2022 Elder Football

Didn't seem to slow down 80% of the offense to one guy. I agree that was a factor, but cmon, it was obvious what the MO of their offense was last year.
Are you suggesting getting the ball to your best player is a bad thing? You seem to be implying it was a bad thing getting the ball to #12. Harp had a pretty big year from the other WR spot as well.

Didn't seem to slow down 80% of the offense to one guy. I agree that was a factor, but cmon, it was obvious what the MO of their offense was last year.
You’re underselling how impactful the poor play from the OL was. You know why Ramsey got so many touches? Hambleton had to get the ball out quickly. He didn’t have time to dropback and go through his progressions.

Alot of the quick hitters to Ramsey were by design. Re and Kirsh were completely underutilized. Harp could have been more of a focal point. Flowers was great catching the ball out of the backfield.

In the video above, Ramsey mentions that Elder will have to be successful "by committee" and will have to spread the ball around. He had way more talent last year, why didn't he do it then? They had the pieces to truly keep defenses honest. Harp should have had 80 catches and 800-1,000 yards. There were a couple of other tall receivers that were threats as well.

A lot of the quick hitters to Ramsey were by design. Re and Kirsh were completely underutilized. Harp could have been more of a focal point. Flowers was great catching the ball out of the backfield.

In the video above, Ramsey mentions that Elder will have to be successful "by committee" and will have to spread the ball around. He had way more talent last year, why didn't he do it then? They had the pieces to truly keep defenses honest. Harp should have had 80 catches and 800-1,000 yards. There were a couple of other tall receivers that were threats as well.
lol

I was refuting Omar's point that the QB was forced to make these quick throws because he had to.

I was in the stands for the Elder X game. Every Elder fan was wondering why they didn't use more talent to spread the ball around. Yet on here you act like I'm making it up. You know that much reliance on one kid was a detriment - we could go back right now in your football thread and pull out all of the posts that called it out too.

But now, to win a stupid internet argument, everyone flops and says it was the best thing to do. Lol OK.

Alot of the quick hitters to Ramsey were by design. Re and Kirsh were completely underutilized. Harp could have been more of a focal point. Flowers was great catching the ball out of the backfield.

Yeah, they were by design, to have Hambleton get the ball out of his as quickly as possible. And again, it doesn’t matter how good your skill players are when the OL can’t protect the QB. I’d like to know what % of their Pass plays were true drop backs. Almost everything was a quick hitter or Roll out bc Hambleton was getting crushed anytime he dropped back.

I was refuting Omar's point that the QB was forced to make these quick throws because he had to.

I was in the stands for the Elder X game. Every Elder fan was wondering why they didn't use more talent to spread the ball around. Yet on here you act like I'm making it up. You know that much reliance on one kid was a detriment - we could go back right now in your football thread and pull out all of the posts that called it out too.

But now, to win a stupid internet argument, everyone flops and says it was the best thing to do. Lol OK.
Hambleton was sacked like 3x in the 1st Half in the Regular season game. The only play they had success with was a quick Fade/jump ball to Harp.

If Elder tried to run their normal Offense, it would’ve gotten Hambleton badly injured. Anyone who saw the PC game knows what I’m talking about.

As has been pointed out, because the OL struggled to give Hambleton time to make 3-4 reads.

Both things can be true here though, Kirch and Re weren't used as much as I'm sure even Coach Ramsey would have preferred, but most of the shorter, quick routes come from the slot - which is where Drew Ramsey played and given the lack of mobility from Hambleton and struggles on the OL, the short, quick routes were the way to go a lot of the time.

As has been pointed out, because the OL struggled to give Hambleton time to make 3-4 reads.

Both things can be true here though, Kirch and Re weren't used as much as I'm sure even Coach Ramsey would have preferred, but most of the shorter, quick routes come from the slot - which is where Drew Ramsey played and given the lack of mobility from Hambleton and struggles on the OL, the short, quick routes were the way to go a lot of the time.
Right. I'm not denying what Omar is saying. It was definitely a factor.

But some guys were also under-utilized. Both can be true. Some are unwilling to say that.

Right. I'm not denying what Omar is saying. It was definitely a factor.

But some guys were also under-utilized. Both can be true. Some are unwilling to say that.
Both can be true, but one factor was a far larger influence than the other.

The Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown kick-off was yesterday. Elder is playing Lasalle in the Crosstown Showdown in week 10.

What exactly is the purpose of this?

Week 1
Huber Heights Wayne at Fairfield, 7 p.m. (Thursday, Aug. 18)
Taft at Roger Bacon, 7 p.m. (Thursday, Aug. 18)
Lawrenceburg at East Central, 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Aug. 19)

Week 2
(Greater Miami Conference Opening Night)
Colerain at Princeton, 7 p.m. (Friday, Aug. 26)
Lakota West at Lakota East, 7 p.m. (Friday, Aug. 26)

Week 3
Loveland at Milford, 7 p.m. (Friday, Sept. 2)

Week 4
Simon Kenton at Beechwood, 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Sept. 9)

Week 5
Moeller at St. Xavier, 7 p.m. (Friday, Sept. 16)

Week 6
Kettering Alter at McNicholas, 7 p.m. (Friday, Sept. 23)

Week 7
Clinton-Massie at Western Brown, 7 p.m. (Friday, Sept. 30)
Winton Woods at Kings, 7 p.m. (Friday, Sept. 30)

Week 8
Conner at Cooper, 7 p.m. (Friday, Oct. 7)

Week 9
Turpin at Anderson, 7 p.m. (Friday, Oct. 14)

Week 10
La Salle at Elder, 7 p.m. (Friday, Oct. 21)

Week 11
Covington Catholic at Ryle, 7 p.m. (Friday, Oct. 28)

Elder comes in at #9 in the pre season Blitz Top 25

9. Elder (6-6) – A new era begins with plenty of unknown factors, including where will the offensive firepower come from? The Panthers must do a better job running the football if they are to take things up a level. Elder averaged just 2.5 yards per carry and gained just 811 yards on the ground last fall. It was the first time the team has run for less than 1,000 yards in several years. NEXT UP: 8/19 – at #17 Covington Catholic (9-4).

Yes, it's dumb. Someone just making money off the Skyline advertisement fee.
Wow, seriously? These games are obviously promoted more on tv and radio than the other games. Skyline and the Showdown do all the promoting and usually a matchup that people look forward to. This usually leads to higher attendance at these games and the schools make some money of ticket sales,concessions etc. Look in the mirror, you might be the dumb one on this one!

Wow, seriously? These games are obviously promoted more on tv and radio than the other games. Skyline and the Showdown do all the promoting and usually a matchup that people look forward to. This usually leads to higher attendance at these games and the schools make some money of ticket sales,concessions etc. Look in the mirror, you might be the dumb one on this one!

The games are already scheduled. Most are league games. Go back to week 1 or just call it something else like Skyline Game of the Week.

I think it's silly, but no need to change it. Clearly it works, otherwise they wouldn't still be doing it. Kudos to those involved for keeping with it since the opening weekend event has crumbled, as I'm sure there's a lot of work that goes into it even without the scheduling that used to take place.

Elder comes in at #9 in the pre season Blitz Top 25

9. Elder (6-6) – A new era begins with plenty of unknown factors, including where will the offensive firepower come from? The Panthers must do a better job running the football if they are to take things up a level. Elder averaged just 2.5 yards per carry and gained just 811 yards on the ground last fall. It was the first time the team has run for less than 1,000 yards in several years. NEXT UP: 8/19 – at #17 Covington Catholic (9-4).

Behind Fairfield and Lakota East?

Seriously, what slapd**k wrote this article? There’s absolutely no depth and minimal detail in all of the team descriptions. It’s just a bunch of obvious observations mashed together with cliches.

I think this type of start will be needed to host a playoff game. But I agree and said something similar earlier in the Summer. I'm thinking 4-1, with the only loss being to St Edward.
Elder really needs to get a win over Eds next year at the Pit. It's getting old having to chalk this game up as a loss every year. Unfortunately, I think they're going to get beat pretty soundly going up there this season.

Last edited:
Elder really needs to get a win over Eds next year at the Pit. It's getting old having to chalk this game up as a loss every year. Unfortunately, I think they're going to get beat pretty soundly going up there this season.
I know you hate moral victories, but Ed's continues to pull a TON of talent to their program. It will be hard for ANY Ohio team to have any sustained success against them. They continue to distance themselves as the best program in Ohio. Staying competitive with them would be a great sign.

I do think E can beat Pick Central this year, but it will be tough. They lost alot, but they also play a ball control tempo. I could see the Panthers pulling that one out in a lower scoring game.

I know you hate moral victories, but Ed's continues to pull a TON of talent to their program. It will be hard for ANY Ohio team to have any sustained success against them. They continue to distance themselves as the best program in Ohio. Staying competitive with them would be a great sign.

I do think E can beat Pick Central this year, but it will be tough. They lost alot, but they also play a ball control tempo. I could see the Panthers pulling that one out in a lower scoring game.
It would be a good sign this yr, especially with the game in Cleveland. However, they need the win next yr given the expectations will be raised.