2022 Regional Semifinal Neutral Sites

The purpose of high school sports is for the students, where professional sports are primarily for those watching. That high school sports have any entertainment value is a bonus, not a necessity.
Well the WNBA has no entertainment value as evidenced by losing over ten million dollars a year, so it must not be a necessity for pro sports either.

All I can say is the students better have deep pockets so they can pay to play all the sports no one cares about that have had n'ary a fan in the history of the sport.

Well the WNBA has no entertainment value as evidenced by losing over ten million dollars a year, so it must not be a necessity for pro sports either.

All I can say is the students better have deep pockets so they can pay to play all the sports no one cares about that have had n'ary a fan in the history of the sport.
Outstanding that it's not the sports you don't care about, but kids in your community. You're quite the human being wishing against opportunity for children.

Outstanding that it's not the sports you don't care about, but kids in your community. You're quite the human being wishing against opportunity for children.
So consider there are many cases when it is detrimental to be an athlete in a sport that no one cares about. I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who have daughters who spent a lot of time and money to get really good at basketball, or softball, et al and they went to college on an athletic scholarship and were exceptional players. However when they were done with college they asked the question well what do I do now? They say their passion is whatever sport and they really enjoy playing it but there are hardly any opportunities in the real world for sports that no one cares about. Unfortunately the reality is you generally cannot make a living playing sports no one cares about after college, no matter how good you are... the problem is the kids don't realize when they start playing a certain sport that 10-15 years later they won't be able to make a living playing that sport 99% of the time. Female basketball players are fortunate the NBA is willing to subsidize the WNBA or there would be no opportunity for girls to play basketball beyond college. A lot of kids who play more obscure sports are absolutely devastated when they learn they pretty much wasted 15 years of their life and now have to figure out what to do for a living.

Remember sometimes what is better in the here and now in the short run, is ultimately not the better in the long run.
So you may think it is great for kids to play all these sports no one cares about until the kids come to a realization after college that they wasted all their time playing a sport that gets them no where in life, and often times they end up working rather lackluster jobs like at a restaurant or in retail, when had they focused more on their studies rather than sports to get an athletic scholarship they would have been much further ahead in life and much better off.

In a word, your post is nonsense. Student-athletes in college, regardless of whether there's a path to doing it for a living, outperform the general student body academically and tend to have better skills at working in a team environment (i.e. work). My college sport happened to be football, but at a D3 level with absolutely no possibility of making a living at it. It did help me in what was a pretty decent career in business from the lessons learned. It just as easily could have been any other sport offered.