2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

I predicted the Monroe - Franklin score 31-21 with Monroe winning. Guess i was being a little to generous with allowing myself to think Franklin would score 21 points. What happened here?

I predicted the Monroe - Franklin score 31-21 with Monroe winning. Guess i was being a little to generous with allowing myself to think Franklin would score 21 points. What happened here?
Monroe has an experienced defense and Franklins O- line is very young

Monroe is a good football team, if they don’t self inflict on themselves. If they play a clean game as they did against Franklin they are tough to beat. QB and Fb are both hard to handle both have Home run capabilities. Looks like Jackson had a big game.

Monroe played their best game of the season on both sides of the ball. Only one penalty (a holding in the third quarter) and no turnovers. Monroe also owned time of possession. With 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Franklin had only run 3 plays in the second half. Jackson started the game with an 88 yard run for a TD on the Monroe's first possession, then followed it up with a 50+ yard run on the first play of Monroe's second possession. Wasn't impressed with Franklin's play calling either. A lot of Monk up the middle with very little success. If Monroe can continue to play clean like they did Friday, they have an opportunity to finish the season strong.

Standings:
East:

Bellbrook 4-0 (6-1)
Monroe 3-1 (5-2)
Franklin 2-2 (2-5)
Waynesville 1-3 (3-4)
Oakwood 1-3 (2-5)

West:
Valley View 4-0 (6-1)
Brookville 3-1 (6-1)
Eaton 2-2 (4-3)
Carlisle 0-4 (2-5)
Middletown Madison 0-4 (1-6)

Week 8 Games:

Valley View @ Franklin
Eaton @ Carlisle
Bellbrook @ Oakwood
Waynesville @ Monroe
Madison @ Brookville

Week 8 Games:

Valley View
@ Franklin
Eaton @ Carlisle
Bellbrook @ Oakwood
Waynesville @ Monroe - this will be close. 34-27 Monroe
Madison @ Brookville

If Waynesville's QB is injured, I'm assuming that will make playing Monroe very difficult. Waynesville is definitely competitive as they've hung tough with both Eaton and Bellbrook.

Valley View 42-6- Franklin isn’t the Franklin of years past. They haven’t been able to put it together this year. Clark from VV will have 200 yards rushing. They are much more physical.

Eaton 27-18, let’s see if Carlisle can play some inspiring football this week. Eaton is more talented and probably pretty hungry after last weeks game.

Bellbrook 35-21, Bellbrook to much for Oakwood, Oakwood has been playing better of late. They will hang around for awhile.

Monroe 35-28, Monroe weakness is pass defense. They will give up some yards in air if Waynesville OB is healthy. Will be the best game of week in Swbl.

Brookville 49-0 JV plays second half.

Valley View 42-6- Franklin isn’t the Franklin of years past. They haven’t been able to put it together this year. Clark from VV will have 200 yards rushing. They are much more physical.

Eaton 27-18, let’s see if Carlisle can play some inspiring football this week. Eaton is more talented and probably pretty hungry after last weeks game.

Bellbrook 35-21, Bellbrook to much for Oakwood, Oakwood has been playing better of late. They will hang around for awhile.

Monroe 35-28, Monroe weakness is pass defense. They will give up some yards in air if Waynesville OB is healthy. Will be the best game of week in Swbl.

Love your enthusiasm here. Eaton will pound Carlisle so let's be honest. We typically don't match up well with them. Bellbrook will beat Oakwood with ease imo as well.

You look at the stats from Carlisle and VV, you would think Carlisle won that game. It's amazing to me to see those stats and the game not close. 14 points off of special teams obviously helps!

Week 8. Entering the home stretch and closing in on the playoffs. I think it’s fair to say that the SWBL has taken shape. Divisions aside, I see the SWBL as 5 tiers.

Tier 1: Great teams and contenders that can make some serious noise in 3 weeks- 1. Valley View 2. Brookville 3. Bellbrook

Tier 2: above average to good teams that should get in and could maybe win a game- 4. Monroe 5. Eaton

Tier 3: average teams that are competitive but have some holes- 6. Waynesville 7. Oakwood

Tier 4: seem to have a lot of holes…- 8. Franklin 9. Carlisle

Tier 5: Madison

Tiers;
1: Valley View- they beat Bellbrook by 21. Far above any other team in the SWBL.
2: Brookville, Bellbrook- these two are very equal and would be a great game.
3: Monroe, Eaton- Again very equal teams.
4: everyone else- it really doesn’t matter at this level. lol.

Week 8. Entering the home stretch and closing in on the playoffs. I think it’s fair to say that the SWBL has taken shape. Divisions aside, I see the SWBL as 5 tiers.

Tier 1: Great teams and contenders that can make some serious noise in 3 weeks- 1. Valley View 2. Brookville 3. Bellbrook

Tier 2: above average to good teams that should get in and could maybe win a game- 4. Monroe 5. Eaton

Tier 3: average teams that are competitive but have some holes- 6. Waynesville 7. Oakwood

I generally agree with these tiers. Bellbrook may end up being the class of the league when it's all said and done. I think them and VV will be a great game in Week 10.

We will find out week 10 as the rivalry pits Bellbrook and valley view in a huge matchup. Could be 8-1 vs 8-1 both league champs of their respective sides (east/west)
I don’t see either team winning by 21 with all due respect bless ‘em

but food for thought , Bellbrook off of 10-0 and 8-2 regional qualifier seasons back to back , this was supposed to be a down year in the brook , speaks volumes to coach Jenkins ans the staff , they have truly built a “program” over there during Jenkins 6 year tenure .
much respect to what they’ve accomplished over the past 6 seasons
We appreciate you coach 🙏

Week 8 Games:

Valley View
@ Franklin-The Spartans by a bunch. I just don't think Franklin is very good.
Eaton @ Carlisle-The Eagles by 2 or 3 scores.
Bellbrook @ Oakwood-Bellbrook by a couple of scores, but I think the Jacks are good enough to put 20+ on the board.
Waynesville @ Monroe-If the Waynesville QB is out, Monroe wins this going away. If he's in, I'll take the Hornets by 14.
Madison @ Brookville-The Blue Devils can name the score.

This will play itself out over the next couple of weeks with VV playing Bellbrook and Monroe playing Waynesville, Bellbrook and Eaton, but I think your pretty close.

You look at the stats from Carlisle and VV, you would think Carlisle won that game. It's amazing to me to see those stats and the game not close. 14 points off of special teams obviously helps!
Yeah Carlisle typically can move the ball 20-20 , then sputters out as the field gets shorter. The stat line is definitely odd in VV game, but special teams were a big factor and VV made the most of their chances when they had possession.

Carlisle doesn’t match up well with Eaton, but Eaton seems to be hit or miss this season. They have the talent to beat some good team, then play down to their opponents. I’m hoping Carlisle starts to put things together and play with a little more intensity. We shall see I’m just hoping to keep it close for 3 quarters lol. I know Eaton has the possibility of blowing it wide open. Just hope long Carlisle comes in and plays hard.

We will find out week 10 as the rivalry pits Bellbrook and valley view in a huge matchup. Could be 8-1 vs 8-1 both league champs of their respective sides (east/west)
I don’t see either team winning by 21 with all due respect bless ‘em

but food for thought , Bellbrook off of 10-0 and 8-2 regional qualifier seasons back to back , this was supposed to be a down year in the brook , speaks volumes to coach Jenkins ans the staff , they have truly built a “program” over there during Jenkins 6 year tenure .
much respect to what they’ve accomplished over the past 6 seasons
We appreciate you coach 🙏
I've said it on here multiple times, BB is 5-0 against VV the past five seasons. That Week 10 game is never easy for either school. Bellbrook's games this year have maybe been a little more competitive, but they've done very well all season. They gave Tipp City all they could handle in Week 1.

Yeah Carlisle typically can move the ball 20-20 , then sputters out as the field gets shorter. The stat line is definitely odd in VV game, but special teams were a big factor and VV made the most of their chances when they had possession.

Carlisle doesn’t match up well with Eaton, but Eaton seems to be hit or miss this season. They have the talent to beat some good team, then play down to their opponents. I’m hoping Carlisle starts to put things together and play with a little more intensity. We shall see I’m just hoping to keep it close for 3 quarters lol. I know Eaton has the possibility of blowing it wide open. Just hope long Carlisle comes in and plays hard.
Has Clodfelter ever had any success leading a program? I know he was not good at Beavercreek, maybe 5-5 or 6-4 one season.. he went to Bethel to "win state championships" and I do not recall a winning season there. Looks like one 6-6 in his Carlisle days. May be a great person and a positive influence on kids I do not know either way.. but I have to hope so since he does not seem to win much.

Has Clodfelter ever had any success leading a program? I know he was not good at Beavercreek, maybe 5-5 or 6-4 one season.. he went to Bethel to "win state championships" and I do not recall a winning season there. Looks like one 6-6 in his Carlisle days. May be a great person and a positive influence on kids I do not know either way.. but I have to hope so since he does not seem to win much.
Carlisle Program was a hot mess before he got here. They botched a hiring and Clod came in on short notice. Since Clod has been here his record is -

2019 1-9
2020 4-6 Covid
2021 6-6
2022 will be under .500

So no winning seasons to talk about. He came in and took over an 0-10 team that was not very good. He brought structure and discipline to the team and turned that part around for sure. The Senior Class that just Graduated was a really good class, I truly think if they had a different Offensive scheme he would have won a lot more games with that group. I get what he tries to do but he is set on his ways and believes in his offense. You have to have the personnel to run his scheme. At Carlisle your dealing with not having a lot of kids playing every year, if i was guessing 35-40 every year. To run the triple you have to have a dynamic QB that is a running threat and a physical offensive line. I know previous years before the 0-10 season Carlisle was really competitive.

2017 7-3
2016. 8-3
2015 6-5
2014 5-5
2013 7-3
2012 8-2

Last edited:
Carlisle Program was a hot mess before he got here. They botched a hiring and Clod came in on short notice. Since Clod has been her his record is -

2019 1-9
2020 4-6 Covid
2021 6-6
2022 will be under .500

So no winning seasons to talk about. He came in and took over an 0-10 team that was not very good. He brought structure and discipline to the team and turned that part around for sure. The Senior Class that just Graduated was a really good class, I truly think if they had a different Offensive scheme he would have won a lot more games with that group. I get what he tries to do but he is set on his ways and believes in his offense. You have to have the personnel to run his scheme. At Carlisle your dealing with not having a lot if kids playing every year, if i was guessing 35-40 every year. To run the triple you have to have a dynamic QB that is a running threat and a physical offensive line. I know previous years before the 0-10 season Carlisle was really competitive.

2017 7-3
2016. 8-3
2015 6-5
2014 5-5
2013 7-3
2012 8-2
Yes, I am aware of the previous hiring of one of Clod's former assistants and the decision to hire him instead.

Clodfelter's 2017 Bethel Team finished 9-1 and qualified for the state playoffs that year for only the second time in school history. He was also named the Miami Valley Division 6 Coach of the Year both in 2016 and 2017. He was the Winningest coach in Beavercreek History where he was the GWOC Coach of the Year 3 different times in 2006,2007, and 2012. He was also named Division 1 Coach of the Year by the Miami Valley Football Coaches Association.

He has a lot of experience and obviously knows how to win. It's hard sometimes to get these kids to buy in to what you're selling. If he decides to move on then i wish him all the luck. If he stays, we need to embrace it and work on getting some talent here in Carlisle.

Following the GWOC as I have for years I can tell you Clodfelter is a solid coach. He is old school yes but everywhere he goes the program gets much better and then when he leaves the program goes back to 0-10. Consider he has been at some very traditionally bad programs and made them all competitive. He has beat every "legendary" coach in the area and won the league at Beavercreek for like the second time in 50 years. The point that most people miss is the reason they do well and compete is BECAUSE of the tripe option. If you take these kids and put them in the spread they are down 48-0 at halftime most games. I have a question, other than Madison, who do the Indians " Match up" with in league play? When Carlisle had good teams they still has Prebble, Northridge, and Dixie which makes huge difference.

Following the GWOC as I have for years I can tell you Clodfelter is a solid coach. He is old school yes but everywhere he goes the program gets much better and then when he leaves the program goes back to 0-10. Consider he has been at some very traditionally bad programs and made them all competitive. He has beat every "legendary" coach in the area and won the league at Beavercreek for like the second time in 50 years. The point that most people miss is the reason they do well and compete is BECAUSE of the tripe option. If you take these kids and put them in the spread they are down 48-0 at halftime most games. I have a question, other than Madison, who do the Indians " Match up" with in league play? When Carlisle had good teams they still has Prebble, Northridge, and Dixie which makes huge difference.
I agree with the fact that Carlisle currently doesn't match up well with anyone in the league besides Madison. Will that change anytime soon, I don't think so with only the 8th grade class currently having any success. Is Clod the right fit at Carlisle? I honestly don't know. With him not being in the building will the numbers ever get better than 35-40? Is he recruiting the halls and building relationship with other athletes? I don't have those answers.