2022 EBC

Is Salem in Columbiana county
True, but just about 1 mile from Mahoning County, and closer to Canfield, South Range etc. than Alliance, Minerva, or Carrollton etc..
Just an FYI, roughly one third of Salem is actually in Mahoning county, the other two thirds are in Columbiana. And Salem to Canfield is a 8-9 mile or 10 min straight shot up US-62.
South Range is 8 miles away as well. Western Reserve and Sebring McKinley High School are both only 10 miles away.
Leetonia is only 6 miles, Columbiana is 20 miles, Crestview is 13 miles, Lisbon/David Anderson is 11 miles, and Jackson-Milton, Boardman and Austintown are all15 miles.
So it is actually closer to a lot of Mahoning County schools but most of them have a size disparity unfortunately.

I think he moves on
No chance he moves on, why would he? He is also a Stark County guy, my guess is he is the reason Salem hasn’t left yet. I’m sure he likes the coverage they get playing WB, Alliance, and Marlington. I’m not sure it would be a package deal either. My guess is WB would not follow Salem to the NE8.

Just an FYI, roughly one third of Salem is actually in Mahoning county, the other two thirds are in Columbiana. And Salem to Canfield is a 8-9 mile or 10 min straight shot up US-62.
South Range is 8 miles away as well. Western Reserve and Sebring McKinley High School are both only 10 miles away.
Leetonia is only 6 miles, Columbiana is 20 miles, Crestview is 13 miles, Lisbon/David Anderson is 11 miles, and Jackson-Milton, Boardman and Austintown are all15 miles.
So it is actually closer to a lot of Mahoning County schools but most of them have a size disparity unfortunately.
With the departure of Louisville and Canton South and no replacements it makes sense for them to be looking to leave. I think the old NBC was a very good fit for Salem and I think they have established some decent rivalries, they had some great games with Carrollton in recent years.EBV

I am guessing that all of the EBC teams have their feelers out for other leagues. Had South Range not backed out a few years ago I think CCC may have been interested when South left and the league would be on solid ground.

14 miles to Alliance, 18 miles to Minerva, 28 miles to Carrollton. 40 miles to Hubbard, 25 miles to Niles, 22 miles to Poland, 25 miles to struthers,, lake view is 40 miles, girard is South Range is around 10 miles and Canfield is independent. There is no real advantage for Salem to leave the EBC to go and be average in most sports in the NE8 and probably have the same it not more travel. But I understand them looking since the ebc never replaced Louisville and now Canton South.
Yeah I think it has more to do with the EBC folding than wanting to leave. Not landing Beaver Local and Liverpool hurt. Who are their next targets if they want to survive?

No chance he moves on, why would he? He is also a Stark County guy, my guess is he is the reason Salem hasn’t left yet. I’m sure he likes the coverage they get playing WB, Alliance, and Marlington. I’m not sure it would be a package deal either. My guess is WB would not follow Salem to the NE8.
West Branch's district borders Alliance, Marlingon, Minerva and Salem. Those are all nice rivalries for them. They fit well in the EBC.

They don't need to have them in the league but sure be nice if EBC would fill their OOC with CCC, Louisville, Canfield, NE8, and Howland teams.
WB played Canfield this year and Howland last year. Salem plays CCC this year and Poland next year. Marlington is playing JFK and Chaney this year and has played Poland in the past. Alliance has played Canfield and Poland. I feel like the EBC has done a really good job of playing those teams already.

WB played Canfield this year and Howland last year. Salem plays CCC this year and Poland next year. Marlington is playing JFK and Chaney this year and has played Poland in the past. Alliance has played Canfield and Poland. I feel like the EBC has done a really good job of playing those teams already.
Yes, and Niles played Alliance the past 4 years . I am just saying all these schools should be playing more before scheduling Cleveland/ Akron schools or further schools. Play local.

Did anyone get to the Carrollton and Garaway game? I decided to go see CVCA vs South this week and was really surprised seeing the final last night and the write up leaves a lot to be desired. What happened for the Warriors? I expected a much closer one

Listened to it on the radio and talked to a guy who went. Not a good matchup for Carrollton, especially when our best defensive back got ejected mid-way thru 1st qtr. Wouldn't have made much of a difference. Too many athletes on the Garaway team. Our only chance would have been a monsoon.

Did anyone get to the Carrollton and Garaway game? I decided to go see CVCA vs South this week and was really surprised seeing the final last night and the write up leaves a lot to be desired. What happened for the Warriors? I expected a much closer one
Garaway is just really good. Very, very fast on defense.

the Carrollton final was surprising, I know Garaway is a very good team but I thought it would be a lot closer.

Marlington is 0-4 but competitive in their games.

Salem played a good game against a good team.

WB and Alliance are rolling heading to a great showdown.

Minerva is completely overmatched in every game, no matter who they play. But the energy level is a 10 times better. Hopefully in 2-3 years they will be competitive again. Speakman is doing a very good job being heavily involved at the youth and middle school levels.

My takes and rankings on the EBC as we still have 1 more week of no conference games are:

1) West Branch- They are still the favorite. In my opinion they have the best player in the league in Deshields. It seems like there has been some younger kids who have stepped up in order to replace some of the guys they lost from last season.

2) Alliance- Their offense is legit and will score points on anyone. The question will be can their defense get enough stops or turnovers to knock off West Branch or beat the rest of the top teams in the league?

3) Salem- Johnson is a really good football player and can will his team to victories. He has struggled at times with his accuracy, especially with his throws downfield. Their defense still worries me at times against the better teams.

4) Carrollton- I think the Warriors are solid. However, I think offensively they are too one dimensional. If they can find some type of a passing game, they can knock off any of the top 3 teams.

5) Marlington- Offensively they are really bad. Looking at their box scores they just struggle to move the ball. Is the Himmelheber (sp) kid playing or is he hurt? It doesn’t seem like he has put up near the production as everyone thought he would.

6) Minerva- There is nothing to really say here. They are horrible.

My takes and rankings on the EBC as we still have 1 more week of no conference games are:

1) West Branch- They are still the favorite. In my opinion they have the best player in the league in Deshields. It seems like there has been some younger kids who have stepped up in order to replace some of the guys they lost from last season.

2) Alliance- Their offense is legit and will score points on anyone. The question will be can their defense get enough stops or turnovers to knock off West Branch or beat the rest of the top teams in the league?

3) Salem- Johnson is a really good football player and can will his team to victories. He has struggled at times with his accuracy, especially with his throws downfield. Their defense still worries me at times against the better teams.

4) Carrollton- I think the Warriors are solid. However, I think offensively they are too one dimensional. If they can find some type of a passing game, they can knock off any of the top 3 teams.

5) Marlington- Offensively they are really bad. Looking at their box scores they just struggle to move the ball. Is the Himmelheber (sp) kid playing or is he hurt? It doesn’t seem like he has put up near the production as everyone thought he would.

6) Minerva- There is nothing to really say here. They are horrible.

I agree with these

It was a rough week for the conference last week with only WB and Alliance winning.

I think Alliance will keep rolling and win a close one over CCC 35-24. This is billed to be one of the top games in Stark County.

West Branch plays 0-4 Howland but it looks like the 0-4 is deceiving with a pretty good schedule. but WB will pull away and win 35-14.

Marlington has been competing but Warren JFK is a very good D7 team and I think the Dukes will lose 21-7.

I think Carrollton can bounce back with a 28-7 win over Akron Garfield but I am hearing from Carrollton fans that they are way to one dimensional on offense and that really hurt them last week. They need to find a passing game to expect to compete with WB, Alliance and Salem.

Salem is playing 1-3 Padua Franciscan but that record is deceiving. They are a D3 team and play a very good D2/D3 schedule and made a deep D3 playoff run last year. This would be a good win for the Quakers but i just don't see it happing, Padua 35 Salem 14. Kudo's to Salem for scheduling a quality opponent like this.

Minerva will be overmatched again, Southeast 48 Minerva 7.

Fun game, I am sad too. What a great game.

One of the better games I have seen in a long time. Back and forth all night. I think there were only about 4 penalties total, and no turnovers on either side until the interception with about 4 minutes left, otherwise Salem probably finds the end zone late to get the win. Quakers will probably have their hands full again this week.

One of the better games I have seen in a long time. Back and forth all night. I think there were only about 4 penalties total, and no turnovers on either side until the interception with about 4 minutes left, otherwise Salem probably finds the end zone late to get the win. Quakers will probably have their hands full again this week.
Padua Franciscan has a very good program and plays a tough schedule. This would be a big win for the Quakers if they can pull it off. Good luck to them.