ahead.

Going to the game was worth it just to see one play that didn't even count. It was an electrifying punt return by #1 Kyan Mason. He caught the ball and ran to his left to the Stow sideline then did a 180 and reversed field all the way over to the Ed's sideline then streaked down that sideline and with three incredible moves avoided the last three Stow defenders as he took it into the end zone. Of course, it was all for naught with an illegal crack-back block that only happened because of his ability to completely change direction. Even though it didn't count, that will look great on a highlight reel.

I thought Teddy Gregory of Stow was a tough kid who played hard. He just didn't have anyone around him to really help. And yes, his younger brother Nate (who plays for us) tackled him a few times so I'm sure there's a lot of talk at the Gregory residence this AM.

It was all backups late in the 2nd quarter. Those kids played hard and were rewarded for all the practice time they had with limited game action before tonight. Jacob Robinson had a couple of TD runs in relief.

i thought Stow's young coach was pretty good. He had a video board behind the bench to have his coordinators go over the last series of play (both O and D) with his players. He simply didn't have the horses, but never stopped coaching. If they find some players, he'll turn that program around again.

The Stow band was unreal. It was like the Normandy invasion. They never stopped coming. They took up a couple sections of the stadium. I'm always amazed at the big D1 public suburban school bands. Very impressive.

Lastly, not that I'm the fashion police, but those white pants have got to go. I prefer the Packer look. 😊

Definitely prefer the classic "gold" pants with the green jerseys. However, when they have white tops the white bottoms look great.

Lastly, not that I'm the fashion police, but those white pants have got to go. I prefer the Packer look. 😊
My senior year, 1973 season, was the first year of the Packer look. Prior to that, we wore white helmets with the same E logo, dark green jerseys with EAGLES across the front and white pants with thin green and gold stripes down the sides. Away jerseys were white stretchy nylon/banlon with green numbers.

It's been a pleasure to watch this Eagles' team compete each week. The staff has challenged them with a difficult schedule and by placing them in game situations that have allowed them to mature as a team and as individual contributors. They enjoy enough talent as a team to contend this year.

What I like about this team is that they can run the ball to control a game and stop the run to make an opponent one dimensional. IMO, should they continue to enjoy efficient QB play and remain strong up the middle defensively, this team should advance.

Go Eagles!

Last edited:
Very business like approach last night in securing the 42-0 victory over the Massillon Jackson Polar Bears. The OL/DL's dominated and that was pretty much the ball game. Great to see WR Kyan Mason #1 get loose on a 63yard TD reception. His speed showed. Backup Jr. RB #24 Joshua Groudle continues to play well in absence of Sr. RB #3 Josh Gribble who is still out. Either are a nice change up to Marvin Bell #5.

Jr. QB Casey Bullock #6 continues to be very efficient in his passing. He doesn't throw it a lot, but his poise seems to be growing with each game.

You can watch the replay here:

No rest for the weary. Big matchup this week with a very dangerous St. I team. We'll have to get hats on #7 Webster, #25 Martin, #9 Merimee, both Haddads #10 and #12, and try to keep Papesh #14 in check.

Very business like approach last night in securing the 42-0 victory over the Massillon Jackson Polar Bears. The OL/DL's dominated and that was pretty much the ball game. Great to see WR Kyan Mason #1 get loose on a 63yard TD reception. His speed showed. Backup Jr. RB #24 Joshua Groudle continues to play well in absence of Sr. RB #3 Josh Gribble who is still out. Either are a nice change up to Marvin Bell #5.

Jr. QB Casey Bullock #6 continues to be very efficient in his passing. He doesn't throw it a lot, but his poise seems to be growing with each game.

You can watch the replay here:

No rest for the weary. Big matchup this week with a very dangerous St. I team. We'll have to get hats on #7 Webster, #25 Martin, #9 Merimee, both Haddads #10 and #12, and try to keep Papesh #14 in check.
Joshua Groudle appears to be a battering ram...it should be a fun contest next weekend.

Go Eagles!

Thought I would dig this thread out of page four or five. This match with St. I up made me nervous, especially with the weather. We played great D the whole game other than the opening possession of the second half for Ignatius. But then we closed them down and made some great plays on offense in the second half, Bell and Mason were amazing.
Next up is Mentor and a wide open offense, should be a great game next Friday.
I have loved the way the defense has grown over the year and how well the offense has improved. Eagles are playing well, but it's the final 8 in the state, you have to be at the top of your game to advance.

Run the ball, efficient QB play, and stop the run... Eagles continue to advance. Need to clean up special teams... field position could be costly as they play their next opponent.

Go Eagles!
Kicking game is a major concern. Hopefully it doesn’t cost us down the stretch here.