2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Clodfelter's 2017 Bethel Team finished 9-1 and qualified for the state playoffs that year for only the second time in school history. He was also named the Miami Valley Division 6 Coach of the Year both in 2016 and 2017. He was the Winningest coach in Beavercreek History where he was the GWOC Coach of the Year 3 different times in 2006,2007, and 2012. He was also named Division 1 Coach of the Year by the Miami Valley Football Coaches Association.

He has a lot of experience and obviously knows how to win. It's hard sometimes to get these kids to buy in to what you're selling. If he decides to move on then i wish him all the luck. If he stays, we need to embrace it and work on getting some talent here in Carlisle.
I would say that 9-1 at Bethel, and 5-5 or 6-4 at Beavercreek, are both exceptional records for those programs. At Beavercreek, it's more of a soccer and basketball school. They traditionally have many seasons where they win 1-3 games. With Bethel, you can say the same. It's a 1-4 win team on most years.

I looked it up. He was at Beavercreek for 10 years with the big boys. His record was was 44-56. Really good record considering their past. Only had 3 losing seasons and 2 of them were the first two years that count anyway.

I looked it up. He was at Beavercreek for 10 years with the big boys. His record was was 44-56. Really good record considering their past. Only had 3 losing seasons and 2 of them were the first two years that count anyway.
that’s quite impressive at beavercreek! he’s never inherited a program with much culture or tradition. at the very least, he brings stability and structure and uses that to get the most out of what he has.

I have watched it for 3 years. I will say I like Clods structure and his love for the game. He has done a good job at Carlisle and seems like the community supports him. Like I said in a previous post I understand the triple and it can be a very time consuming offense, to keep the other teams offense off the field. That keeps the games much more competitive.

Carlisle is a small fish in a big pond (SWBL) they don’t have the numbers to help. I pretty sure they have 1 coach that’s a teacher at the school. Which makes it hard to get kids interest up. I know there is some some athletes that do not play. I don’t know reasons why, but they play Basketball and baseball.

not going to waste my time talking about a 2-2 8th grade class, crazy how a lot of people are misinformed about certain classes. I know they have some kids in that grade that will eventually help but they are 2-3 years away from making an impact. In high school you need to put 2-3 good classes together to be successful.

Last edited:
that’s quite impressive at beavercreek! he’s never inherited a program with much culture or tradition. at the very least, he brings stability and structure and uses that to get the most out of what he has.

That record at Beavercreek is a surprise to me. For the other poster, I believe Paul Martin is still has the most wins as a creek head coach and I do not think CLodfleter won any oiutright GWOC titles and I am absolutely certain they never made the playoffs. I have no issue with the style of play...just was never impressed with his teams....if that was his record at Bcreek then it is better than I would have imagined. I do not know what years he was there so no way for me to confirm or deny. I suspect his overall record at Bethel was a losing one as well as it has been a Carlisle, so I have to think he does well with kids, and is a good guy. And that is enough.

That record at Beavercreek is a surprise to me. For the other poster, I believe Paul Martin is still has the most wins as a creek head coach and I do not think CLodfleter won any oiutright GWOC titles and I am absolutely certain they never made the playoffs. I have no issue with the style of play...just was never impressed with his teams....if that was his record at Bcreek then it is better than I would have imagined. I do not know what years he was there so no way for me to confirm or deny. I suspect his overall record at Bethel was a losing one as well as it has been a Carlisle, so I have to think he does well with kids, and is a good guy. And that is enough.
Read my post up top.

Carlisle's record the last 10 years to this point:

Overall 54-54
League 37-30

Playoffs 2015,2016,2020,2021

2012 - 8-2
2013 - 7-3
2014 - 5-5
2015 - 6-5 *
2016 - 8-3 *
2017 - 7-3
2018 - 0-10
2019 - 1-9
2020 - 4-6 * Covid Year
2021 - 6-6 *
2022 - 2-5

Madison and Carlisle are in a bad place. There is not much room for error when 5 wins is considered a success and 3 has the Coaches on the hot seat. They have some better matchups the next three weeks hoping they can get a couple more wins to end the season.

Don’t quote me on this… but rumor has it Orr and Ebright out for Eaton this week. They said it had to do with school stuff. I guess we will see Friday.

All you have to do is go the GWOC website and find Beavercreek record. He was there from 2004-13. Not Hard Penquin. At Bethel he was 30-20 in five years.

I have watched it for 3 years. I will say I like Clods structure and his love for the game. He has done a good job at Carlisle and seems like the community supports him. Like I said in a previous post I understand the triple and it can be a very time consuming offense, to keep the other teams offense off the field. That keeps the games much more competitive.

Carlisle is a small fish in a big pond (SWBL) they don’t have the numbers to help. I pretty sure they have 1 coach that’s a teacher at the school. Which makes it hard to get kids interest up. I know there is some some athletes that do not play. I don’t know reasons why, but they play Basketball and baseball.

not going to waste my time talking about a 2-2 8th grade class, crazy how a lot of people are misinformed about certain classes. I know they have some kids in that grade that will eventually help but they are 2-3 years away from making an impact. In high school you need to put 2-3 good classes together to be successful.
When you have teams that historically run your offense and variations better than you in your league, maybe it’s time for a change. Brookville, monroe both out triple Carlisle, I’m not overly impressed. The success he saw was from a senior class that was forced into varsity because of injuries and transfers as freshman who wouldn’t have started JV 2 years before, but you saw brown go o-10 and clod go 1-9 but by the their senior years was about lower middle of the pack. 7 SWBL wins in 4 years in rough, Carlisle had been a respectable program for years, this is like revisiting the 1990s again for them.

Overall 54-54
League 37-30

2012 - 8-2
2013 - 7-3
2014 - 5-5
2015 - 6-5 *
2016 - 8-3 *
2017 - 7-3
2018 - 0-10
2019 - 1-9
2020 - 4-6 * Covid Year
2021 - 6-6 *
2022 - 2-5
From Jewell through Brown 2017 Carlisle was loaded with talent and a team you didn’t want to play. Wheels fell off transfer and playing a lot of kids because they had to who was not ready for varsity 2018- on.

I agree with the fact that Carlisle currently doesn't match up well with anyone in the league besides Madison. Will that change anytime soon, I don't think so with only the 8th grade class currently having any success. Is Clod the right fit at Carlisle? I honestly don't know. With him not being in the building will the numbers ever get better than 35-40? Is he recruiting the halls and building relationship with other athletes? I don't have those answers.
I’m not overly impressed, only success he had was playing a senior class that because of injuries and transfers Brown was forced to play as freshman and struggled to be average as seniors. I see his track record as someone that slides in wins a little breaks even then moves on, maybe more comfortable with his familiarity with the AD but I don’t think it gets much better with this played out song and dance.

Overall 54-54
League 37-30

2012 - 8-2
2013 - 7-3
2014 - 5-5
2015 - 6-5 *
2016 - 8-3 *
2017 - 7-3
2018 - 0-10
2019 - 1-9
2020 - 4-6 * Covid Year
2021 - 6-6 *
2022 - 2-5
I wouldn’t even count 2020 as a playoff when everybody went and I think the format now with 16 in nonsense, 3 wins and your in? Come on

I wouldn’t even count 2020 as a playoff when everybody went and I think the format now with 16 in nonsense, 3 wins and your in? Come on
it is very likely to be 2 wins in some cases..d1 region 1 has a one win and 4 two win teams in as of now. region 3 has a one and 2 2's, region 4 has 3 2 game winners in including st x who are 10th in the region at 2-5. region 8 has a one win team in right now. Region 19 and 20 have 2- 2 wins in the top 16 this week. all div6 regions have a 2 win team in right now as do 3 of the 4 div 7 regions inclduing region 28 which has a 1 win team in at this stage.

it is very likely to be 2 wins in some cases..d1 region 1 has a one win and 4 two win teams in as of now. region 3 has a one and 2 2's, region 4 has 3 2 game winners in including st x who are 10th in the region at 2-5. region 8 has a one win team in right now. Region 19 and 20 have 2- 2 wins in the top 16 this week. all div6 regions have a 2 win team in right now as do 3 of the 4 div 7 regions inclduing region 28 which has a 1 win team in at this stage.
Ridiculous! I think making the playoffs should mean something 8 is plenty, everybody with a pulse makes it.

Watching first half of this game vs Eaton against backups. Coaches definitely need to give it up. Eaton is out coaching them tonight. If things don’t change Madison will beat them next week

2 minute offense and they continue to run dive plays. If Ad is watching this time to clean house. I see why the amount of boys are so low here. Try to give dude benefit of doubt but the game has surpassed him

14-0 Eaton at half