2022 GCYL Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have realized the west side had complete reign over the GCYL. I have many family members from the west side and Elder football alum. I just know what to say to get westsiders riled up (things like your chilis No good lol). They won’t be back for championship game - but hopefully your stud will be - good player and fun to watch. You always want to beat your opponent when they are at full strength.

It was a great game. You are correct we will probably meet again. Our posts today made no comments about the CovCath boys who played hard. This site is an Westside site so as you might expect we are giddy that today we came out on top. When we meet again hopefully you will have all your players back and we will have our stud running back and linebacker. It will be fun and challenging for all
I don’t have any knowledge about the holding call other than there were two flags on the ground.

It was a great game. You are correct we will probably meet again. Our posts today made no comments about the CovCath boys who played hard. This site is an Westside site so as you might expect we are giddy that today we came out on top. When we meet again hopefully you will have all your players back and we will have our stud running back and linebacker. It will be fun and challenging for all
I don’t have any knowledge about the holding call other than there were two flags on the ground.

There have been harsh words for the adults in charge of the program, but nobody disrespected any kids.

That absolutely was holding, by the way. 😂

It’s youth football and holding could be called on any play … but that one was pretty egregious.

There have been harsh words for the adults in charge of the program, but nobody disrespected any kids.

That absolutely was holding, by the way. 😂

It’s youth football and holding could be called on any play … but that one was pretty egregious.
I agree holding could be called on any play in youth football. Just interesting when they decided to throw the flag. Cov cath was driving and in control. Ran for a first down and inside the red zone - flag comes out. Also I don’t think Jude had one flag thrown on them the whole game. The were a good team but no team is that disciplined. Not to mention cov cath got a sideline warning with their water boy coach giving kids water coming off the field and Jude’s coaches were running half way on the field when they made a good play like it was the super bowl (but yeah it was an evenly reffed game like always for the KY boys) Also see attached photo. That’s a comment calling an entire team of 11 year olds stupid.

Attachments

• 83CBC388-A6BA-4002-AF7A-BFD0E8F40C42.jpeg
    83CBC388-A6BA-4002-AF7A-BFD0E8F40C42.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 36
Yes he’s calling a team comprised of 11-12 year olds stupid when talking about an end of the year matchup for the championship. Have some respect for your opponents. Especially when talking about the top championship in the age group. The conversation should read more like - it’ll be a great matchup between two highly talented teams. St. Jude team is similar to the cov cath team as it’s comprised of multiple schools and I have no idea but I would say the pull from those 3 schools St Jude pulls is basically the same square mile area as this 6th grade cov cath team. Hopefully our hard working, tough, athletic boys will be up for the challenge of the rematch if they see each other in the playoffs.

I agree holding could be called on any play in youth football. Just interesting when they decided to throw the flag. Cov cath was driving and in control. Ran for a first down and inside the red zone - flag comes out. Also I don’t think Jude had one flag thrown on them the whole game. The were a good team but no team is that disciplined. Not to mention cov cath got a sideline warning with their water boy coach giving kids water coming off the field and Jude’s coaches were running half way on the field when they made a good play like it was the super bowl (but yeah it was an evenly reffed game like always for the KY boys) Also see attached photo. That’s a comment calling an entire team of 11 year olds stupid.
The Vols got away with a face mask at one point. I didn’t see anything else egregious.

And that was not calling 11-year-olds stupid. It’s calling how they were formed by adults a stupid method as it relates to the league. Come on, man. If you want to be taken seriously, make serious comments.

The Vols got away with a face mask at one point. I didn’t see anything else egregious.

And that was not calling 11-year-olds stupid. It’s calling how they were formed by adults a stupid method as it relates to the league. Come on, man. If you want to be taken seriously, make serious comments.

Regardless it’s disrespectful to speak that way about a team of kids whether you’re upset over how the team is made or not. It’s not the way that it should be spoken about it’s called respect. It’s clear many on this forum don’t care to respect the boys in blue.

Regardless it’s disrespectful to speak that way about a team of kids whether you’re upset over how the team is made or not. It’s not the way that it should be spoken about it’s called respect. It’s clear many on this forum don’t care to respect the boys in blue.
Respect goes both ways. It would appear Cov Cath doesn't really respect the way the league is run and the other members of the league. I'll blame the league to a degree for allowing it to happen, but no other program splits their team the way Cov Cath does at the lower levels. The weigh-in issues seem to be all hearsay, but if any part of that is true then that's also disrespectful to the league and other member programs.

LOL ok man.

Respect goes both ways. It would appear Cov Cath doesn't really respect the way the league is run and the other members of the league. I'll blame the league to a degree for allowing it to happen, but no other program splits their team the way Cov Cath does at the lower levels. The weigh-in issues seem to be all hearsay, but if any part of that is true then that's also disrespectful to the league and other member programs.
Agreed.

So cov cath needing to follow some unwritten rule that they don’t even know about is the equivalent of a grown man calling a team full of 11 and 12 year olds a stupid team. got it 🙄

I should have realized the west side had complete reign over the GCYL. I have many family members from the west side and Elder football alum. I just know what to say to get westsiders riled up (things like your chilis No good lol). They won’t be back for championship game - but hopefully your stud will be - good player and fun to watch. You always want to beat your opponent when they are at full strength.
Your comment made me laugh but completely true about getting under the skin of westsiders. Good luck to all the teams over the next few weeks. I was looking to see if they posted the brackets yet and they havent but did find this link which supports your comments. Pretty good facts on the last 10 plus years for championships

Respect the way the league is run?

The rules of the league are available for all: https://www.gcyl.org/_files/2022 GCYL League Rules of Play.pdf

Point out where it specifies how teams are to be divided. What rule is Cov Cath breaking?

Furthermore, this is in the bylaws: 5.C. THE GCYL IS A COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL CONFERENCE. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE OF PLAYING TIME.

The league is designed to be competitive. It's right there in black and white. So why is everyone upset that Cov Cath fields a competitive team and two developmental ones?

Kind of a let down game.

I noticed that RB wasn't playing Saturday, but I was also aware Cov Cath lost it's RB, FB, and OG this week as well. So both teams came in not at their best.

In saying that, I thought it was a competitive game between two well coached teams. It was a slugfest and Lourdes made a few big plays, while Cov Cath kept making errors.

As far as the hold at the end...I mean, maybe? The CC player had his hands outside, but he let go and the Lourdes player dragged him down. I think that's 50/50, and I don't blame the ref one way or the other.

I think this was a preview of the championship.

The rules of the league are available for all: https://www.gcyl.org/_files/2022 GCYL League Rules of Play.pdf

Point out where it specifies how teams are to be divided. What rule is Cov Cath breaking?

Furthermore, this is in the bylaws: 5.C. THE GCYL IS A COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL CONFERENCE. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE OF PLAYING TIME.

The league is designed to be competitive. It's right there in black and white. So why is everyone upset that Cov Cath fields a competitive team and two developmental ones?
Because westsiders are the best at youth football, chili, and corn hole and when someone a little bit better comes around from another part of town (especially across the river) they don’t understand how it’s possible. Has to be because they cheat!

Not a west sider but you can claim Mayer is better than Rudolph after he signs a couple NFL contracts and donates as much time and money back to the community as Rudolph. I think Mayer is going to be a good one, but he has a long ways to go.

I think it's been stated more than a handful of times why people have a problem with it. They pulled a fast one by the league. They knew they what they were doing and that no one else in the league did it that way, but chose to do it anyways and now people are mad about it. You aren't going to change their mind about it and it appears no one is going to change your mind either.

Status
Not open for further replies.