2022 GCYL Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard another stat from admission reps across the city. About 20% of westside young men and women end up at X, Moe, Ursuline, Ursula or Walnut Hills. Guess what the percentage of eastside kids make it to Elder or Seton?

It's less than 2%, with the majority ending up at Seton, not Elder.

Elder broadened to a deeper westside (White Oak, Indiana, Westwood), but do not recruit the whole city.

The GCL schools don't recruit the entire city for simply enrollment numbers and not just Catholic kids. They also do it for diversity of thought and talent (yes, for sports as well). Elder sticks to mostly west-side Catholic feeder kids. That's a fact, they will tell you the same thing.

They're not going after those kids because they don't want them. They don't want diversity of thought and talent. They want the same kid they've been getting for 100 years.
Post the article

What did I say that wasn't true?

Just because I shredded your story with logic and factual information? Those westside teams I mentioned did completely destroy everyone, alot by halftime. What did I make up? Because I don't have the actual scores means it didn't happen?

I literally gave you multiple examples and you continue to say I just make stuff up. I think that would be you.

People continue to try to suppress the truth on this forum. And it's not me. Establishment protection.
LOL. You rarely if ever come to this board with logic and factual information. More like bitterness and hearsay.

They don't pursue athletes because people don't want them taking spots from the feeder families who have been plotting their spot since 5th grade. That's the truth, especially for the former sports daddies who think their son is entitled to a spot. All I'm asking is for a smidge of honesty in all of this.

Do you really think Elder couldn't go out and get more athletes if they tried? They're not trying for a reason. They have never sought after them, and they never will, unless there's a complete culture flip.
Honestly, there's nothing in either paragraph here that contains any sort of facts whatsoever.

My guess is they are happy with the amount of kids the school already has and the way they recruit as is. I don't even know what the argument is anymore?? You didn't reply back to my earlier post about kids from X and Ursula coming to Elder because your point didn't make any sense.

Basically you are saying Elder doesn't recruit CPS or far away lands because the dads would be upset with that. I think it's simply because they are happy with what they have and have always had and its nothing to do with upsetting dad's. Whether people like it or not Elder is happy with how the model has worked for generations and continues to work. Sports IMO doesn't play into how they recruit. It's really as simple as that. The Kelseys had nothing to do with Elder when they transferred from RB and it certainly wasn't for sports. They like anyone else who wants to come to Elder are welcome if they truly want to be there, not just for sports.
Well said. They've definitely expanded their reach just even the past 5-10 years. There have been more kids coming from non-traditional areas - few from IHM, GA, St Thomas More, then this year they've got at least one from SMOY.

There are also so many other things to do at Elder now than even 5-10 years ago. The academics have stepped up along with other unique programs they now offer.

Last edited:
Honestly, there's nothing in either paragraph here that contains any sort of facts whatsoever.
This is not the topic where you asked for examples. Moving the goalposts, like always.

I gave several examples of westside teams running up scores too, which was the topic in question. So stop with the westside holier than thou approach to everything.

My guess is they are happy with the amount of kids the school already has and the way they recruit as is. I don't even know what the argument is anymore?? You didn't reply back to my earlier post about kids from X and Ursula coming to Elder because your point didn't make any sense.

Basically you are saying Elder doesn't recruit CPS or far away lands because the dads would be upset with that. I think it's simply because they are happy with what they have and have always had and its nothing to do with upsetting dad's. Whether people like it or not Elder is happy with how the model has worked for generations and continues to work. Sports IMO doesn't play into how they recruit. It's really as simple as that. The Kelseys had nothing to do with Elder when they transferred from RB and it certainly wasn't for sports. They like anyone else who wants to come to Elder are welcome if they truly want to be there, not just for sports.
I'm not arguing anything, I'm just giving my point of view.

This also isn't about me thinking Elder should be doing it a certain way, or is doing something "wrong". I honestly don't care if they go get athletes or not. Have at it, see what happens. Or continue to roll out the red carpet for Logan Legacy, whatever, I don't care.

HOWEVER, my point is that this forum has to make up their mind. You're either happy with watching feeder kids perform, or you think they need more talent. But you need to stop straddling the fence. If you're happy with watching the feeder kids, great, enjoy it for what it is. But know that it's going to be tough to compete with the likes of those that do go get that talent. Regardless of where you sit on the fence, it's obvious there's a talent gap between Elder and some of the top tier teams they play, especially in the last 10 years since open borders too off everywhere but Elder. That's the reality with focusing your enrollment on Catholic feeder kids mostly from the westside. Kyle Rudolph comes through that door once every 20 years, if you're even that lucky.

And if you want them to go get talent, which is alot of people in this forum, evidence by the millions of posts saying how far they need to expand, you also have to realize that that will take a complete culture change for them to even consider it. So every year, when Elder plays a team and gets beats with amazing athletes, stop saying that Elder needs to go get some of those. You're not wrong, but they also aren't in the business of going to find them. They never have been, and never will be under the current administration. Also, deep down, you know that if they recruited in a bunch of public or outsider studs that took roster spots and playing time, the parents would revolt, especially the legacy daddys. They absolutely would and you know it.

There's nothing about Elder that says they're going to do this, yet why does everyone expect it?

Last edited:
And something that I mentioned that I think proves my point more than anything else:

They are smack dab in the center of CPS country. It's literally their own backyard. They don't even recruit kids that are stone's throws away from their own school. Yet they're "committed to Price Hill". OK.

Let's walk the streets around Elder and downtown and ask how many kids got a postcard. We all know the answer.

Sure you did.
Now post 9 straight times about how you are right. You really need some other hobbies.
Why does what I post bother you so much? It has to hit a nerve. If I'm so out of left field, ignore it and move on. Or better yet, just block me.

Probably one of those legacy entitled daddy's that live or die on little johnny strapping it up for the purple and white.

Carl Kremer is the Joe Paterno of HS basketball, in that he (allegedly) knew about sexual assault and did nothing to report it

No matter under how many times you say this and under how many different screen names, it will never be the truth. So many examples exist of kids who have come to Elder from non-feeder schools, that I really can't understand why you repeat the same lie over and over again.

Elder is not going to actively recruit kids for sports purposes. Elder wants "kids that give it their all for each other, their community and their school every night." When you bring in "hired-guns", you end up with situations like the college transfer portal. As an example, I was told Moeller had 4 or 5 players leave and end up as starters on other basketball teams this past season. These players began at Moe and then left to go play on other high school teams.

Another example, Moe has a freshman from St Teresa (I think) who dressed on varsity this year. He never even entered the varsity game against Elder (or freshman or jv for that matter). I was told, the family made Carl Kremer promise that if he came to Moe, he'd be on the varsity all year.

Thankfully, that is not who Elder is.
There’s a middle ground. And you’re conveniently ignoring who the Theresa kids uncle is

And something that I mentioned that I think proves my point more than anything else:

They are smack dab in the center of CPS country. It's literally their own backyard. They don't even recruit kids that are stone's throws away from their own school. Yet they're "committed to Price Hill". OK.

Let's walk the streets around Elder and downtown and ask how many kids got a postcard. We all know the answer.

The rules seem to change all the time, is that even legal and does Elder even send postcards? I really don't know. The other thing is Elder is on the hook for the cost of educating any voucher student above the state grant. It wouldn't be a good financial model to bring excess voucher kids. Elder also only takes a certain amount of students who need IEP. Stop being dumb, you know Elder isn't for everyone. It is what it is. Most CPS schools are failing and passing kids because they have to. Some kids can handle and that's probably the ones Elder typically get. For others, the academics would be too much.

Maybe Asbeck will get lucky and he can bunk with Galemmo in prison. Though knowing Galemmo, he’ll sell out Asbeck for 1/2 a pack of Marlboros.

Status
Not open for further replies.